Cleaning out my DVR! What should I watch ASAP & what can go?

Tools    

I don't know if other people do this, but when I get the premium movie channels free for a weekend, I record any movie playing that I think I may possibly want to watch at some point in my life. This results in my DVR overflowing and cutting off recordings of things I REALLY want to watch.

I know I'll regret it if I just delete them all, so I want to start watching the ones I've never seen so I can knock them out and make space one by one.

The movies below are ones that I have recorded and have never seen. Let me know if there are any that aren't worth watching that I can omit right from the get go. ALSO, tell me which one you like best and think I should start with!! Thanks folks!!

-The Truman Show
-Secret Window
-Man of Steel
-Zero Dark Thirty
-The Purge
-The Way, Way Back
-The Words
-The Place Beyond the Pines
-Stay(Ewan McGregor)
-The Campaign
-Argo

-The Truman Show
This is a MUST and you gotta get to it asap.

Great little hidden gem, it's not perfect but unique and well acted. Defiantly recommend it!

The rest I don't feel like commenting on, but go see these asap.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Truman Show is on my watchlist for far too long, I heard it's a great one so that would be a good place to start... Man of Steel and Argo are not worth it in my opinion! I don't know about the rest...

I do the same thing. I think I have over 130 movies saved on my DVR right now. Caché is the one that's been on there the longest, which I recorded about a year and a half ago.

As for the movies you listed, I think Zero Dark Thirty is the best. The Purge is the worst. The Truman Show, Secret Window, The Place Beyond the Pines and Argo are all worth watching. Man of Steel, The Way Way Back and The Campaign are average. Haven't seen The Words or Stay.

The Truman Show, watch it first, it's a must watch.

The Purge is not that good so leave that for one of the last or omit it. Up to you.

Rest can go in any order.

Do what I do: just copy the stuff onto your PC and burn the stuff you don't want to watch immediately onto DVDs so that you can get back to them later. If the files are too big to fit onto a single DVD, employ disc spanning or divide them with Winrar (or a free equivalent).

If you don't want to do that for some reason, though, here's my recommendation:

1. The Truman Show
2. The Way, Way Back
3. The Campaign

The best thing on that list that I've seen is The Place Beyond The Pines. It's long, though... and probably not for everybody.

The Truman Show was great when it came out, but I'm over it now and don't really care to see it again.

Secret Window sucks. It's not memorable at all. It's boring. Remove that promptly.

Argo is good for a watch.

I've never seen The Purge but I get the impression that it's crap. But I'm not sure....

I do the same thing. I think I have over 130 movies saved on my DVR right now. Caché is the one that's been on there the longest, which I recorded about a year and a half ago.

As for the movies you listed, I think Zero Dark Thirty is the best. The Purge is the worst. The Truman Show, Secret Window, The Place Beyond the Pines and Argo are all worth watching. Man of Steel, The Way Way Back and The Campaign are average. Haven't seen The Words or Stay.
Glad I'm not the only person that does this, haha! I hoard movies too..Finding Nemo is my oldest, recorded 11 months ago, and I think I've watched it 4 times, maybe 5 in those 11 months

To have 130 movies recorded, you must have a ton of memory/space on your DVR. There is no way mine would hold anywhere close to that! I'm jealous, ha!

Lord High Filmquisitor
The Truman Show, Zero Dark Thirty and Argo are definitely the three best in my estimation. Man of Steel comes in at #4; I honestly never thought that I would enjoy a Superman film so much. The Purge is #5: solidly entertaining wih a great premise, even if its third act unravels a bit. I would not especially recommend Secret Window, although it wasn't terrible, just disappointing.

Thanks for your input, everyone! I'm definitely going to watch The Truman Show first, probably this afternoon! Hope Jim Carrey knocks semi-serious out of the park!

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Man of Steel should be the first to go, preferably shipped off in the general direction of a black hole. Other than that, the only ones I've seen are The Purge which I thought had an interesting premise but sloppy execution and Argo which I rather liked.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is the order (best to worst) of the movies that I've seen:
-The Way, Way Back
-The Words
-The Truman Show
-Argo
-Secret Window
-Man of Steel

I haven't seen these movies, so I can't comment on them:
-Zero Dark Thirty
-The Purge
-Stay(Ewan McGregor)
-The Campaign

You should keep Man of Steel, to remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes.

-The Truman Show
This is a MUST and you gotta get to it asap.

Great little hidden gem, it's not perfect but unique and well acted. Defiantly recommend it!

The rest I don't feel like commenting on, but go see these asap.
Ditto regarding The Truman Show...Peter Yates' masterpiece and jim Carrey's best performance.

Ditto regarding The Truman Show...Peter Yates' masterpiece and jim Carrey's best performance.

Just finished The Truman Show! You folks were right, it was incredible! So refreshing to see a plot that still hasn't been done to death, even though it came out in 98. I totally agree that this is Jim Carrey's best performance. They could not have casted a more perfect person to bring Truman Burbank to life. Jim's naturally (accidently) comedic movements, expressions, and reactions were so perfect for this character, which is great, because sometimes comedy actors struggle with keeping their natural comedic mechanisms from ruining a dramatic moment. (Ryan Reynolds' scream and hands crack me up every time, haha)

Lord High Filmquisitor
If you want more films with completely unique plots, check out Being John Malkovich. It's one of the weirdest and most original films that I've ever seen.

Make a better place
The Way Way Back

is one of my favorite recent movies, I greatly recommend it

Argo would be my second best in your list. Good movie, give it a go

you should be okay with these two I guess

Just finished The Truman Show! You folks were right, it was incredible! So refreshing to see a plot that still hasn't been done to death, even though it came out in 98. I totally agree that this is Jim Carrey's best performance. They could not have casted a more perfect person to bring Truman Burbank to life. Jim's naturally (accidently) comedic movements, expressions, and reactions were so perfect for this character, which is great, because sometimes comedy actors struggle with keeping their natural comedic mechanisms from ruining a dramatic moment. (Ryan Reynolds' scream and hands crack me up every time, haha)
So glad you enjoyed The Truman Show.

Wow, you have a lot of great films ahead of you!
I would say watch them all, but these can be at the bottom if not watched at all.
-The Purge
-The Campaign

and I haven't seen The Words, or Stay

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed