The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked

I had Lost at Number ONE.

My favorite show of all time. That said, it is most certainly flawed, but no other show has inspired me to go read about science, history, philosophy, and many other subjects, some of them pretty far-fetched or perhaps horse ****, but interesting nonetheless. Sure, an argument can be made that it was just a hodge-podge of half-baked philosophical ideas, myth, legend, with plenty of comedy and pop culture nonsense interspersed throughout, but hey, I guess I find all that stuff tremendously entertaining.

Make no mistake, I am not claiming Lost is the best show ever made. Far from it. If there is one show that perhaps bit off more than it or its audience could chew, it's Lost, but man, what a ride.

The much maligned ending was just fine for me. As the old cliche says, 'the point of a journey is not to arrive, but the journey itself'.

And Lost is one hell of a journey, folks. From the statue of Tawaret to the Dharma Initiative to a visit to the Lamppost and through the Looking Glass, Lost was a culmination of everything that had come before. At its heart, underneath all the mythology and culture tropes, Lost was a human story, just as flawed and wonderful in its own way as we are.

As I've said, I didn't see the point in riding that particular fairground ride, but anything which can inspire people to look into other things should always be appreciated for that. If nothing else.

A system of cells interlinked
As I've said, I didn't see the point in riding that particular fairground ride, but anything which can inspire people to look into other things should always be appreciated for that. If nothing else.
Yes, other...perhaps less silly things.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
12. South Park (1997 - )

Theme Song

Quote: Naw dude, independent films are those black and white hippy movies. They're always about gay cowboys eating pudding. ~ Cartman

An adult animated series known for its crude, dark humor.

Cartman- Trey Parker ad-libs most of Cartman's lines. The inspiration for the character is Archie Bunker.

Chewbacca - It is a running theme that a character dresses as Chewbacca every Halloween special.

Aliens - There is one hidden in a lot of episodes if you care to try to find them.

Kenny- He has died around 80 times now. His parents belong to the cult of Cthulhu which is the reason he can come back to life.

Placements: 2, 2nd 2 7th, 2 12th, 2 14, 1 5th, 1 8th, 1 9th, 1 10th, 1 13th, 1 22nd

11. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997 - 2003)

Theme Song

Quote: Willow: Giles, is there anything you don't know everything about?
Giles: Synchronised swimming. It remains a mystery to me.

A horror drama/comedy series about a teenager that moves to Sunnydale and must fight vampires and other supernatural beings.

Spin-offs: Angel The series was also continued in comic books. Many characters have their own comics all taking place in what is known as the Buffyverse.

Roles: Ryan Reynolds was offered the role as Xander and Katie Holmes as Buffy.

Tony Head was the first person cast as Giles.

Charisma Carpenter auditioned for Buffy and Sarah Michelle Gellar was given the part of Cordelia and was cast in that role in the beginning. They eventually decided to give Sarah the Buffy role then Cordelia went to Charisma.

Another Willow was actually used in the pilot, but they decided the actor wasn't right and did another casting call. Alyson Hannigan was then cast.

The Magnolia inspiration: Whedon is a huge fan of Paul Thomas Anderson and loves the film Magnolia. In the episode "The Body" he uses the tracking shots he saw in the film.

Buffy school: Some universities offered courses on the themes of the show.

Placements: 3 4ths, 2 1st , 2 10th, 2 13th, 2 17th 1 2nd, 1 7th, 1 14th, 1 20th, 1 22nd

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
1. Doctor Who
4. Supernatural
5. NFL Monday Night Football
7. Criminal Minds
12. Archer
13. South Park
17. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
21. Deadwood
22. Sons of Anarchy
23. The Walking Dead
24. Angel
25. Eric and Jessie: Game On

Welcome to the human race...
South Park would've been at least in my top five if this poll had been done five years ago, but when drafting my list I immediately dismissed it. A bit too flawed for my liking, and in some respects it's almost as bad as Family Guy.

Buffy was my #13 pick, I believe. Very good show.

Let the night air cool you off
I don't remember where I had Fawlty Towers on my list, but it was HIGH. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, the Germans episode is rightfully remembered as the one of the funniest things ever put on television.

South Park was #8 on my list. So many good memories with that show.

T IS FOR TURTLE

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
12. South Park (1997 - )
11. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997 - 2003)

I watched 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for the first few seasons, but when the spinoff "Angel" started, I didn't have time to add any more shows to my TV schedule, so I dropped "Buffy", rather than adding "Angel" to my already overcrowded TV list.

I don't like "South Park".

It's one of the best social satires of the young century but number 12 is a little...no, a lot high on the best TV shows of all time. What does it say about us that one of South Park's characters was literally a "piece of ****." This show is extremely popular with 14 year olds and doesnt' say much about us having it this high. I have never seen Buffy although I keep hearing good things.

I have never cared for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. South Park was my number 2, but I hind sight should have been my number one. I just have so much more history with it then the show I put for number one. I was in middle school when it first aired and I have been watching it ever since! It seems though it would not have made s difference in placement.

South Park would've been at least in my top five if this poll had been done five years ago, but when drafting my list I immediately dismissed it.
Yeah but every once in a while (like last week) they produce an episode that makes it all worth while.

Anyway, didn't vote for South Park but had Buffy at #10.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."