Marvel's Doctor Strange

Tools    

It seems Marvel are set to make Doctor Strange into one of their Phase Three movies. Are you guys happy about this?

I'm undecided at the moment. I think he's a great character, just not sure how he will fit in at the moment - but I want to see where they go with the likes of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver first.

Also - who do you think would make the best Doctor Strange? My money is on Adrien Brody or Johnny Depp at the moment. This is a good collection of actors for the role, see who you think!

Adrian Brody as Dr Strange, very interesting!

The only way I would be interested in a Dr Strange movie would be if there were some acid visuals like Ditko's comics.. otherwise, NOT INTERESTED!
But I am sure Dr Strange won't be adapted the way counter-culture loved him.

For once I'd like to see a comicbook film in a ditkoesque style. If they can make Sin City keeping it's original style in mind, then why not a Dr Strange film.

I mean, c'mon imagine all this in 3D.

We Should Know Who Will Play Doctor Strange Pretty Soon

Considering Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are the latest names to swirl around the casting pool, it wouldn't be a surprise if Kevin Feige announced one of the two of them being the human form of Steven Strange. Of course, seeing as this is nothing more than rumor and speculation, Marvel and director Scott Derrickson could always throw a curve ball and cast a complete unknown/low recognition actor in the role. After all, it worked for Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

Kevin Feige gave this update on just where Doctor Strange is heading at this very moment:

"We're about to hire a writer to redo a draft, and we think we'll be casting probably in the next month or two, and announcing an actor, and then we get into production in the spring of next year."
Source: CinemaBlend

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well it appears that Marvel has found their Doctor Strange and that it is indeed Benedict Cumberbatch. He is apparently in final negotiations.

I'll admit that my knowledge and exposure to the character is not as great as most Marvel heroes but from what I do know of him I think Cumberbatch could be a great fit. I think he's got the presence and the ability to go darker and more mysterious that the character needs. Also I think that the character needs someone with a great voice and he certainly fits the bill

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
double post

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
http://marvel.com/news/movies/23754/...doctor_strange

Benedict Cumberbatch has entered the world of the mystic arts.
The actor will star in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” scheduled to hit theaters November 4, 2016. The film, directed by Scott Derrickson with Jon Spaihts writing the screenplay, will follow the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.

“Stephen Strange’s story requires an actor capable of great depth and sincerity,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “In 2016, Benedict will show audiences what makes Doctor Strange such a unique and compelling character.”
Made me laugh reading this. Sounded like they were saying this is the first time one of their actors was capable of depth and sincerity.

I always believed Banner when he said he was angry.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think Benedict Cumberbatch will do a good job.

UPDATE!!!

Lets get everyone up to speed...

First off here's the complete film details:

Release date: November 4, 2016 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Scott Derrickson
Screenwriters: Joshua Oppenheimer, Thomas Dean Donnelly, Jon Spaihts
Cast:
Rachel McAdams - Role not yet known
Benedict Cumberbatch - Dr. Stephen Strange
Tilda Swinton - The Ancient One
Mads Mikkelsen - Role not yet known
Scott Adkins - Role not yet known
Chiwetel Ejiofor - Baron Mordo
Amy Landecker - Role not yet known
Michael Stuhlbarg - Nicodemus West
Neve Gachev - Doctor
Guillaume Faure - Etienne French Doctor
Daran Somers - Doctor
Marketa Flynn - Nurse
Current synopsis: “Doctor Strange” follows the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions. “Doctor Strange” is the latest film in Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Phase 3’s goal—over the course of four years and nine films—is to introduce audiences to new heroes and continue the adventures of fan favorites.

Just released concept art:

Plus, here is some behind the scenes video

Doctor Strange seems to be sounding like one of the most enthralling and extravagant entry to the MCU.

this does sound very promising with Cumberpatch as Dr. Strange
Scott Derrickson as the director is gold Dude's a beast

Steeped Beauty, God is Beauty
ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/22/00-ew1397-1398-marvel-first-look.jpg

^

We have more images.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well the first teaser footage of Doctor Strange is set to debut on Jimmy Kimmel tonight so I thought it was about time this thread was brought to life a bit.

I have to admit to being really excited about this film. Between the images revealed so far and the incredible cast they've assembled I think the early signs are really positive. I've just got a feeling this one could be a bit special, similar to how I felt early on about the prospects of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Here are some of the images revealed so far. Benedict Cumberbatch looks so badass. The costume is just a thing of beauty. It's about as near as you can get to having something torn from the pages of a comic

Mads Mikkelsen is the villain but it's still unknown who exactly he is playing. Dormammu? Mephisto? Nightmare? Who knows. The first images of him have been revealed though, featuring some awesome and quite freaky make-up work

And earlier on today to coincide with the first footage Marvel released this pretty awesome teaser poster. Fairly simple but very cool

It looks so awesome!! I haven't read the comic books, but I always love the movies. I am never disappointed because I am not familiar with the comic books haha.