The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

But are they gory comedies?
Nah, they are really tame actually. Especially Evil Dead 2. Very minimal use of blood and gore. I also recommend Dead Alive, which is similar.

Thanks for the info, and the link. I saw the movie Stargate, but I wasn't too impressed with it. I haven't seen any of the other Stargate shows except SG-1. I'll look into them after I finish SG-1.
Well, yeah, that's why I gave you the link - there's a specific, preferred, order and there are other movies besides the first Roland Emmerich flick. But I also know people who watched it in a different order and they didn't seem to miss out so watch however you like.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Impressive! I just checked out the link. You must have spent a lot of time working on this.

Godoggo, a BIG THANK YOU for your time and effort on this list!
Thanks. JJ started doing it that way and I thought it was a great idea to have something people could look at and see every show that received votes and who voted for them.

Some of my surprises: 30 Rock. It's a funny show that I thought would receive more love.

Mork & Mindy I did not expect it to make the list, but I thought it would get one vote, at least.

How I Met Your Mother As much as it gets talked about I thought for sure it would make the list. I've recently seen the last season out of curiosity and I feel for you fans of the show. I would be raging if I had been a fan. I read about it so I knew what happened but seeing it was something more. Worst last season ever.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well, yeah, that's why I gave you the link - there's a specific, preferred, order and there are other movies besides the first Roland Emmerich flick. But I also know people who watched it in a different order and they didn't seem to miss out so watch however you like.

I bookmarked the link so I can read through it later, but I'll make sure to check it out before I watch the next episode of "Stargate SG-1".

But are they gory comedies?
Maybe a little? It's been awhile since I last watched Evil Dead II, but I don't recall much gore. Army of Darkness has him mostly battling an army of skeletons. I don't think there's much blood to it.

Have you seen Bubba Ho-Tep? That's another Bruce Campbell horror-comedy that's much more comedy than horror. And there's hardly any blood or anything in it.

Thanks to my bae JJ for getting this going. Ended up being quite awesome.

Nah, they are really tame actually. Especially Evil Dead 2. Very minimal use of blood and gore. I also recommend Dead Alive, which is similar.

I'll have to look into them before watching them, but I rarely like blood & guts movies. The only one I can think of offhand that was a bit gory, but I liked it anyway, was An American Werewolf in London.

How long did it take to do just the IMDB part of it? I see there is 548 shows all rated at IMDB list and with the names of us who voted for them. Good grief! that must have taken some time, how long?

BTW who is Amy Lee?

Yup. Thanks Godoggo for running this thing. Great job! And thanks to JiraffeJustin for the work he did too.
Yes, I want to thank JJ too. He set me up real nice and it was easy to jump right in. I loved the IMDB list idea and it was easy way to go back and check something to make sure no mistakes were made.

If I ever do another list, I'm doing the IMDB thing again.

Maybe a little? It's been awhile since I last watched Evil Dead II, but I don't recall much gore. Army of Darkness has him mostly battling an army of skeletons. I don't think there's much blood to it.

Have you seen Bubba Ho-Tep? That's another Bruce Campbell horror-comedy that's much more comedy than horror. And there's hardly any blood or anything in it.

Is Army of Darkness also a video game? I vaguely remember a game at Dave & Busters that was about battling an army of skeletons, but I don't know the name of it.

I've heard of Bubba Ho-Tep, but I've never seen it. I didn't know that Bruce Campbell was in it. All I remember about it is it looked like it might have been some kind of an Elvis spoof from the DVD cover.

Exterminate all rational thought.
10 years from now Breaking Bad won't be remembered like The Simpson is today.
And neither will the Simpsons. Because it will still probably be on the air and if possible will be worse than it is now

I used to love The Simpsons. But unlike Seinfeld or BB it simply doesn't know when to call it a day. It would be the worst show currently on television if not for Family Guy.

BB on the other hand was a fantastic experience. When the last half of the final season aired I could not stop thinking about it. But I also think it should have been lower. If not for The Sopranos, a show like BB would never exist. It is still a great show and does deserve top 5 IMO, but I think there are several candidates that deserve the top spot more.

Is Army of Darkness also a video game? I vaguely remember a game at Dave & Busters that was about battling an army of skeletons, but I don't know the name of it.
Possibly. I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

I've heard of Bubba Ho-Tep, but I've never seen it. I didn't know that Bruce Campbell was in it. All I remember about it is it looked like it might have been some kind of an Elvis spoof from the DVD cover.
That's Bruce as Elvis.

Here's the Trailer:

When the last half of the final season aired I could not stop thinking about it.
Yep, that just about sums it up for me as well. Obsession to the max.

How long did it take to do just the IMDB part of it? I see there is 548 shows all rated at IMDB list and with the names of us who voted for them. Good grief! that must have taken some time, how long?

BTW who is Amy Lee?
I really don't know. The real work was taking all the info from JJ and copying it to my list. After that it was easy. As soon as someone would send me a list I would add all their shows. If it was a list that had a lot of shows already on the list it took me maybe fifteen minutes to a half hour to add their list. If it was a list that I had to add a bunch of new shows then maybe an hour. So I would estimate 20 to 30 hours?

Also for anyone to browse this is the entire list with all the shows and everyone that voted for them Tv list

Thanks for the link. It looks like it will take some time to read through it, so it must have taken you a very long time, and a lot of work, to put that together.

Thanks for all of your hard work. You did a great job running this list.