Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finding Nemo (2003)

I liked the story but wished it was a little more serious throughout for emotional effect. The more serious parts worked very well for me, but the comedy did nothing. Visually, it's amazing, with such vibrant colors and stunning animation. I also could've done without Ellen; I don't dislike her but her voice started to get on my nerves.

One thing I dislike visually in regards to CGI North American animated films is the cartoony style of the characters and scenario. Why not make an animated film looking like this:

Well, they made that CGI Final Fantasy movie with more "elaborate" visuals, but it sucked as a movie.

I rate Finding Nemo about the same as you do. I like it but I didn't consider it for my top 100 animations list.

Just saw Lone Survivor (2013) starring Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch and Eric Bana. Fine movie about a failed Navy Seal mission into Afghanistan in 2005 in an effort to take out or kill a ruthless Taliban leader. The mission goes sideways when the Seals encounter three sheepherders, capture them, and have to decide whether to kill them or release them, which would probably jeopardize not only the mission but their own lives. It's not giving away too much given the film's title, but I won't say too much. But from the beginning of the second third of the film to the end, it is a relentless fight for survival. The most heinous sequences are the Seals tumbling, rolling, and flat-out falling down cliffsides, all the while with the Taliban (who can navigate the rocky terrain much better of course) right on their heels, firing away. A very intense movie that I recommend highly.

Just saw Lone Survivor (2013) starring Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch and Eric Bana. Fine movie about a failed Navy Seal mission into Afghanistan in 2005 in an effort to take out or kill a ruthless Taliban leader. The mission goes sideways when the Seals encounter three sheepherders, capture them, and have to decide whether to kill them or release them, which would probably jeopardize not only the mission but their own lives. It's not giving away too much given the film's title, but I won't say too much. But from the beginning of the second third of the film to the end, it is a relentless fight for survival. The most heinous sequences are the Seals tumbling, rolling, and flat-out falling down cliffsides, all the while with the Taliban (who can navigate the rocky terrain much better of course) right on their heels, firing away. A very intense movie that I recommend highly.

I didn't like the changes to the story. They de-dramatized his experience. I find Berg to be an extremely incompetent director.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

One thing I dislike visually in regards to CGI North American animated films is the cartoony style of the characters and scenario.:
Because it's for kids and this is what kids movies look like in Hollywood.

Well, they made that CGI Final Fantasy movie with more "elaborate" visuals, but it sucked as a movie.
They did, but only because of the source material. Had they messed with the aesthetic of that it would've alienated the entire fanbase and they had no one else to sell it to.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Before Sunrise (1995)

The beggining seemed a bit unnatural: a guy is at a train, sees a girl, asks her what she's reading then invites her to have lunch on the train's restaurant and she says yes. Then, after chatting a bit and before knowing each other's names he asks her to leave the train in Vienna (she was going to Paris) and to spend a night together in the city, and again she says yes.
After that, the conversation flows and everything seems very real.

An interesting thing happened when I was watching this...
I was watching it with my girlfriend and, somewhere in the middle, I pause it and told her that the guy was a pretentious idiot and that I couldn't understand how the hell she likes him so much... That overly pragmatic vision was really annoying me.
She immediately starts laughing and says that she never saw a character so identical to me as this guy... This kind of make me think and I eventually realized she was right. I am like that sometimes and I never saw it so clearly! The fact that I could relate at this level with a character and that made think so much on what do I think of myself, it only means that this movie is incredibly well written!
Also, the soundtrack is very good and the shots of Vienna are enchanting (waaaay better than Midnight in Paris).

8/10

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Watched 'Super' recently and it was hilariously good

Before Sunrise (1995)

The beggining seemed a bit unnatural: a guy is at a train, sees a girl, asks her what she's reading then invites her to have lunch on the train's restaurant and she says yes. Then, after chatting a bit and before knowing each other's names he asks her to leave the train in Vienna (she was going to Paris) and to spend a night together in the city, and again she says yes.
Why do you think this?

Stonehearst Asylum (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Angels With Dirty Faces

Despite its age, film ranks up with the best gangster films imo

Brian De Palma's Femme Fatale 6/10
Entertainingly silly .. but another proof that De Palma makes movies for the sake of the pleasure of making them

I didn't like the changes to the story. They de-dramatized his experience. I find Berg to be an extremely incompetent director.
I haven't read the story. Whether they de-dramatize his experience or not, the movie itself was excellent and very dramatic, never flagging for a moment. It's funny you say that they de-dramatize it, when Marcus Luttrell was the main consultant on the film and very hands-on to make sure they made it authentic. All that said, I had no previous info going in, only after did I check out some of the background. Bottom line, I don't care, it was a great movie and I'm sticking to that.

The Shipping News (2001). Kevin Spacey sucked balls but the rest of the cast was great and the movie was great but in a quiet sort of way. 7/10

Enemy - A- (Mind Blowing)
it's more Mind Boring than Mind Blowing if you want my opinion

I just feeling like popping in here and say that imo, Lone Survivor was awful.

Overdramatized USA crap, like "aaargh I fight for my country, look at me I'm an American see my nationalflag? Right there attached to my back like a ****ing cape bitch!"... Or at least that's how I felt it was. Not in the beginning, but about midway I think it was, after some of the action. And yeah some of those action scenes were amazing, and I truly felt like rolling painfully down those hills. And the movie was shot well by the DP, but that's about it...Americanized hero-look-at-me-********. A shame.

I just feeling like popping in here and say that imo, Lone Survivor was awful.

Overdramatized USA crap, like "aaargh I fight for my country, look at me I'm an American see my nationalflag? Right there attached to my back like a ****ing cape bitch!"... Or at least that's how I felt it was. Not in the beginning, but about midway I think it was, after some of the action. And yeah some of those action scenes were amazing, and I truly felt like rolling painfully down those hills. And the movie was shot well by the DP, but that's about it...Americanized hero-look-at-me-********. A shame.
very well-made and action pack movie with great acting. I also vey like the ending and yes I fall in tears.