Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I enjoyed it, but I've got some stuff to say.

I kinda got bored of Jay and Silent Bob. To me what made them so cool was that they were only in movies for spurts. A whole movie about them was funny, yes, but it was kinda boring. I wanted to see other characters. It's what I expected though.

Shannon Elizabeth is one perty lady.

I thought that whole girlgang thing was kinda lame. They shoulda found some other angle to work it in there.

Rock God
i thought everything about this movie was awesome. i don't want to oversell it, but it might have been the funniest movie i've ever seen, period. it's really by and for the fans more than anything, so if you're not acquainted with the characters, plots, and whatnot from the previous four films you might have trouble finding about 50% of the movie funny, because so much of it is in jokes. but if you've seen the other view askew movies, you will definitely find this to be the funniest movie of the year. i can't believe how many laugh out loud moments there are during the course of the film. it's a total riot. it's as good as every crap adam sandler movie out there combined. it's really everything you'd expect it to be and more. one of the best things is the cast. this is the funniest all around cast every assembled on one screen. will ferrel, chris rock, affleck and damon, jon stewart. it's so awesome. the dialogue is good, and what's wrong with the girl gang? it's supposed to be funny. i want to see this movie again in the theaters really soon, and i'm sure i will. probably another time or two this weekend. like i said before, if you're a diehard kevin smith fan, you will no doubt go nuts over it.

I haven't seen this, but I wanted to chime in concerning Shannon Elizabeth: yeah, she is pretty, but I think she's headed in the wrong direction (judging by her appearance in J&SBSB). From what I've seen of her in American Pie, she looked pretty...and normal. In the previews for this flick, she looks like she's got a ton of makeup on...and, amazingly, her eyes look bigger. What the hell is going on with these chicks with huge eyes? I don't get it. They're everywhere.

Rock God

she was wearing glasses in jay and silent bob. is that what you mean?

Originally posted by BrodieMan
i thought everything about this movie was awesome. i don't want to oversell it, but it might have been the funniest movie i've ever seen, period. it's really by and for the fans more than anything, so if you're not acquainted with the characters, plots, and whatnot from the previous four films you might have trouble finding about 50% of the movie funny, because so much of it is in jokes. but if you've seen the other view askew movies, you will definitely find this to be the funniest movie of the year. i can't believe how many laugh out loud moments there are during the course of the film. it's a total riot. it's as good as every crap adam sandler movie out there combined. it's really everything you'd expect it to be and more. one of the best things is the cast. this is the funniest all around cast every assembled on one screen. will ferrel, chris rock, affleck and damon, jon stewart. it's so awesome. the dialogue is good, and what's wrong with the girl gang? it's supposed to be funny. i want to see this movie again in the theaters really soon, and i'm sure i will. probably another time or two this weekend. like i said before, if you're a diehard kevin smith fan, you will no doubt go nuts over it.

Well Brodieman, you are absolutely correct! With everything . With me being such a multi- Kevin Smith/Jay and Silent Bob fan I enjoyed Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back . I can't remember the last time I laughed so much like I did watching J&SBSB. I agree with you Brodieman all the way except how can you compare them with Sandler? J&SB are much funnier.
By the way Brodieman, with me and you being such J&SB/Kevin Smith fans....we should e-mail each other and or IM each other and talk.

Yeah, this movie was funny as hell.

But...That whole deal with the girls was retarded, so was the Planet of the Apes bit, I thought that was played. Shannon Elizabeth is a beautiful, beautiful woman. Girls with big, beautiful eyes are the best. Anyway, the gang deal was just stupid, except for Sean William Scott's cameo, which was great. I'm telling you, that guy needs to get in some better movies, because he's hella talented. But the whole chicks-walking-toward-the camera-in-slow-motion bit was lame, and I just rolled my eyes.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I haven't seen this, but I wanted to chime in concerning Shannon Elizabeth: yeah, she is pretty, but I think she's headed in the wrong direction (judging by her appearance in J&SBSB). From what I've seen of her in American Pie, she looked pretty...and normal. In the previews for this flick, she looks like she's got a ton of makeup on...and, amazingly, her eyes look bigger. What the hell is going on with these chicks with huge eyes? I don't get it. They're everywhere.
I was thinking that she looked better in J&SBSB than she did in American Pie 2. Perhaps that just doesn't come across on the TV as well as in the theater.

