The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

I cringe when Glenn shows up. I didn't even like him the first season when he was a adolescent hair sniffer.
Fair enough, i was waiting for the inevitable Pete bashing seems like he's quite unpopular among Mad Men fans on, the interwebz. I honestly never thought of Glen because as you more or less said he is irrelelevant, he's the sort of Character that makes his triumphant return as an adult and everyone asks theirself, who the hell is this .

Fair enough, i was waiting for the inevitable Pete bashing seems like he's quite unpopular among Mad Men fans on, the interwebz. I honestly never thought of Glen because as you more or less said he is irrelelevant, he's the sort of Character that makes his triumphant return as an adult and everyone asks theirself, who the hell is this .
Pete is irritating but also essential. He is the perfect juxtaposition to Don's character. Plus he has made for some great comedy relief. Not on Roger level, obviously, but pretty unintentionally funny quite often.

Had Mad Men at #14. Great show + Christina Hendricks = Amazing show.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Pete is irritating but also essential. He is the perfect juxtaposition to Don's character. Plus he has made for some great comedy relief. Not on Roger level, obviously, but pretty unintentionally funny quite often.
The fact that Pete thinks that he's automatically impressive in the 60s NYC just because he makes good money, is hilarious in itself. Then his initial attempts to get Don fired become comedy gold when you rewatch it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
14. Lost (2004 - 2010)

Theme Song

Quote:
Locke: Where do you get electricity?
Ben: We have two big hamsters running around in this giant wheel in our secret underground lair.

A science fiction mystery series about a group of survivors that crash onto an island.

Lost plane: Lost was an extremely expensive show to produce. The plane alone cost 10 million. They didn't have time to build a plane set, so they bought a real one and flew it to the island.

Bits of the plane were used as percussion for the show's intro.

Character's names: Most of the characters name reference theologians and scientists. Locke for example was an influential person in the Age of Enlightenment.

Jack: most Losties already know that he was originally meant to die the first episode. But did you know Michael Keaton was originally cast as Jack? He backed out of the part when he learned that Jack survives as he didn't want to be apart of a long running show.

Those lying producers: Producers told fans that there was a clue in the first episode that hadn't been discovered. They were just having fun; there was no hidden clue.

Placements: 2 1st, 2 10th, 2 20th, 1 3rd, 1 5th, 1 6th, 1 11th, 1 13th, 1 15th

13. Fawlty Towers (1975 - 1979)

Theme Song

Quote: Basil Fawlty: Right, well I'll go and have a lie down then. No I won't; I'll go and
hit some guests.~Basil Fawlty

BBC sitcom set in a fictional hotel.

Origin: the Monty Python crew stayed at a hotel where John Cleese became fascinated by the owners behavior. He found him the rudest man he had ever met.

The hotel owner criticized Terry Gilliam for switching his fork from one hand to the other while eating among other rude things.

The idea for Fawlty Towers arose from this visit.

Oops: John Cleese nearly knocked Andrew Sachs out with a frying pan. The actor had made an unexpected move during rehearsal. He had a headache for two days.

Placements: 2 4th, 1 3rd, 2 7th, 2 16th, 1 6th, 1 11th, 1 12th, 1 13th, 1 17th, 1 19th

I had Lost at #20 and Fawlty Towers at #17.

I haven't watched enough of either of the shows to rank them higher but enough to be worthy of my list (I don't know if they turn to **** after a couple of episodes/seasons though heh).

Welcome to the human race...
I had Fawlty Towers at #4. All-around excellent show with a great influence and an almost perfect run of episodes. That first season is one of the greatest comedy seasons ever.

Never watched Lost.

Just here for the free donuts
Sweet, more from my list making their appearances! I had Fawlty Towers at #16. I stumbled across this show maybe 3 years ago and was blown away. John Cleese is a comic genius. Everything about this show makes me happy. I'm actually surprised it showed up so high on the list. I had already resigned myself to the fact that it was going to get no love. Very happy.

My list thus far:
3.Cheers
4.True Detective
5.Law & Order
6.Lonesome Dove
8.The Larry Sanders Show
16.Fawlty Towers
22.House of Cards

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm one of those people that just don't care about the ending. The ride made it all worth it, I think.

There were a few missteps to be certain. I didn't like what they did with Sayid and Locke. Especially Locke. Ok, maybe I was a little mad.

I'm one of those people that just don't care about the ending. The ride made it all worth it, I think.
This is how I am. I hate the ending, but I don't care and put Lost high on my list (11) because I LOVED the ride. I got into it late in the game, during the last season, and for the time I was watching it I was pretty obsessed.