Criterion sale

Tools    

Criterion is a lot cheaper in the US than in Canada. Here each Blu Ray are more than 30$. I prefer buying 3 movies than 1 for that price.
I think they're ridiculously priced over here, I agree with you. For me, B&N is the only place to buy them in store, and they're usually around forty dollars just for a standard release, which I don't know if I could ever do.

You can always get them online, some for even cheaper than the sale prices at B&N, but I just usually wait until these things until I actually buy them anyways. They seem to only happens a few times a year, and it gives me an excuse to go hog wild on them at one time.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Are they $30 originally in Canada or is that a sale price? Do you have B&N in Canada? Sorry if that seems like a stupid question.

I picked up 3 more today:

Gomorrah
La Haine
and Island of Lost Souls

That brings my take to 25 during the sale and I am done!

The Criterion release for The Devil's Backbone is fantastic BTW. It looks and sounds pretty damn good! So happy they released that, I just wish the book were a bit bigger, but that's ok the on-disc supplements are quite hefty!

Exterminate all rational thought.
I think they're ridiculously priced over here, I agree with you. For me, B&N is the only place to buy them in store, and they're usually around forty dollars just for a standard release, which I don't know if I could ever do.

You can always get them online, some for even cheaper than the sale prices at B&N, but I just usually wait until these things until I actually buy them anyways. They seem to only happens a few times a year, and it gives me an excuse to go hog wild on them at one time.
I almost always get them from Amazon or on eBay. And I go crazy during the Half off sales at B&N as I have a link for the coupons plus my membership discount and my convenient location of having access to 5 different stores within a few minutes of my work and home. The $40 regular price is absolutely ridiculous no matter how great a movie it is, although I am an idiot that spent waaaay too much on a copy of The Third Man and less but also too much on a copy of Pierrot Le Fou. I also have access to 3 used movie stores around here and have been lucky enough to find some very cheap ($15 for Army of Shadows about a month before it went OOP!), or waited until it sat on the shelf for a few months and talked them into lowering the price to move it.

Edit for clarity: I buy them in groups of 3 to get the price over $50 so I can use the B&N $5 off $50 coupon plus my 10% member discount I pay $17.48 for each movie with tax in-store, which is a great price for a brand new blu-ray.

Aww it's ended. Anyone who has ordered The Devil's Backbone, are you having problems with out of stock/no stock? They are saying they are having trouble getting stock. Hope it doesn't fall through because it's really expensive now.

Aww it's ended. Anyone who has ordered The Devil's Backbone, are you having problems with out of stock/no stock? They are saying they are having trouble getting stock. Hope it doesn't fall through because it's really expensive now.
This happened to me before, don't remember which film, but the date on which your order was placed is what counts. And if not, just ask for a refund and buy it again in the November sale.

Sheeeeeet I forgot Ministry of Fear..

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
She ordered them online. The movies cost $50, shipping was free and it's local so it should take no more than two days to get here. She just had to pay about $4 (7 3/4 %) in sales tax.

Just a word of warning, don't buy their Madame de... Blu-ray, it's shlt. Someone should get fired for it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

This happened to me before, don't remember which film, but the date on which your order was placed is what counts. And if not, just ask for a refund and buy it again in the November sale.
I got a dispatch e-mail today at the same price I pre-ordered it for, so it's on its way.

Criterion Sale at Barnes & Noble, 50% off through December 1, 2014. Sale started today. I learned of it yesterday from a worker there who knows I buy Criterions.

Pretty awesome, I won't be buying anything this time though as I'm saving up for a pad controller.

I'll be getting some. I've been digging it recently. People I know are gonna think I'm a nerd if they see my collection
I wont.. you should see mine... between 40 to 50 films... got one today... havent posted about it yet...

I got "The Innocents" (1961) for under $15. The 50% and my 10% off for my B&N membership. Get one if you dont have one.. it still saves you more!