Is there a car in the LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring?

→ in
Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Well, is there? A local movie theater was showing movie trivia before a movie started, and this was one of the trivia things. Is there? I could never find it. What scene is it anyhow? Is it the scene when Sam and Frodo are walking through the corn field? I don't know... I can't find it. Can someone out there tell me where this dumb car is?

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Well, is there? A local movie theater was showing movie trivia before a movie started, and this was one of the trivia things. Is there? I could never find it. What scene is it anyhow? Is it the scene when Sam and Frodo are walking through the corn field? I don't know... I can't find it. Can someone out there tell me where this dumb car is?

In the scene where Sam and Frodo are in the field with the scarecrow, you can plainly see a car cruising past in the distance, from right to left. Further comment - there are two different shots which show the car moving from right to left. One starts at the top right distance, and in a shot a few seconds later the car has travelled down the road a bit and is more easily visible. Complicating matters is that the dust thrown up by the car looks similar to smoke from a chimney in the right distance, making some people think it is just the chimney. But chimneys don't move, and the smoke from the chimney is separate from the moving vehicle. It is deleted on the DVD, but you can still see an obvious bit of image fakery on the hill just left of the smoking chimney. One can see the hill, tree, and surrounding area move up and down and shimmer slightly where someone has done a cut and paste to cover up the auto. The "car inclusive" scene appears on the National Geographic documentary Beyond the Movie The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Also, watch the music documentary on the extended dvd - when it shows this scene the car is still in it.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Hey, will someone upload a shot of that for me? My dvd drive is on the blink.

The first person to do so will receive 9000* reputation points!

(* = -8999)

I never knew that....How rare.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Apparently if you look hard enough you can spot Mel Gibson riding a bike.

Well, anyone up for the challenge?

I think I also saw that boy ghost from three men and a baby behind a rock when Sam and Frodo first hooked up with Golem

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by 7thson
I think I also saw that boy ghost from three men and a baby behind a rock when Sam and Frodo first hooked up with Golem
Yeah... he's just standing there for a split second until they cut to a new scene.

really...how far into the movie is that
in mins and secs if you have the recording

i don't have the extended version, but going off what jrs posted (about the smoke cloud) i THINK i've got the right scene

Frodo and Sam have left Hobbiton and have just left Gandalf on the road, are on their way alone...they pass though a wheat field and there is a scarecrow in the scene - its the bit where Sam says "this is it, if i take one more step its the farthest away from home i have ever been" ...when the scene pans out, there is a dust cloud top right...and it is definately moving

OH POO!!!!...i was so worried about capturing the right shot, i forgot to look at the elapsed time...and now i've returned the dvd to the shelf, and put on another...blah blah blah..... :-( sorrryyyy