Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Internship

I was really sad when this movie fell flat on so many levels. Not just the comedy, but the chemistry. The connection between Wilson and Byrne, the connection between the interns as a whole, and even between Vaughn and Wilson. The writing is just not very good, which is sad because I thought the premise was very promising, and the Vaughn/ Wilson duo has proven itself before (Wedding Crashers).

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

In Bruges

Watched this for the first time yesterday and although I enjoyed the movie I felt it sort of went nowhere. The dialogue was brilliant and I liked the chemistry between Ray and Ken was great to watch. I just sort of felt there was no real climax to the film and felt the ending coming, I have not seen 7 Psychopaths but if the dialogue is similar I would like to watch. I just hope there will be a point to the story.

2.5/5 Stars

At last I'm arriving at the end of my Halloween Marathon of the original film series...

Halloween: Resurrection.

Now, please don't come stab me with a kitchen knife for this statement but the 15-minute opening sequence (until the title came on screen) was actually not that bad. It almost felt like the ending of H20 had been extended or given an alternate ending. I wouldn't even mind if this scene had been in H20, so we could get a more closed ending to Curtis' character.

But that being said, the rest of the movie is really really awful. The story is so poorly written and full of implausible scenes, fake build-ups, laughable dialogue and stupid actions by stupid characters. But to be honest I actually wasn't as bored as with the 6th film in the franchise, but they are still pretty much equally ******. Defiantly an insult to what the Halloween movies once was.

Some of the entries has been new to me while others have been revisits. Here's an overview:
- Halloween - saving the REVISIT for halloween night!
- Halloween II - NEW and a huge surprise, great sequel
- Halloween III - NEW and a load of crap if you ask me, stupid mindless nonsense
- Halloween 4 - REVISIT and about as enjoyable as I remember it to be
- Halloween 5 - REVISIT and a step down from 4, but still okay I guess
- Halloween 6 - NEW and truly an awful, boring, pathetic and stupid sequel
- Halloween H20 - REVISIT and it was a bit of a step down from how I remember it but still quite enjoyable
- Halloween 8 - NEW and in competition for the worse of the series together with 6. I hate each of them almost equally but of different reasons

I considered writing a full review of this movie, but I don't think I can without going into major spoiler territory. David Fincher is a director who I admit I have not seen a whole lot of his work. But what I have seen ranges from movies I thought were disappointing (Alien 3) to overrated (Fight Club) to pretty kick ass (Se7en). Well lets add Gone Girl to the category of HOLY CRAP this was a great flick!

This movie was incredibly well set up! Based on a novel by Gillian Flynn, the flick (and I assume the novel) was VERY well written. You think you have everything worked out only to be shown that you don't know a damn thing about what is going on. And the performances are great! I mean even from guys I did not know had the chops like Tyler Perry. TYLER PERRY put in a very good performance! And for those of you who still do not think Affleck can act, see this movie! The guy has chops and they are on display.

Be for warned though... this is NOT a date movie! In fact I might try to enjoy my bachelorhood just a little while longer because of this.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Dr. No (1962)

After several tries at watching this movie, I finally got through the first James Bond movie. (I usually turn it off at the first sign of the spider, but I made it through that scene this time by leaving the room to get a drink.)

It's not my favorite James Bond movie, but it's got plenty of action to hold your attention. The story isn't as flashy and explosive as the later movies, and it lacks the gadgets of the later movies, but Sean Connery will always be the best James Bond.

Lord High Filmquisitor
MovieMeditation - It's over now; it's finally over. At last you may know peace.

gbgoodies - Dr. No's a far cry from my favorite Bond film as well. My opinion of it pretty much lines up with yours.

Red State - 6/10

I was hoping that this would improve on the rewatch, but it didn't. It honestly feels like two unfinished movies: one where a deranged, radical Christian sect kills so-called sinners and one where the same sect faces off against the ATF. Neither half really had the chance to shine, which was further complicated by the fact that it ends so absurdly and abruptly. The acting ranges from average (most of the cast) to fantastic (Michael Parks) and the scenes with the pastor preaching Armageddon and him and his daughter in the shootout together are actually really memorable. It just strikes me as such a wasted opportunity for a dark, horrific satire.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) - 8/10

This movie, however, does improve on the rewatch (even four or five rewatches). The significantly broadened scope from Night of the Living Dead really adds to the satirical elements of the series and the writing and direction have both dramatically improved since its predecessor. In particular, the character of Francine is everything that Barbara wasn't: intelligent, active and defined as more than simply being "a member of the fairer sex." I still find the climax to be sillier than it should have (the pies in the face really didn't do it for me) and the Mall music to be obnoxious. Still, it is an excellent sequel to the first film that, while not superior to it, was remarkably better produced than it.

