Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

What got me most was that even with all of the animation I've been watching, this felt fresh. I had only seen 1 Wes Anderson movie before(Moonrise Kingdom), and I wasn't a fan based on my perception of his quirky style. Whatever style that is, it worked in this movie. It's clever, witty, fun, and George Clooney did a great job as the voice of the lead character. I'm also a sucker for the cute animals.

Unregistered User

Le Mepris (1963)

Bit of a mixed bag for me. Really good storyline and visually it was amazing but even a stunning Bardot wriggling around naked couldnt hold my concentration on this. I found it too slow and although i'm sure it was on purpose but the characters were hard to relate to.

Or maybe i just had too high expectations.

+ (mostly due to Bardot)

Make a better place
Ridiculous stunts and below-average graphics are all part of the fun.
maybe you're right with the stunts thing

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

What got me most was that even with all of the animation I've been watching, this felt fresh. I had only seen 1 Wes Anderson movie before(Moonrise Kingdom), and I wasn't a fan based on my perception of his quirky style. Whatever style that is, it worked in this movie. It's clever, witty, fun, and George Clooney did a great job as the voice of the lead character. I'm also a sucker for the cute animals.
Probably my second favourite animation behind only Rango. A wonderful, unique film. You describe the movie perfectly in that it's clever, witty and fun, and the great casting is oddly brilliant too.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched Under The Skin last night, I enjoyed it.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Thank you for the advice I´ll try to make it in a more relax way next time...
The important thing is to just keep working at it. It takes time to fine tune these things. Good luck with your future reviews.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Summer Interlude
+

Not one of Bergman's absolute best, but still a damn impressive piece of filmmaking. Gorgeously shot,well-acted, and achingly realistic as well. The criterion blu-ray transfer of this was superb I must add.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Exterminating Angel

It did nothing for me
Not a fan of this film neither.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I haven't eliminated the possibility that I still like Bunuel, but he's 1 for 3 for me. The one I liked wasn't great, but decent.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've only seen 6 Bunuel and loved only one of 'em. It's Belle de jour that's amazing.

Lord High Filmquisitor
A Million Ways to Die in the West - 7/10

This is pretty stock McFarlen, which means that it's consistantly funny, but never really breaks into something more than that. I actually found myself more interested in the supporting characters than I was the protagonist, and like the far superior Ted, the best jokes were front-loaded into the films run time. Fun, funny and enjoyable overall, but nothing special.

Neighbors - 7/10

I wanted to like this film more than I did. It was reasonably funny, especially when you got past how awkward the neighbor couple are. It had a surprisingly great cast, servicable direction and a far better script than its simplistic premise ever needed to have. I found the frat President and Vice President to be surprisingly deep, surprisingly dark characters and I wanted to see a lot more of them working through their mid-education angst / crisis than watching their neighbors try to convince themselves that they're still cool.

Giver is the last movie watched be me. In this movie i liked the role of "Brenton Thwaites" the most, my favorite of all.

Mr. Turner (2014)

What a beautiful yet tragic film. Timothy Spall actually surprised me a lot and he was able to deliver a lot of soul through a rather downtoned and passive character. That said, he did all the "little things" to perfection and really made him his own, and the character development took a few turns throughout that changed my view on Mr. Turner multiple times. I will say that the weakest aspect of this film was the script. Not the dialogue which was quite playful and a great mix of old and new, but the actual construction of the story could've been tighter and the movie a bit shorter...

The acting was great all around and the soundtrack was fitting for the movie with a simple tone able to showcase more than one aspect of the story - the sad and the good. But most of all this movie's stunning cinematography more than held up against the movie's artistic subject. This might actually be the best looking film I've seen all year. Every shot was like a painting and the director often utilized windows and doors throughout to give the audience a feel of looking directly into a framed (moving) artwork. - And particulary the use of lighting was exceptional!

But the movie is rather slow in its ways and some may not get captured enough by the characters and technical aspects. This really is a love or hate movie as far as I can see, but still no one can deny how beautiful it looks that's for sure!

Nice. I am going to go and see Mr. Turner with one of my housemate soon. I'm looking forward to it a lot, all I have heard is great stuff about Spall's performance

I love Timothy Spall, always have done since Auf Wiedersehen Pet. He's always such a real person if you know what I mean. He works really will with Mike Leigh too. Thanks for the review MM!