Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Spirited Away (2001)

Very well done movie that does a great job of transporting the viewer into it's magical fantasy land. Its just not for me.

Fault In Our Stars A+

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AA+

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	18726   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmnt.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	18727  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Spirited Away (2001)
Lucky you, Guap left the forums. Lucky you.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Adored this horror comedy from New Zealand, it's not full on comedy but I laughed a lot during this. Got a nice mix of things in this haunted house film.

And apparently they only had a budget of $350,000 dollars.

I like Spirited Away but I don't get why it's regarded as Miyazaki's masterpiece.
It's his most imaginative, unique and ambitious film and it's highly rewatchable because even though the film contains some clear themes and messages, the movie also has a certain opaqueness to it that keeps it fresh and new with every rewatch.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Arthur Christmas

A lot better than I was anticipating or the trailers suggested. Arthur is the son of Santa and in love with the spirit of Christmas. His brother Steve is obsessed with taking over the role of Santa from their soon to be retired father. When a gift is left behind by accident, everyone shrugs it off and says it can be delivered later, but not Arthur, he is determined to make sure that little kid gets their Christmas gift.

A funny and unique take on the gift delivery system in the style of hi-tech commando infiltration gags are a welcome surprise as is the journey Arthur takes to get to his destination. This one kinda fell into the abyss of Christmas animated films and didn't really leave a mark, which is a shame because it's pretty good.

Alive Inside

A documentary in which one man explored the notion that music from someone's past can bring back memories and joy in the elderly who suffer from Alzheimer's disease.

There was a clip of a man who was almost catatonic and he was given music, then suddenly he started singing, eyes opened and he was moving. That clip was from this film, which is pretty emotional for those who might have gone through similar situations with loved ones. It was joyful to see people smile and the look on their faces when the music played.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
The Muppet Movie -

What can I say? Clever and colourful fun for the whole family.

These are any films I started on Sunday, November 23 at 12:00am to Saturday, November 29 at 11:59pm. Kind of a light week, but the Thanksgiving holiday had me out and about more often than usual.

Foxcatcher (2014)
dir. Bennett Miller

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
dir. Dean DeBlois

The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
dir. Woody Allen

Whiplash (2014)
dir. Damien Chazelle

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Is What i saw and it was great i love Katniss, she was awesome.

Make a better place

Sin City: a Dame to Kill For 2014

I don't remember the first one very well, but I don't remember liking it that much too

I watched it expecting a below average movie but it turned out to be quite the opposite, and most important thing is, it satisfied my violence watching needs

Left Behind 2014

Well, it's not as everybody thinks it is

Spirited Away (2001)

Very well done movie that does a great job of transporting the viewer into it's magical fantasy land. Its just not for me.

Too bad, Cricket. Spirited Away is one of my favorite animations of all time and has been since I first saw it when I was a kid.

Wrinkles (2011)

An adult couple puts the man's senior father into an elderly care facility, when he becomes difficult to care for. Brisk pace with a decent amount of entertainment, while also being emotional and dealing with issues that many of us will face from one side or the other.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Attack the Block - 6.5/10

The plot and the characters were all over the place, the aliens ranged wildly in terms of their effective design / construction and the characters were themselves generally unengaging. It was extremely refreshing to see such an ethnically diverse cast, the production values were good and Nick Frost is always great to see, but the film ultimately didn't do all that much for me.