Sequels better than the original

Tools    

I ate all your bees.
Can include trilogy's etc...

Ones I can think of is X-Men 2, more fun & more action than the original.

Terminator 2 - Sure T1 was fantastic, but T2 was downright amazing, Arnie at his peak.

Aliens - Took Alien to a whole new level

Any others?

Clicky HERE.

For me, I still say The Empire Strikes Back (1980 - Irvin Kershner), The Godfather Part II (1974 - Coppola), Bride of Frankenstein (1935 - James Whale), The Road Warrior (1981 - George Miller), The Drowning Pool (1975 - Stuart Rosenberg), A Shot in the Dark (1964 - Blake Edwards), and The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (1966 - Sergio Leone).

I think those sequals are all as good as, if not better than, the previous installments.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think Star Trek II, has got to be the best "better than the original" sequel there is. I do not think it is the best sequel in and of itself, but I think the comparison is easily the greatest between series type movies.

Empire Strikes Back
X-Men 2
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
the Godfather part 2
And found he was eating his shoe.

Errrr... Hot Shots 2... and no, I'm not ashamed to say that...

*runs and hides in corner...*

I ate all your bees.
Clicky HERE.
Well...Im going to try and justify this topic on a technicality. This is a post regarding Sequels BETTER than the original whereas that post is just for Good Sequels. I'm going to say theres a difference otherwise this topic serves no point...

I would not go so far as to say that LOTR: TTT is better than FOTR, Sure it has more action but the first movie had a hell of alot of atmosphere, plus 'The Seven' were very cool.

I agree with the Empire Strikes back, it was darker and delved into the characters a lot more, it was all in all and excellent sequel.

Godfather Pt. 2 is a big call, to say its better than Pt. 1 is something ill have to think about...

Empire Strikes Back
X-men 2
Matrix Reloaded
Evil Dead II
Rush Hour 2

.... All sequels better than the originals

"28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds....... That is when the world will END" - Donnie Darko (2001)

matrix reloaded!?!

okay, reloaded was friggin awesome with neo's kickass fight scenes with all the smiths, but it was no comparison with the first one. to find out what the matrix was, well it was just so damn intense that i just can't comprehend reloaded being better.

and x-men 2 rock x-men. shnikity, shnikity. wolverine wiped the floor with the swat team.

and to find out luke was vader's son. damn! that was cool.

Originally Posted by PenclArtst
and x-men 2 rock x-men. shnikity, shnikity. wolverine wiped the floor with the swat team.
Werd. X2 kicked the crap out of the first one. The special effects with Nightcrawler were amazing, and the whole revealing of Wolverine's origins were just too much for me to handle. I saw it twice.

And watching Wolverine finally go berserk was ****ing awesome. I just about jumped out of my seat when he stapled that SWAT team guy to the fridge.

Holy bombs make holy holes...
Originally Posted by 7thson
I think Star Trek II, has got to be the best "better than the original" sequel there is. I do not think it is the best sequel in and of itself, but I think the comparison is easily the greatest between series type movies.
I agree, this one and Godfather part II are the only ones I can think of that are better than the original. I haven't seen X2 yet so the jury is still out on that one.
Dennis: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

-The Holy Grail

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Road Warrior (1981 - George Miller)
Not to say that you are wrong but i am just wondering Why you think its is better than the original?
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Hondo333
Not to say that you are wrong but i am just wondering Why you think its is better than the original?
I'll answer for myself (although it wasn't directed at me, I too think Road Warrior is superior), and say that it was more entertaining, more thrilling, and better staged than the first. Also, the characters are much cooler: the villains are more evil, and Max is Madder. I love them both very much mind you, and Mad Max is one of the best revenge movies ever, but The Road Warrior is the better of the two IMO.

did you call moi a dipshiit?
Terminator 2.

Originally Posted by john connor
Terminator 2.
I couldn't disagree more. Terminator 2 is excellent, the lame dialoogue just ruins it for me.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I agree with John for the most part. I didn't find the dialogue that offensive though...

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by john connor
Terminator 2.

I couldn't disagree more. Terminator 2 is excellent, the lame dialoogue just ruins it for me.

This is an atrocity!, I forbid any more negative T2 comments...

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I agree with John for the most part. I didn't find the dialogue that offensive though...

The dialogue didn't offend me, it was just lame and stupid. SOMETIMES! I love the movie, but there are some pretty badly written dialogue in there too.

Rush Hour 2
Terminator 2
Matrix Reloaded
LOTR 2
thas about it i cant think of any others

Originally Posted by BoondockSaints
Rush Hour 2
Terminator 2
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions (better than both)
LOTR 2
Austion Powers 2