The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

→ in
Tools    

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Roger Ebert's ZERO STAR review.
Thank you! I read that review this morning. I was about to go out and see the first showing, but the review made me change my mind. I love my good buddy, Roger Ebert, and his word always helps. Even though he does hate some stuff I like, I KNOW THIS REMAKE SUCKS!

Do you know my poetry?
I never really wanted to see this remake, I knew it was going to be crap. My friend had invited me to see it with him but then I read Ebert's review and decided not to go. I'm soo glad I didn't go see it, I would of probably hated it anyways..

I hate remakes.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Has anyone really seen this?

I was going to Friday, but I decided not to after Ebert's review...I was then going to see Kill Bill again...but it didn't work out...I'm gonna see Mystic River tomorrow...hopefully....

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Has anyone really seen this?

I was going to Friday, but I decided not to after Ebert's review...I was then going to see Kill Bill again...but it didn't work out...I'm gonna see Mystic River tomorrow...hopefully....

I actually saw this last night. Honestly, I've never had a real love of the original except for how cool the title was and the tag line, "Who will survive and what will be left of them..." The rest of it was sort of a let down. But I really liked this new one. No heavy Metal soundtrack, BTW. This new one was actually pretty intense and creepy, with a lot of f***ed up characters and some pretty gross carnage. The thing that got me most wasn't Leatherface, it was the sherriff, who was played by the guy from Full Metal Jacket. He should have been the main villain of the film, maybe even just made the movie about him. But I liked this movie for what it was.

Or maybe I just have no taste....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I saw the remake in the theater and let me tell you, I honestly don't know why they even thought about making a remake. Especially like this. I mean, first of all.....the storyline is totally different in the first place (putting aside Leatherface). Everything is different from beggining to end, except maybe a couple scenes here and there that ,may look the same. The original is more scarier and "real" and this new one is just plain ol' glamorized.
Don't waste your hard earned money and seeing this crap, watch the 1974 classic. You'll be glad you did.

The original is more scarier and "real" and this new one is just plain ol' glamorized.
Don't waste your hard earned money and seeing this crap, watch the 1974 classic. You'll be glad you did.

I couldn't disagree more. I loved this movie. The original wasn't scary at all, and I'm still a young teen. I can't believe the original was even considered anywhere near scary. The remake is a definate buy for me. I liked the changes, and thought they did a damn good job of scaring the p*ss out of me. The original=CRAP Remake=AWESOME

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
The original is more scarier and "real" and this new one is just plain ol' glamorized.

I couldn't disagree more. I loved this movie. The original wasn't scary at all, and I'm still a young teen. I can't believe the original was even considered anywhere near scary. The remake is a definate buy for me. I liked the changes, and thought they did a damn good job of scaring the p*ss out of me. The original=CRAP Remake=AWESOME
Hold on a second, first of you said this remake was crap, but second of you said it was awesome, so which one do you really choose? Or are you just trying to confuse us?

Sorry, the first paragraph was supposed to have the quote thing beside them. My opinion is the second paragraph, that the remake is awesome, and the original is crap. Sorry about that, it was my first post.

Quite a few of my friends saw this movie already, they said it was awesome. One said it made him literally jump out of his chair while watching it and he continued to shake during the rest of the movie. I'm thinking about seeing this movie next weekend, then I'll give you my opinions of the movie

Signed the very opinionated,
Chris

oh my god this movie scared the crap out of me! and i don't get scared when watching horror movies. the last time i can remember being slightly scared was when the first scream movie came out and i was like 14. this movie made me jump out of my seat a few different times and my girlfriend nearly squeezed my damn hand off. i thought it was fantastic.

Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly
oh my god this movie scared the crap out of me! and i don't get scared when watching horror movies. the last time i can remember being slightly scared was when the first scream movie came out and i was like 14. this movie made me jump out of my seat a few different times and my girlfriend nearly squeezed my damn hand off. i thought it was fantastic.

THANK YOU!!!! Someone finally understands me! I totally loved this movie. God bless you!! (sorry about that last part)
And found he was eating his shoe.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
(sorry about that last part)
Why?

I think, younger folks (or people that never saw the original) are gonna like this film. reasons being it is a new horror film. You have to agree with me here when I say horror flicks as of the few years past have really been lacking in the whole SCARE area and lean more toward the whole GROSS area.I think also should be mentioned that the films themselves are more crisp now due to advancement in technology. Alot of the gritty/graininess of older movies turn younger folks off because they are used to the new technology, so the remake will also appeal to them. The original was everythinga horror film in the 70's was supposed to be. Dark, grainy, with a whole hell of a lot of "BOO!" factor....

I think the old one wont appeal to alot of todays movie goers (15-23 year olds) because of the fact that to them grainy looks like bad movie production. Not their fault they werent brought up on films made that way. They were brought up all special fx ect....

I love the original. I even have the Original TCM's Theatre poster in my collection. I hated the fact they were remaking. I felt like it was just wrong since there was nothing wrong with the first. I think if they wanted to venture here they should have made a GOOD sequal, which has yet to happen But I watched it. And I can see why some people like it. It falls into the catagory of todays movies. Its alot cleaner film. lots of blood and goo-age. The typical type of horror that todays kids have grown up on. I am alittle upset that they totally changed the movie. So I recommend it (the '74) to all my customers who come in talking about the new one.

On the one hand I say what the hell.. why not leave great alone. I think if they were going to remake it, they chould have picked EITHER a bunch of actors we had never seen before (definately not little mis pricess Beil) or folks SO famous THEY would be worth seeing even if the movie tanked. And they should defiantely had NOT changed it.
REMAKE leads one to believe same story, minor changes new faces... (lol.. leather face-new faces...get it??? ) This is more INSPIRED BY to me. not remake.

On the other hand. as a fan of the first one I am glad they made this one because it has rekindled an interest in an old film I have long loved, that this younger generation would not be coming in and renting now had they not seen the new one and wondered "whats the first one about."

SUMMARY:
not that great of a movie, but see it if you have never seen the first. Then run out and rent the second. If for no other reason then to pay your respects to the movie genious that is Tobe Hooper.

whoa, i love movies just as much as the next movie goer, and yes there are films that are classics and shouldn't be remade, but Texas Chainsaw isn't one of them. The first movie was great sure, pure entertainment, but thats it! As for the remake. It was meant to make ppl jump out of they're seats, and have a genuinly good time at the movies. They coulda put a clown mask on leather face and take away the chainsaws and it would have the same effect.

This movie scared the bejusus out of me, I don't care what you say. I'm 14 and I've never been more scared in my life. The original was good, but nowhere near as scary for me. As for picture quality, tha tdoesn't affect my likeing of movies. I watch them because I want to be entertained. Although I am glad they are rereleasing Alien in better format. I've never seen it but it looks scary as crap. (not that "crap" is scary or anything)