Letterboxd?

Tools    

Is anyone here on Letterboxd? It's vastly superior to this site, it doesn't offer forum style posting, but I never cared about that anyway. I just wanted a good mix of movies and social media. If anyone is on there, or creates an account, you can follow me and I'd love to follow back. Username is the same as it is here, "thekgproject"

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is anyone here on Letterboxd? It's vastly superior to this site, it doesn't offer forum style posting, but I never cared about that anyway. I just wanted a good mix of movies and social media. If anyone is on there, or creates an account, you can follow me and I'd love to follow back. Username is the same as it is here, "thekgproject"

Nothing is "superior to this site". This is the best site on the Internet.

I don't need to go there. The people here are great, and I can get everything I want to know about movies right here.
The problem is there's about 10 active users on this site. Don't be so closed minded and at least check it out.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The problem is there's about 10 active users on this site. Don't be so closed minded and at least check it out.

I don't know where you are in the world, but here in New York, it's about 1:15 AM on a Sunday morning.

Try coming here during normal business hours when this site is busier. There are WAY more than 10 active users on this site.

I don't know where you are in the world, but here in New York, it's about 1:15 AM on a Sunday morning.

Try coming here during normal business hours when this site is busier. There are WAY more than 10 active users on this site.
Yeah, now is like the dead hours of every community/forum. It's 7 am in Spain and around the same or 1-2 hours difference in all EU. Also it's sunday. Deadhour as I said.

Yeah, now is like the dead hours of every community/forum. It's 7 am in Spain and around the same or 1-2 hours difference in all EU. Also it's sunday. Deadhour as I said.
There might be ten active users on the site right now at this moment, but in general there are a lot more than that.
Not really. I was on here quite often all summer, kept seeing posts from the same people. Felt like a small town of a movie community, where I want to be in a city.

That is a pretty weird comparison, considering Letterboxd is a website for ratings films and keeping track of what you've seen during a year, whereas Movieforums is a place where you can actually discuss about film

Dude, people come here because it is a FORUM. I'm familiar with Letterboxd, but so what? It's not even close to being the same thing as this place. What an obnoxious post. Oh, sure, guy makes obnoxious post, so now I feel compelled to follow him on some other site. Makes sense. I'm there.

That is a pretty weird comparison, considering Letterboxd is a website for ratings films and keeping track of what you've seen during a year, whereas Movieforums is a place where you can actually discuss about film
You can also comment and like reviews where you can discuss the movie. Any other open discussion can be done here. No one said you have to only use one site.

Dude, people come here because it is a FORUM. I'm familiar with Letterboxd, but so what? It's not even close to being the same thing as this place. What an obnoxious post. Oh, sure, guy makes obnoxious post, so now I feel compelled to follow him on some other site. Makes sense. I'm there.
Your reply is the obnoxious post. I never said they were the same. And I never said you only have to use one site. Also, this makes no sense, "Oh, sure, guy makes obnoxious post, so now I feel compelled to follow him on some other site. Makes sense. I'm there."

Your reply is the obnoxious post. I never said they were the same. And I never said you only have to use one site. Also, this makes no sense, "Oh, sure, guy makes obnoxious post, so now I feel compelled to follow him on some other site. Makes sense. I'm there."
Sarcasm. I guess it flew over your head. Anyhow, your original post would have been fine, but you just had to add this part: " It's vastly superior to this site." And then whine about how there's not enough active users here, when of course there are dozens. So, yes, you were being obnoxious and I called you out on it.

I'm on Letterboxd but you couldn't pay me to follow you.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher
Because I'm nice, it's nearly Christmas and you're probably not a bot I'll not nuke this thread as Spam.

It's not good form to advertise a site while slagging off the one you're posting on.

Yeah well, despite being somewhat annoyed by your blunt advertising I decided to check that website out and while it is pretty nice, I remain unconvinced by the social media aspect of it.

In my opinion, the view that social media are the best way to bring people together is an illusion. Think back a few years. People were using mostly instant messaging. In my country the most popular service was Gadu-Gadu, an equivalent of Messenger. At the time I disliked the idea because there were tons of teenage girls writing to random people LiKe THiisSsSs AnD ThInKinG tHaT MaDe ThEEm CuUuUtE anD SwEEeT.

However, you could block random people talking to you with a single click and you always had a list of your friends. Those friend lists didn't go into thousands like they do today on Facebook, because people didn't collect "friends" and "likes". It was all about communication. If your computer was on, you were available. So were other people and if you needed to talk to them, they would respond immediately, because they didn't need to have the browser open all the time and it wasn't eating away a lot of their RAM.

The point is, instant messaging is pretty much dead nowadays due to Facebook. People just open their browser every now and then and answer to whatever messages people sent them, at their convenience. Luckily there is one remnant of that non-deluded era of actual communication: forums. Yeah, we are not just a bunch of profile pages around here. We are actually sharing opinions, discussing them and commenting all in the same space. We are not just simply leaving comments for other people to glance over and forget about our existence right afterwards. Facebook employees would probably call this a mess. I would call this the closest thing to actually meeting a bunch of people in real life, and that's why, to me, websites with forums will always be better than Facebook-like things.

If you just want to be a profile that nobody cares about, suit yourself, but don't impose it on us as a "superior" thing. Thank you.