The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

I had True Detective at #6, which seems high, but I thought it was awfully good. As great as Woody Harrelson was, I thought it was the Matthew McConaughey show. He's been so good in movies lately, but I thought he took it to another level in this. I'm very excited and curious about season 2 with the new cast.

I've never been interested in Mad Men, especially after seeing Jon Hamm in The Town. He did not appeal to me as an actor at all.

My list-

1. Survivor
2. The Shield
3. Saturday Night Live
5. Married With Children
6. True Detective
7. All in the Family
9. Coming soon
23. Cheers

I didn't like the few episodes of Mad Men I've seen and won't be trying it again. I know people love it but something about it rubs me the wrong way.
My best friend feels exactly the same way about it. I think she made three episodes. I've prodded a couple of times since, if only because it just gets better and better, but she's not having it and I can understand that.

These 2 seem far too high, even though I've never seen them. Especially a show that's just out this year.
It's not too high for Mad Men. Not when I think of some of what's yet to come.
I like what I've seen of Mad Men but found myself much more interested in Christina Hendricks than the show itself.
That's understandable. But I really can't recommend the programme highly enough.

I'm not sure where I had it on my list (I've got it at #17, but no one seems to've voted it at that place, so maybe I moved it? I better not have left it off) but, again, if I was going for quality above all else, I think this'd be top 3 and, quite possibly, #1. I think it's the best thing on TV.

Mad Men was my #3. I can't believe the number of detractors it has on here. Every single thing about it is perfectly conceived with the exception of one character who doesn't take up a lot of space anyways. It blows any drama that had to try and find 25 stories a year for its characters out of the water, and is among the best of the new form of TV as well.Gandalf says it seems way too high, I say it is a travesty it wasn't top five. Can't wait for the last seven episodes.

I thought True Detective was good but it wasn't even my favorite new show last year. There are two episodes that were amazing and very cinematic. Besides that I thought it had more than its share of lulls.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mad Men is something I've been meaning to get back into. Liked the first season but got waylaid mid way through the second.

Time's running out for Town Challenge.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Had True Detective on my list, great show.

Mad Men, I don't know. I went through the first seasons pretty fast, then suddenly stopped when season 6 aired and Don seemed to be treading familiar waters.

Suspect's Reviews

Mad Men, I don't know. I went through the first seasons pretty fast, then suddenly stopped when season 6 aired and Don seemed to be treading familiar waters.
I have heard a couple critics make that point about season 6. I thought that was the whole point of season 6. Although I was watching Don fall into the same habits as previously, it still never felt repetitive to me. His progression away from Megan felt so natural. She never felt like a soul mate or someone who was going to tame him. She always felt like the new car that he would eventually grow tired of. Like how I imagine his relationship with Betty probably was at first.

Mad Men was my number three. In my eyes it's pretty much the perfect TV Show, while i obviously prefer the two i have above it; if i'm going by quality rather than enjoyment Mad Men would have been my number 1.

It has hands down the best Cast of Characters, of any show imo. Don Draper is my favourite ever TV Character, which is really surprising considering how unlikable he is. It's mostly a combination of how, cool, witty, charming, smart, funny, cunning, and most of all how downright self-destructive he is. Joan and Peggy are also two of my top Female characters ever. Joans transformation from essentially the office bimbo to Partner in the company, was extremely well executed. Hendricks played it to a tee, from Rogers mistress to the strong, confident businesswoman shown today. Peggy has also had a similar journey, to think that she'd move from Dons assistant to essentially the Female Don, was also well done. Her relationship with Don is imo the best written and most complex in the show. I feel like Joan and Peggy are great representation of Womens growing role in society during the 60s.

Something that most shows like Mad Men fail at imo, is effective humour. Not the case at all in this show, i feel like that's the entire reason Roger was conceived, the guy has me in stiches no doubt one of the funniest characters on TV. The scene when Don constantly challenges him to race until he vomits, was hilarious even though i'm not sure it was intended to be. Also this scene with Roger on LSD, nearly killed me.

Honestly there's a tonne more to say about this fantastic show, but i feel like i'll end up accidentally giving a scene by scene description if i carry on . At this point i still haven't watched Season 7 part 1 because i wanted to wait for the second part, so that's something to look forward too .

Only watched the first four episodes of True Detective, and while i liked it alot i think this is way too high for an eight episode show. In my mind it's a joke that it's finished above shows like Mad Men, and a few others even ones i don't particularly like. I mean what if the Second Season is nowhere near as good, something that i think is highly possible? Would everyone still have it so high?

My List:

3.Mad Men
5.Sons of Anarchy
6.Community
7.It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
9.Dexter
12.Deadwood
13.The Shield
16.Batman TAS
17.Only Fools And Horses
21.Curb Your Enthusiasm
24.The Twilight Zone
25.Friends

Just here for the free donuts
I had True Detective at #4 on my list. I've watched it all the way through twice and it just gets better upon multiple viewings. The 6 minute, single take tracking shot is just one really cool piece in this impressive puzzle of a show, not to mention the existential ramblings of Rustin Cohle.

Mad Men was my #3. I can't believe the number of detractors it has on here. Every single thing about it is perfectly conceived with the exception of one character who doesn't take up a lot of space anyways. It blows any drama that had to try and find 25 stories a year for its characters out of the water, and is among the best of the new form of TV as well.Gandalf says it seems way too high, I say it is a travesty it wasn't top five. Can't wait for the last seven episodes.

I thought True Detective was good but it wasn't even my favorite new show last year. There are two episodes that were amazing and very cinematic. Besides that I thought it had more than its share of lulls.
I forgot to ask when i was writing my post. What character is it you aren't a fan of?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, one of them will be Seinfeld, so that's that theory busted.
I like Seinfeld, I voted for it, but in no way should be higher placed than Friends, IMO.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
For some reason, I put both Dexter and Friends on my list. This is despite the fact that I have major problems with both shows and haven't finished either show in it's entirety.

But I guess I can't deny the fact that both did have a place in my heart for a while. I plowed through the first two seasons of Dexter in about a day, which is something I never do, and Michael C. Hall was just terrific as the title character.

final 14 prediction:
1. Breaking Bad
2. The Sopranos
3. The Simpsons
4. The Wire
5. Seinfeld
6. Game of Thrones
7. Twin Peaks
8. How I Met Your Mother
9. South Park
10. Lost
11. Arrested Development
12. 24
13. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
14. Friday Night Lights

Just going by the ones you selected, FI this is mine:

1.Breaking Bad
2.The Simpsons
3.The Sopranos
4.The Wire
5.Twin Peaks
6.Seinfeld
7.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
8.Arrested Development
9.Game of Thrones
10.Lost
11.South Park
12.How I Met Your Mother
14.Friday Night Lights

I forgot to ask when i was writing my post. What character is it you aren't a fan of?
I cringe when Glenn shows up. I didn't even like him the first season when he was a adolescent hair sniffer.