The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

and I hated Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,
I can't get into that dumb movie, either. I tried to watch it again the other night and I ended up shutting it down again.

So who else had Alice in Wonderland at #1???

It was my #1, too.

Oh, dear! What do I say about it right now? I certainly didn't expect it to show up today. Just doesn't feel like a Sunday afternoon movie. But I guess it will have to be.

I actually watched this movie again last year -- I think even before the Animation Countdown was announced to happen. So it's really the only movie from my list that I've been refreshed on.

Ummm... I've seen it a lot of times. Was a favorite when I was a kid.

My favorite part is probably when the caterpillar shows up.

I also like those bitchy flowers, although they kinda remind me of some people on this forum.

I hate when these idiots appear, though, and tell that boring story about the walrus and the carpenter. I used to always fast forward through that sh*t when I was a kid so I could get to the caterpillar.

I also like the tea party scene. Someone once told me that if I was a character from Alice in Wonderland, I would be The Mad Hatter. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Tea party scene kinda reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre -- girl sitting at a dinner table, surrounded by crazy guys.

I also like The Queen of Hearts (but I've reached the limit of pictures I can upload, so no photo of the Queen here).

Yes, it was my #1.

Alice in Wonderland.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	19173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice-and-caterpillar.jpg
Views:	1422
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	19174   Click image for larger version

Name:	flowers.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	19175   Click image for larger version

Name:	tweedle.jpg
Views:	1196
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	19176   Click image for larger version

Name:	alicetea.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	19177  

The Wrong Trousers is too low, a masterpiece in animation in my eyes. Everything about it is perfect, great use of tricks and effects with stop motion, lighting, sounds etc. Great heist movie with awesome action sequences too.
I agree, it's too low but not through want of trying on my part, I had The Wrong Trousers at my number 1. It's perfect, it's fun and it was made a short walk from my house

I've always loved stop motion since seeing Ray Harryhausen's work when I was a kid. Claymation uses such a simple material, but seeing things like peoples fingerprints in a finished sequence is really endearing . Claymation films are deceptively simple but very clever. There's a very English homespun quality to Aardman Animations works that makes them a charming watch

I had Coraline as my number 23 , an effective creepy little film.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Alice in Wonderland was on my list at NUMBER 12 , but if I were able to redo my list I think I would put it around 6 or so, maybe even challenging for a top 5 spot. It's definitely my favorite classic Disney movie of all time.

What I like about it most is the rich vibrant colors and everything that is brought life. It is on par with a film like Wizard of Oz and Spirited Away as far as the imagination of a film goes. Another thing, I seem to be a sucker for adventure films and this is a deep dark adventure indeed. Lewis Carrolls book is brought to the screen in the most imaginable way possible. I've read the book before, but the film is much trippy-ish, in my opinion.

As SC stated, the film has very interesting characters. First of, you have Alice herself, who is very interesting surely, but nearly every minor character is in some way fascinating to me. It's interesting that SC hated Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, because actually the Walrus and the Carpenter is one of my favorite parts of the film.

And in fact, that would be my favorite part of the film if I wasn't such a huge film of the Cheshire Cat. His parts are a hoot and a half. My favorite part is the following:
Cheshire Cat: Oh by the way, if you'd really like to know, he went that way.
Alice: who did?
Cheshire Cat: The White Rabbit
Alice: He did?
Cheshire Cat: He did what?
Alice: Went that way.
Cheshire: Who did?
Alice: the white rabbit
Cheshire: what rabbit?
Alice: but didn't you just say. I mean, oh dear.
Cheshire Cat: Can you stand on your head?

There's so much that I could truly say, I mean I love croquet too, I love the Mad Hatter and March Hare, but I'd be here all day talking about it. I love, "well! there goes Bill". I love the Monraths. Simply put, I thought this film really should have made the top 25. I doubt my low billing affected it that much, but hopefully it wasn't to close to a few of these next ones that are coming up. I'd like to see this one do well on the fifties list and well.

Master of My Domain
Rango was my 22nd.

