Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I had a dream about A Scanner Darkly the other day, but it was a totally different movie.
Do tell, and make sure you let HK know as well.

I don't remember much, like I can remember images but I can't really describe it. There were these weird fetus creatures.

Make a better place

This film is amazing in every way. Story is fantastic and magical. Acting is phenomenal, and this is one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. A near perfect film. I highly highly reccomend it.

I have this movie for a while now, haven't watched it yet

after your review, it's definitely going to be the next movie I watch

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Alien (1979)

one more step in correcting all the unforgivable gaps I have in classics! What did I do with the last 23 years???

This one is the perfect horror movie. It has excelent pacing, the tension is built really well, there's a constant claustrophobic sense that is pretty scary... I think I won't sleep tonight!

9/10

Edit: I had rated 10/10, but after watching Blade Runner, I have to adjust it!

Triangle (2009)

This was on my watchlist for a while; I heard good things from other members but I was still skeptical. Me and wifey were both tired and could've fallen asleep within 5 minutes if it wasn't any good, but it was very good. Most horry movies seem to go for creepy or violent; this movie does both very well. There may well be minor problems with the plot, but I'm not sure; I didn't try to overanalyze-I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. If there was any attempt at humor, this movie could've been a disaster. It takes itself completely seriously and it ends up working really well. Wifey liked it a lot too. A must see for horror fans.

The Replacements 7 of 10 - I used to watch this movie all the time during therapy, its one those feel good movies for me no matter how many times it come on.

National Treasure 8 of 10 - Pretty much, anything with my man Nick Cage is a good movie. I really like this one because of the mystery and conspiracy behind it the story.

Alien (1979)

one more step in correcting all the unforgivable gaps I have in classics! What did I do with the last 23 years???

This one is the perfect horror movie. It has excelent pacing, the tension is built really well, there's a constant claustrophobic sense that is pretty scary... I think I won't sleep tonight!

10/10
after seeing Emily Rose in college, I retired from watching scary movies...

But the rating doesn't fit with the film being "impressive," as Cricket called it - right before giving it a

I would never describe something as "impressive" if I consider it to be only average.
Honeykid understands how I try to do it

-Viridiana, The Exterminating Angel-movies that are very well made and well acted that I have a little bit of interest and enjoyment in, but I wouldn't watch again. I may think that I would like to try more from the director. Also, a movie like Lucy (2013) that I enjoyed the whole way through despite it's flaws and I don't care whatever else the director did.

-La Notte, The Mirror-again, well made and acted(impressive), but very minimal personal interest or enjoyment on my part. Also, Identity Thief-minimal enjoyment and not very good, but easy to sit through and a few laughs.

Fiddler on the Roof-Very well made but now very difficult to sit through-a chore to watch, no personal enjoyment. Also, Big Bad Wolves, very minimal enjoyment, things I disliked about it, but not difficult to watch.

or less=bad, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, Run Bitch Run

I really have to like the movie enough to watch it again; Sense and Sensibility and The Last Tango in Paris-very well made movies that I also enjoyed. Also, The Purge 2, nothing great about the acting or technical aspects, but a lot of fun to watch.

Very, very good, possible future favorite on the right day-Lone Survivor, Caberet, Miller's Crossing.

Awesome movie, one of my favorites of the year-The Children's Hour, Sorceror, Friendly Persuasion

In my top 200, probably just outside of the top 75-The Omen, Breakfast at Tiffany's, First Blood

My top 75, but still with variables-E.T. and The Wizard of Oz-childhood favorites that I still think are brilliant, but my tastes have changed, and I may want to rewatch what I consider lesser films. War and Peace and Raging Bull-The most impressive movies I've seen on many levels, I got a lot out of them, masterpieces, still not my first choices to watch again. Goodfellas, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Psycho-favorites that I can watch over and over again. Goodfellas 100/100, Psycho 98/100, Robin Hood 95/100.

Giving around 75 movies
may seem like a lot, but out of around 3000 movies it's a very small percentage. I like the way Mark rates and try to follow his system somewhat, except I'm a little more generous. Part of this could be because he watches more movies, watches more bad movies, and maybe I'm just a generous kind of guy.

Trying to be fair and give movies points for being quality, and then tacking on points based on my personal enjoyment.

Ballast (2008)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Finished here. It's been fun.

3 Women

Stellar film from Altman. Great performances from all involved, and I loved the film's eerie atmosphere. Bergman's Persona is a huge influence here, and while that film is superior(obviously) 3 Women is damn good as well. I love the way Altman uses his camera and how he always seems to get great performances from his actors. This is my 4th film from him,but its certainly not the last. Looking forward to checking out moar.

Persona might have the slight edge, but both films are basically equal to me and in my top ten. Glad you liked it, Lucas.

after seeing Emily Rose in college, I retired from watching scary movies...
The Exorcism of Emily Rose? I haven't seen that, but I avoided it. No matter why you stopped watching -- it scared you or it just sucked -- DON'T let that movie stop you from watching scary movies. Oh, Hell no. There are so many other better scary movies.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Three Ages

Quite good. Buster Keaton was a true innovator, and its always interesting to see how he subverts a simple story(guy falling in love with a girl) and turns it into something clever and audacious. The stuntwork and visual effects are top-notch, and the costuming is of high-caliber as well. I don't think its one of his more brilliant works, but it does get the job done. A neat,fun ride worth taking.

The Rover (2014)

The best way I can describe this film is a cross between Max Max and The Road. As always, Guy Pearce was brilliant, and despite my hatred of the Twilight films and his appearance in them, I actually think Robert Pattinson put in a great performance as well. A powerful and impressive drama, the backdrop of which could be an accurate prediction of things to come...

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I think Patterson did a great job as well. I'm curious to see him in other films (besides Twilight) to see what he can do.

There were times that I thought he might be overdoing it a bit, but as I said in my review, I think it was just in comparison to Pearce's stony silence. I've seen it twice now and I admired Patterson even more the second time.

I thought Animal Kingdom was great and The Rover is even better. Definitely my top 2014 movie.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Do you mind expressing some thoughts on the movie? It doesn't seem like a lot of people have seen it and it's one of my favorites.

I know you rated it, but everyone rates movies so differently and one person's 3 popcorn varies so much from another's 3 popcorn that I don't pay attention to ratings at all anymore.

Do you mind expressing some thoughts on the movie? It doesn't seem like a lot of people have seen it and it's one of my favorites.

I know you rated it, but everyone rates movies so differently and one person's 3 popcorn varies so much from another's 3 popcorn that I don't pay attention to ratings at all anymore.
I'm sorry, my English is very limited
Good indie drama, a film that rewards patience. I hope to see more of Lance Hammer's work...