What does everyone think of this idea?

Tools    

I apologize openly to gbgoodies for calling her nuts. I'm the one who's nuts because I don't do the countdowns slow when I really should. So if she really wants to do it over again, let her do it over again. It would be more gratifying to discuss, in depth, each actor who appears on the list, one or two at a time. My list had too many errors and TIES, anyway.

That's one reason I gave up looking at it.

There were 9 pages, then I went to bed for a few hours and when I came back on the site there was over 35 pages. Not trawling over 26+ pages in one go.

That's one reason I gave up looking at it.

There were 9 pages, then I went to bed for a few hours and when I came back on the site there was over 35 pages. Not trawling over 26+ pages in one go.
Yes, well, thank you for sending in a list and taking part in another one of my insane games again.

I apologize openly to gbgoodies for calling her nuts. I'm the one who's nuts because I don't do the countdowns slow when I really should. So if she really wants to do it over again, let her do it over again. It would be more gratifying to discuss, in depth, each actor who appears on the list, one or two at a time. My list had too many errors and TIES, anyway.
Nice to see the apology for calling her nuts, but there was a quirky charm to your list that is lost when people take them too seriously. Miss Vicky could learn a thing or two from your easy going manner. I think you're being a little hard on yourself. Not everyone wants to wait six months for a list to be revealed.

I quite liked Sexys countdown, it was fun, but I don't think I would've minded if I was too busy that day to participate. You did get 35 tho so that was pretty good!

GBG I think you should maybe leave it till next year to do another countdown. I'd had a good hours think about mine and I don't think I'd change anyone on it, but running another one might get more participants. Also don't think there's any need to specify favourite/ best as most people go with their gut feelings anyway.

Nice to see the apology for calling her nuts
Well, she is!

Miss Vicky could learn a thing or two from your easy going manner.
*looks around to see if the coast is clear.....*

*.......... nods slightly*

Not everyone wants to wait six months for a list to be revealed.
They DON'T!

I voted no because even though SC's countdown was annoyingly rapid (and he missed my 1-pointer), it's done. But obviously I would turn in a list for the new one too, though my list wouldn't change, except for maybe one actor I missed. How about you wait a year and then do one.

There might not be any suspense. Jack Nicholson could still wind up being #1.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I appreciate the apology, but it's not necessary. You're not the first person to call me crazy, and I'm sure that you won't be the last one either.

I know that you're not trying to be mean. You're just saying what you're thinking, and that's okay.

At this point, it looks like we're kind of split on whether or not to redo the movie star list, so I'm leaving it up to the members to decide. Hopefully everyone will vote in the poll, and we'll have an answer next week.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=37981

Thank you to everyone for your comments and opinions, and hopefully your votes, (either Yes or No). I don't think there's any right or wrong here. It's just different people with different opinions, and different ways of doing things.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nice to see the apology for calling her nuts, but there was a quirky charm to your list that is lost when people take them too seriously. Miss Vicky could learn a thing or two from your easy going manner. I think you're being a little hard on yourself. Not everyone wants to wait six months for a list to be revealed.

The reason for the redo isn't about taking the list too seriously. IMO, people who get upset when their favorites don't make the top of the list are the ones who take these lists too seriously.

This is about fun and participation. It was fun compiling my list, but when I got home and the whole list was completed, all the fun was gone because I didn't get to participate in the results part of it. No comments, no discussions, no fun. Just 30 pages of list to read on my own. I could have just searched the Internet for a random list if that was all I wanted to do.

If I had been the only person who missed it, I would have just ignored it, and moved on, but there were several people commenting about missing the list, so I realized that I wasn't the only one who missed all the fun.

This is about those people getting to participate and enjoy the list from start to finish. It's also for the people who realized that they rushed their list, and accidentally left off some of the favorite stars. This is a second chance for people to get their lists the way they want them.

The reason for the redo isn't about taking the list too seriously. IMO, people who get upset when their favorites don't make the top of the list are the ones who take these lists too seriously.

This is about fun and participation. It was fun compiling my list, but when I got home and the whole list was completed, all the fun was gone because I didn't get to participate in the results part of it. No comments, no discussions, no fun. Just 30 pages of list to read on my own. I could have just searched the Internet for a random list if that was all I wanted to do.

If I had been the only person who missed it, I would have just ignored it, and moved on, but there were several people commenting about missing the list, so I realized that I wasn't the only one who missed all the fun.

This is about those people getting to participate and enjoy the list from start to finish. It's also for the people who realized that they rushed their list, and accidentally left off some of the favorite stars. This is a second chance for people to get their lists the way they want them.
I swear to God, I wasn't thinking of you when I made the comment about taking things too seriously. My comment was directed at someone else who seems to think their list is akin to the parting of the Red Sea. I thought your reason for wanting to re-do the list was a good one and I voted for it. I can clearly see both sides in this tiff and agree with both of you for different reasons. While I enjoyed SC's list, a lot of people missed out on some of their stars (me included) and a lot of people missed the reveal. My issue is with certain other people (not you or SC) that are bossy and inflexible about their list. You have been neither bossy nor inflexible and I'm looking forward to your movie star countdown if you have it.

The earlier the better for me. I would love to have one of these things once a week.
I quoted this post because I was going to say stick around SC and you could get one of these a day. But then, SC answered and said he's thinking about another one, so I guess it's kind of moot.

I don't think doing another one is a problem at all. However, I would wait until the new year, just because that clears Christmas/New Year as well as the animation countdown.

Wow. That was kind of a dick thing to say.
I can't believe he said I have an easy going manner!

I swear to God, I wasn't thinking of you when I made the comment about taking things too seriously. My comment was directed at someone else who seems to think their list is akin to the parting of the Red Sea.
Is that an animated Red Sea?

Originally Posted by Modine
You have been neither bossy nor inflexible and I'm looking forward to your movie star countdown if you have it.
There's a tinge of bossiness to her. It's just more polite and subtle.

I can't believe he said I have an easy going manner!
Yeah, I was like "What? Clearly this dude doesn't know Sexy at all." I mean, I know he's only been here three months but he must be really unobservant to think that.

Also I'm not sure where his accusation of arrogance is coming from. The actor list that's being discussed here is a "just for fun" list. Not an official MoFo list that's going to be added to the list section of the forum for people to check off. The animation list, on the other hand, is an official MoFo List that will be in the list section. I have to be inflexible about the rules to that - it's important that I be consistent so that it's fair to all participants.

As for my assertion that it's not a good idea to have concurrently running lists, GBG asked for opinions and I gave an honest response.

Well, I do have an easy going manner. I think he's actually incredibly observant and very wise.

Well, I do have an easy going manner. I think he's actually incredibly observant and very wise.
Well he's obviously not seen your behavior during a lot of the MoFo countdowns. There's a reason weeman's Hitler tribute video to you was so funny and fitting.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
What list has ever taken close to six months? Brodinski's probably took the longest because he would go days without posting, but after that I think they took around a month month and a half to complete.