Jesus Camp (2006)

This one was a little hard to rate because it was a documentary, so I'll just give some quick thoughts, but no rating.

As a documentary, it was very good. It gave a lot of information, and it was presented in an interesting, easy to understand way that kept my attention, but in this case, that's not necessarily a good thing because I didn't agree with what the people were teaching the kids.

I didn't really like the subject of the documentary. I'm not a very religious person, so I don't really have much interest in Christian camps for kids. In addition, it felt more like the kids were in a cult, rather than at a camp. Even the kids talked about how they were "being trained to train other kids".

Even though the documentary itself was pretty good, unless you have an interest in this type of subject, I wouldn't really recommend this documentary.

The Return (2003)

The Return is about two boys whose father returns after many years, and takes them away to an island for what they think will be a fishing vacation, but it's seems to be more of a bonding experience. It's interesting to see how the two brothers react very differently to their father's return. The older brother seems to feel a need to bond with his father, but the younger brother seems to rebel against his father at every opportunity.

The story pulled me in from the very beginning, and kept my attention all the way through to the end. It has an ending that will make you think about it long after the movie is over. The actors who play the brothers both give excellent performances.

I don't think Jesus Camp is trying to get you to agree with what the children are being taught. The point is simply to make you think about the subject and I felt it accomplished that goal quite well. I was pretty disgusted by what I saw in the footage, but to me that's not a negative thing about the film. That a documentary could evoke that kind of reaction in me is a great compliment to it.

I don't think Jesus Camp is trying to get you to agree with what the children are being taught. The point is simply to make you think about the subject and I felt it accomplished that goal quite well. I was pretty disgusted by what I saw in the footage, but to me that's not a negative thing about the film. That a documentary could evoke that kind of reaction in me is a great compliment to it.

I understand what you're saying, that's the reason why I didn't really want to give it a rating. It's hard to rate something that I was so against while watching, and give it a fair rating.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

With: Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet as main roles.

8/10

That was quite something. The first time I watched it I didn't finish it due to watching it with someone else. But I liked the part I get to see, so I finished it just now. Probably would have liked it even more if I finished it the first time as I dislike leaving movies half way through.

The movie makes you think that, every experience is something we have to save, even if it doesn't turn out as we'd like. Because life is not a rainbow and that is why it's so great.

Unregistered User

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010)

A difficult film for me to rate. I read a lot of negative reviews about this, about how slow, boring, monotonous etc. I didn't find it to be any of these. Whilst I probably won't rush to watch it again, i'd still recommend it.

+

Pretty Poison (1968)

Medium Cool (1969)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Requiem for A Dream- 9/10

A very dark and ultimately tragic movie based around the constant use of psychedelics in the wake of ambitions. It portrays the failure to achieve the american dream in a light not taken by other directors. The soundtrack and portrayal of the drug taking is focal to the success of the movie but not actually focused on as it attempts to portray how the mind works with the heroin rather than the use. The movie is dark and reflecting and will stay with you but it is certainly one to watch.

LIKE- trainspotting

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Toy Story 3 (2010)

Great movie, it has some of the most amazing graphics I remember seeing, and it has some thrilling scenes (the scene on the incinerator is awesome)! The plot is pretty simple, kind of similar to the other two movies but that doesn't mean that is a childish film! It's really entertaining and keeps the same magic of the first one!

8/10

Toy Story 3 (2010)

Great movie, it has some of the most amazing graphics I remember seeing, and it has some thrilling scenes (the scene on the incinerator is awesome)! The plot is pretty simple, kind of similar to the other two movies but that doesn't mean that is a childish film! It's really entertaining and keeps the same magic of the first one!

8/10
You should watch Rango

Lord High Filmquisitor
Toy Story 3 (2010)

8/10
Is it sad that I think that the film should have ended on a darker note? When they're all in the junk yard, falling hopelessly toward the incinerator, they have that moment of realization: they're going to die. They then accept their fate, stop struggling and hold hands. Instead of the little aliens from Pizza Planet swooping in to save the day with a literal Deus Ex Machina, I adamently believe that they should have let them burn, slowly zooming out and fading to black as Woody and the rest fall into the incinerator.

Obviously nobody I've ever told this agrees with me. The usual argument would have been that it would have been too dark for a kids / family movie. And while that is true to an extent, the first film came out in 1995 when I was six-years-old and I, along with the rest of its core audience, grew up with those characters over the following fifteen years. The second film was focussed on Woody coming to terms with his own mortality and the third film was essentially the rest of the characters coming to that same realization. It would have been a dramatic and apropos send-off to the characters and a fitting conclusion to the series.

I liked the ending that they actually went with, and it's shocking enough that they were able to show how resigned to death that the characters were, but I still wish that they would have taken it that extra step.