I wish there were more animated films like Rango. It isn't afraid of adult fun such as massive gunfights and dark violence and is a perfect homage to many classic Westerns. The fast pace and hilarious, dynamic script kept me entertained from start to finish. When I first when to see this movie of course I didn't picture my description... and I loved that it didn't and totally caught me off guard in the best way possible.

Sadly it had lukewarm results at the box office (sort of obvious why...) so I don't think there will be a sequel which is disappointing.

Another childhood favorite I have not seen in years. I had Alice at 19.

1. Frozen
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Heavy Metal
11. Fantastic Planet
13. Bevis and Butthead Do America
19. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
21. Bambi
23. The Lady and the Tramp

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Woooo, I love you guys. Great to see this quite high up and especially good to see that a few of those votes seem to have come from my own constant mentioning of the film..
I had already seen it when I first read how much you liked it but I remember thinking anyone that likes Rango that much is alright in my book.

Reading Sexy and Raul's post about Alice makes me wish I hadn't cut it from my list. It was so difficult in deciding what to leave off and this is one of my regrets.

32. The Lego Movie - Voting Stats

Total Points: 232
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
18 Votes: 3rd Place (23 pts.), 6th Place (20 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), 10th Place (16 pts.), Three 11th Place (15 pts. each), Two 12th Place (14 pts. each), 13th Place (13 pts.), 14th Place (12 pts.), 15th Place (11 pts.), Two 17th Place (9 pts. each), Two 18th Place (8 pts. each), 19th Place (7 pts.), 20th Place (6 pts.)

31. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Voting Stats

Total Points: 239
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
18 Votes: 2nd Place (24 pts.), 3rd Place (23 pts.), Two 4th Place (22 pts. each), 6th Place (20 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), Three 12th Place (14 pts. each), Two 13th Place (13 pts. each), 17th Place (9 pts.), Two 18th Place (8 pts.), 19th Place (7 pts.), 20th Place (6 pts.), 23rd Place (3 pts.), 24th Place (2 pts.)

Snow White was my #13...

Saw The LEGO Movie with my Niece and Nephew and didn't think much of it. Was funny and I kinda enjoyed it, but was nowhere near the magnificent masterpiece it was made out to be. Held 100% on RT for ages and still sits at 96% and 4/5 on IMDb. I'd rate it around 85% myself (
in MoFo Popcorns).

05. Dumbo (1941) - 49th
07. Coraline (2009) - 36th
08. Beavis And Butt-Head Do America (1996) - 66th
13. Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs (1937) - 31st
16. The Simpsons Movie (2007) - 51st
17. Watership Down (1978) - 75th
21. A Scanner Darkly (2006) - 47th
25. Alice In Wonderland (1951) - 33rd

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the 3rd of 4 childhood favorites to make the list, with the other sure to come. I had it at #13.

I liked The Lego Movie, but not nearly enough to consider for my list.

My list-

3. Rango
7. Animal Farm
11. The Plague Dogs
13. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
16. The Wind Rises
18. Charlotte's Web
19. Kung Fu Panda
20. A Town Called Panic
21. Fantastic Planet
24. The Adventures of Prince Achmed (Near miss)
25. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Does this mean Akira broke the top 30!?! I certainly dont hope that it didnt make the list
It certainly will, if an abomination like Ghost in the Shell made it

Snow White is such an enduring favourite, in my family over four generations. My dad had to be carried out of the cinema back in 1940 cos he was scared of the witch, but still wanted to go back in. I've loved it, my kids have and now we gave the dvd to my 3 year old niece for Christmas and we watched it together.
I had it at number 12.

I gave Snow White 2 points and The Wrong Trousers 21. I don't see that there's anything special about The Lego Movie. I enjoy it enough to give it
but that's it. Rango, Coraline, Alice In Wonderland and Kiki are better but not so much better as to make my list.

Just like Alice, another classic from my childhood. Snow White was my 18.

1. Frozen
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Heavy Metal
11. Fantastic Planet
13. Bevis and Butthead Do America
18. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
19. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
21. Bambi
23. The Lady and the Tramp