MoFo art gallery

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I bet once you saw the result, it was worth it though

It's amazing should be proud!
Thank you. I felt like I grew leaps and bounds from tackling it. I'm just glad that I didn't give up.

quick ghost freddy layout

Wow. I almost thought this was photoshopped at first.

I can't wait until I get to your level. I never thought this was something I would take seriously at first, but now it's a huge part of my life. I started drawing a year and a half ago and I figure if I can improve as much in the next year and a half as I did in the last, I'll really be somewhere.

I just need a good book to learn from.

I'll stop bombarding this thread with pics, but I redid my chimp and it looks better:

Don't you dare stopping. I love seeing your art and it makes me want to improve

Awesome chimp Godoggo. I especially like the eyes.

Here's something of mine:

That's awesome! What did you do it with? (I'm obsessed with what art materials people use)

Just ink. Black ink from a fine felt tip pen. And also a bit from a red pen for the blood. First I sketched it with pencil, then inked it, and finally I erased the pencil and then touched it up a bit.

I'm going to do this over, but this is what I came up with for half my challenge. I'll put this up until I do it over but I'm not happy with it. I made the mistake of doing it on Bristol paper and I had never worked on it before. It sucks. It's so hard to shade on. It will look better on my nice cheap paper.

Which is better ? No Filter:

Chrome Filter:

They're both excellent

The first one is highly arthouse. Understated.

The second one with the chrome filter (is that through Photoshop?) is definitely easier to the eye, but seems to lose something with the addition of colour.

I'd go with the unfiltered one through the style it portrays and also because the film was B/W as well.

That's what I was thinking too.

I don't know how to use photoshop. I just have that filter on my phone. Yeah, there is so much detail you can't see because of that damn paper. It's definitely a paper for the pen people and I am a pencil person.

Here is a pic of me drawing it on another piece of paper but I had to scrap that because I decided not to use something else I was going to. It was looking so much better:

Stupid Bristol. (I really hate that paper. )

I'm horrible with pen. You have to be so precise.
Yeah, but it comes easy to me. I don't have steady hands, but I'm good with small details. I'm able to work mistakes into the drawing so they aren't noticeable. I used to use a quill to do my inking and I knocked the ink bottle over onto one piece that I had worked on for over 40 hours for a competition. This was when I was only 14. So I extended my border to cover most of the spill and added similar patterns all around the drawing so it looked like a miasma encircling the drawing. Splotches that dripped on the inner part of the picture I turned into various other objects. And I ended up coming in 4th because of a rule error on my part, and all of the judges came to me afterwards and said I would have come in first. This was a huge competition in New York. But I got 2nd place the next year, and first place the two years after that.

I love drawing and art, but I wouldn't want to do it as a career. I hate doing comisssioned work. Every time I agreed to do something particular for someone I never got around to it. I can only find motivation to draw what I want to draw for myself.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yeah, but it comes easy to me. I don't have steady hands, but I'm good with small details. I'm able to work mistakes into the drawing so they aren't noticeable. I used to use a quill to do my inking and I knocked the ink bottle over onto one piece that I had worked on for over 40 hours for a competition. This was when I was only 14. So I extended my border to cover most of the spill and added similar patterns all around the drawing so it looked like a miasma encircling the drawing. Splotches that dripped on the inner part of the picture I turned into various other objects. And I ended up coming in 4th because of a rule error on my part, and all of the judges came to me afterwards and said I would have come in first. This was a huge competition in New York. But I got 2nd place the next year, and first place the two years after that.

I love drawing and art, but I wouldn't want to do it as a career. I hate doing comisssioned work. Every time I agreed to do something particular for someone I never got around to it. I can only find motivation to draw what I want to draw for myself.

One of my college friends was so good at drawing that he was offered a job with Marvel Comics. He turned it down because he said that drawing was a hobby for him. He loved doing it, and he was afraid that if he did it as a career, it would become work instead of pleasure, and he would start to hate it.

One of my college friends was so good at drawing that he was offered a job with Marvel Comics. He turned it down because he said that drawing was a hobby for him. He loved doing it, and he was afraid that if he did it as a career, it would become work instead of pleasure, and he would start to hate it.
That exact reason is why I never did it daily but when I felt like it.

As I forced myself to draw more just to improve I started to simply do it worse and enjoy it less, pay less attention to details and more to finish and start next one.

You have to love art to do it right, not to force yourself to do it. Eventually, for ones sooner for others later, you improve. At least that's how I think of it. And I don't only draw, but sing, dance and write as well, but never force myself to do any of them. It just doesn't feel right and art is all about feelings.

If I ever get good enough, I would love to take a job where I have to draw or create. For me my work has to be something I am passionate about. I wouldn't start to hate it because I had to, I'd be so happy if someone was paying me to draw.

I don't want the same career for the rest of my life, but I love what I do. I'm the only person I know that doesn't complain about my job. If my next job could be something like drawing story boards I'd love it.

So one of my challenges is to draw a forum member. This isn't it but I need to practice on my portrait drawing as it is what I am weakest in. Anyone know who this is?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not sure who it's meant to be but it's very good. You've done a very nice job with the mouth which I always struggle with

It's Liza Minnelli. Mouths are easiest for me; it's noses that I am horrible with.

The irises are too big and the eyes sit too low on the face, but I'm pretty happy with it considering human faces are what I'm weakest in.