Naw, not talking about the glasses. Beautiful eyes are cool, but I hate eyes that look overly large. We're turning women into Powerpuff Girls. I'm more interested in people who look somewhat human.

Their films are always better when you're drunk. Shannon Elizabeth is smokin no matter what she wears!

Rock God
man, how could you not find the planet of the apes spoof funny? that was one of my favorites. "we don't spank the monkey, the monkey spanks us" is now one of my alltime favorite lines. and randal running through the cornfield was priceless.
i can't believe we're debating shannon elizabeth's eyes. how could you even care about her eyes? geez.
jrs, my e-mail is: [email protected]
that's one of my e-mail addresses, anyway.

I thought the apes spoof was week too. As was the girlgang thing. I get the feeling Smith didn't really want that matrix type wall thing either, but I might be wrong.

As for Shannon Elizabeth. I don't see anything wrong with her eyes. I find them lovely! Shes got one of the best faces in Hollywood. So pleasant to look at!!!

Rock God
why do you guys pick out the one or two things you didn't like? didn't you find 99.99% of the movie hilarious? christ, i did.

I found like 85% of the movie hilarious. I laughed harder at American Pie.

Why not point out what I don't like? I'm not gonna say the whole movie was the greatest, funniest, coolest movie ever when its not. I rarely ever like all of a movie. This was no exception. Just because there were two good parts for every one bad part, doesn't mean those bad parts weren't there!

Rock God
i'm just glad brodie, randal, dante, banky, holden and so many other of my favorite characters were there. it was such a great experience overall, i just can't imagine being choosy. also, it's great the movie got a lot of positive, or at worst, mixed reviews. a lot of people suspected it would get terrible reviews, but only a couple reviewers here and there were negative. what matters is the fans, and this is definitely the fans' movie. did anyone have any favorite scenes? by the way, i'm hopefully going to be seeing the movie again tonight.

Spoilers:
Favorite scenes for me would be when Jay was doing his spiel into the camera about the C.L.I.T.(don't think its apropriate to say that without the periods). There were a couple more, like when they flew into the window, or when they were trying to get passed the security guard. And then the very last scene, don't know how many people saw it, but Alanis Morisette(God) made her cameo. Not really funny, but I thought it was fitting.

Rock God
i want the signed poster! how did you find out about it?!? i still have both my stubs, one from friday afternoon (a matinee) and the second one from tonight (i just got home). does it matter what theater they're from? i live in nowheresville, i hope the stubs are still good. what did you mean by "from the same theater"?

SPOILER

by the way, knowing that smith credits are always funny, i stayed to see morisette's cameo. she shut the book on the "askewniverse".

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Just the fact that every cast member from every Askew movie was in it was good enough. That whole Jason Biggs thing with not being able to live the pie thing down was hilarious. I'm not really giving anything away...it's funny no matter what. The Scooby Doo scene was kinda sorta funny. Doobie Snacks...where do they sell those!? I'm definetley buying this when it comes out, and I plan on seeing it again shortly. I took my nephew to see it, and he's only seen clerks so he only got some of the jokes. It's funny how they worked it so that it was the day Dante wasn't supposed to work and all. The whole gay suck my dick thing got old fast. I mean yeah it was their charecters, but still you can only do that so many times. Hey Kids, its Mark Hamill...LOL...

I probably will end up seeing this again Tuesday night. Even if you haven't seen all of the Askew movies, check this out then brush up with Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy, & Dogma.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by BrodieMan
i want the signed poster! how did you find out about it?!? i still have both my stubs, one from friday afternoon (a matinee) and the second one from tonight (i just got home). does it matter what theater they're from? i live in nowheresville, i hope the stubs are still good. what did you mean by "from the same theater"?

http://www.viewaskew.com/newboard/messages298/31.html