Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Draft Day

Phone calls, split screens, FOOTBALL!
There's not much to this movie, but manages to do some things well. There was a lot that just didn't make sense, especially in the end. The love angle didn't work AT ALL. If you want to see a movie that overuses split screen and wiping effects...watch Draft Day.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Noah

Come on out haters.
What an underrated film. I guess it's cool to hate on this movie because it has a "religious" angle. But I managed my expectations and didn't view it as a christian or religious viewing. Because of this, I was sucked into the movie for all 135 minutes. I thought the weakest part was the ending by far. Besides that only a few parts took me out of it (CGI babies!). I loved this movie though and it looked great in Blu-ray on a 72" TV.

Welcome to the human race...
Lost in America -

Maybe it's because the "dissatisfied yuppie tries to change his life drastically with bad results" premise has been done to death in the years since this film's release, but even keeping that in mind this film did feel kind of limp in general. Brooks' sense of humour doesn't exactly skew towards the laugh-out-loud, but even the obviously humourous sequences just elicited a real "yeah, I get it" kind of response from me rather than any real appreciation. A good film in theory, but in execution...not so much.

Unregistered User

Her (2013)

The Constant Gardener (2005)

The Pianist (2002)

The bottom 2 were both rewatches but it was so long ago since i watched them.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Silver Linings Playbook (El Lado Bueno de las Cosas). Me encanta Jennifer Lawrence y todo lo que hace me gusta. 1.000.000.
hmmm... It's good you like Jennifer Lawrence, but english please? XD

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Twelve Monkeys (1995)

When did Sci-Fi stopped being like this? The concept, the cinematography, the hidden messages, the soundtrack, the crossing with Hitchcock's Vertigo, everything is mind bending! Great movie!

Also, Brad Pitt at his best!

8/10

Alfie (1966)
A superb film.

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Full Metal Jacket 8/10

Five Weeks in a Balloon (1962)

Five Weeks in a Balloon stars Red Buttons, Fabian, and Barbara Eden. It's based on a story written by Jules Verne, and directed by Irwin Allen. It's about the adventures of a group of people who travel to different places in a hot air balloon.

The movie is a fun adventure, but it's kind of silly at times. It's entertaining, but it's not great. It also has a catchy theme song that I can't seem to get out of my head.

I watched Five Weeks in a Balloon for the 1962 movie list. I have to agree with GBgoodies review. The movie is fun, silly, light entertainment. It's big on stuff happening and light on character development, a hallmark of director/writer Irwin Allen.

The best reason to watch this film is Barbara Eden, she never looked better!

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Pretty Woman, 1990
Dir: Garry Marshall

Sweet, funny, fluffy modern fairy-tale and a very charismatic performance by Julia Roberts. Nothing groundbreaking, but pleasantly lovely and entertaining.

6.5/10

Surrealism doesn't work for me as often as I wish but I really like the themes here. Good performance from Eisenberg and a really cool score as well.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
The Imposter, 2012
Dir: Bart Layton

Shiver-inducing documentary about (you guessed it) an imposter. Just the genre of this film brings out more intrigue than any other of your usual run-of-the-mill fictional blockbuster thrillers could. The main character is fascinating and extremely intimidating, but there is still a sentiment of pity for him. All dimensions of this character are deftly explored, I still can't take my mind off him and the perplexing circumstances he found himself in. This film is so suspenseful and absorbing I don't want to say much for fear of spoiling, you really have to see this without any idea of the plot for maximum effect.

8/10

Killing Them Softly

Heaven forbid a mob movie be smart and filled with dialogue.
Pretty underrated film. I think people just wanted a pure violent mob movie and this is not that. I think this was way smarter. Great dialogue! Also I love how the hitmen are SMART. Talking about how they won't kill multiple people, it was brilliant. Every performance is so on point in this movie. The acting is just impeccable. One of my only problems was some tonal shifts. The drug scene didn't work for me really either although it was very interestingly shot. Overall I loved this movie.

Rear Window 9/10

The Devils (1971)

a film that defines the ages of when religion was most regnant.
Power hungry kings, accused priests and sinister nuns, **** yeah.
4/5