Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Looks good and as a fan I can't wait for this to come out.I think this will be a bit out of his comfortable zone.Only 44 and having all these great movies behind him is huge achievement.Also...I never looked is this actually official...Is Nolan part of team that works on BvS?

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Other than the brilliant "Memento", I honestly don't care all too much for the rest of Nolan's work (note: I have yet to see "Following"). However, if the trailers are any indication, then this could be a truly great film.

It actually looks like it has half a brain, which seems like a rarity when it comes to large-scale science-fiction projects. It's also shot on 35mm instead of digital - film negative is something Nolan has heavily espoused, and I think he's awesome because of that. In fact, just recently, Tarantino, Nolan, among many others agreed to continue purchasing large quantities of film stock from Kodak to keep the company economically viable and productive. Bless them.

It really also seems to have a great deal ambition.

I'm actually really looking forward to this film.

blah 2 more months. Nolan's movies are always events for me. Can't freaking wait.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I want to see Interstellar so bad

There seems to be a tweet on Edgar Wright's twitter where he hints at seeing an upcoming highly anticipated movie. In IMAX. Sounds as if it could be Interstellar and he says, whatever movie he is talking about, "it exceeded my high expectations." Ah so jealous if it is in deed Interstellar. Great news if he was blown away thou. Then again it could be something entirely different ha.

I am up in the air about this one, from only basically viewing trailers and reading a synopsis I don't know if I am that keen. I really find space travel movies boring. Apollo 13 was dull for me I have seen the start of gravity but wasn't enthused to see the rest yet. There are exceptions I like such as Moon but yeah not a fan. I like all of Nolan's movies in the past and I like the new Matthew McConaughey acting but there is just something that doesn't place this date to see the premier.

Well, I have high hopes for Interstellar. I'm not a huge fan of Nolan, mainly because I think his characters tend to be a little thin (and his dialogue sucks sometimes). I'd like to think this will be a return to a more exploratory science-fiction, something closer to Star Trek.

I am very excited for Interstellar. I've always been interested in space travel movies and T.V. My dad and I used to watch episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation and it just captivated my imagination. I hope Interstellar does the same thing

Interstellar looks meh to me
Fire walk with me.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
"Those aren't waves, they're mountains..."

p.e.

ok, maybe a lil' dyslexic on that one...you get the drift

guys, expectations are high for this film, to be an epic saga, a film that will be talked about for years, but what do we expect come november 7th, how do u think the plotting is gonna be, meaning, will it be a complex movie as most of his movies?

I am up in the air about this one, from only basically viewing trailers and reading a synopsis I don't know if I am that keen. I really find space travel movies boring. Apollo 13 was dull for me I have seen the start of gravity but wasn't enthused to see the rest yet. There are exceptions I like such as Moon but yeah not a fan. I like all of Nolan's movies in the past and I like the new Matthew McConaughey acting but there is just something that doesn't place this date to see the premier.
appolo 13 was actually boring, but i dont agree about gravity, gravity is a sublime film from start to finish, it has heart, great acting from sandra bullock. great finale.

Have succesfully chosen to NOT watch anything from this movie. I wanna go in without much knowledge about what kind of movie this is going to be. I haven't watched trailers, pictures, posters, stills or anyhting (apart from the very few stills I've fallen upon when scrolling through facebook or whatever).

Well, one of the nicest things about Nolan's films (which sounds like an exaggeration, but isn't) is that he basically never spoils anything significant in his marketing materials. I don't know if this is something he insists on personally, but it's held true the last several times, and I really, really appreciate it. Trailers that give away huge swaths of the film are a pet peeve of mine, and his films in particular benefit from holding back on details. So I like that I can watch these trailers being relatively confident that it won't hurt my enjoyment of the film.

I'll still consider my self new to Nolan as I have only watched five films of his so far. Here's how I'll rank them.

1. Memento (10/10)
2. Inception (10/10)
3. The Prestige (9/10)
4. Insomnia (8/10)
5. Following (7/10)

Interstellar more than likely will be awesome.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Well, one of the nicest things about Nolan's films (which sounds like an exaggeration, but isn't) is that he basically never spoils anything significant in his marketing materials. I don't know if this is something he insists on personally, but it's held true the last several times, and I really, really appreciate it. Trailers that give away huge swaths of the film are a pet peeve of mine, and his films in particular benefit from holding back on details. So I like that I can watch these trailers being relatively confident that it won't hurt my enjoyment of the film.
I completely agree with you on this. I'm still not sure what to feel about the film from its trailers, but everything about them looks good and Nolan has yet to left me down.

I'll still consider my self new to Nolan as I have only watched five films of his so far. Here's how I'll rank them.

1. Memento (10/10)
2. Inception (10/10)
3. The Prestige (9/10)
4. Insomnia (8/10)
5. Following (7/10)

You really should check out his Dark Knight trilogy. Batman Begins is the best Batman origin story that could have been hoped for, The Dark Knight is easily my favorite film of his overall (and the only film of his in my top 10) and The Dark Knight Rises, while a notable step down from the previous two installments, is still a great film that perfectly concludes his trilogy.

1. Memento (10/10)
2. Inception (10/10)
3. The Prestige (9/10)
4. Insomnia (8/10)
5. Following (7/10)

I'm surprised you haven't seen the batman films. I must say that they are better than the average superhero movie, and they're pretty well made. The Dark Knight is, imo, one of the best superhero movies ever, and I highly reccomend it.

IMO, the early trailers made me want to see what was on the "other side", why are the trailers showing clips of said side? What happen to keeping it a mystery?