Nausicaa: DVD & Blu-Ray Collection

Tools    

Six new additions to the collection:

Day of the Dead - Region Free(Britain) - Finally completed the Romero Dead trilogy on Blu-ray with this steelbook edition of Day of the Dead. Had the other two for a while but put them into the photo too. I have Land of the Dead also but on DVD, don't like it enough to upgrade to blu-ray. Not bothered about Diary or Survival to own them.

This Is England - Region B(Britain) - Another steelbook, was released this week. My favourite film from director Shane Meadows.

We Are The Best! - Region 2(Britain) - For some reason this is only getting a DVD release here in Britain... It's coming out on blu-ray in America in a few months time though with better artwork.

A Long Way Down - Region 2(Britain) - Another one that just came out on DVD only...

The Hooligan Factory - Region Free(Britain) - Comes with a slipcover with embossed titles. If you like and know your hooligan films this is a rather funny spoof with some nice cameos.

Special ID - Region Free(Britain)

My blu-ray and DVD additions over the last few weeks/month:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Region Free(Britain) - 2 disc edition steelbook that was a Zavvi exclusive here in Britain, it arrived with no damage thankfully as it went out of print before release date.

The Raid 2 - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition exclusive to Entertainment Store, has exclusive artwork by Jock, goes nicely with the first film's steelbook edition.

The Zero Theorem - Region Free(Britain) - With shiny slipcover

The Amazing Spider Man 2 - Region Free(Germany) - 2 disc edition with a clear amaray case and slipcover. I went with the German release because I prefer the artwork.

George Washington - Region A(America) - Criterion edition. The second last of my Criterion order that came through from the 50% off sales.

Stalingrad - Region Free(Britain) - 2 disc edition comes with a clear amaray box and lovely slipcover with embossed title. I was going to get this from America but read there was something dodgy with the subtitles on some translations, so hopefully the British edition is better and I've seen no complaints so far.

Starred Up - Region B(Britain) - With slipcover that has a nice texture to it.

In Their Sleep - Region 2(Britain) - For those who are interested in this French horror/thriller, it's about half the price in HMV compared to the Amazon UK online price.

Last Kind Words - Region B(Germany) - Wanted this film on blu-ray and I think Germany is the only country that sells it in this format, plus comes with a black amaray box and was cheaper than getting it on DVD from America at the time.

Mums' Night Out - Region 2(Britain) - Came in a blue box, fabulous.

Scarface - Region B(Britain) - Part of the HMV exclusive slipcovers series.

Primal Fear - Region Free(America) - 'Hard Evidence Edition'. Got it from America because Britain haven't got a blu-ray release of this.

Sabotage - Region B(Germany) - A lovely steelbook edition

Minuscule: The Valley of the Lost Ants - Region B(France) - Comes with a slipcover and alternative artwork underneath on the amaray box. Adore the original French animated series and was excellent to see them release a full length film animation.

La Reine Margot - Region Free(France) - Digibook edition, finally released on restored blu-ray. The disc holders are awful though, extremely hard to get out of their sleeves inside the digibook that you are worried you are going to scratch the disc trying to get them out, yikes.

Kristy - Region B(Germany) - Couldn't find this out on blu-ray anywhere else and Britain is not getting it until October at the London Film Festival. Comes in a nice black case that goes well with the artwork.

Ink - Region 2(Britain) - Saw a trailer for the director's latest film called The Frame and it looks fantastic, so wanted to check out their first film called Ink.

Homefront - Region B(France) - Wanted the French edition because of superior slipcover artwork and black case.

I Killed My Mother - Region 2(Britain) - Comes with reversible sleeve. Saw this on television once and really liked it but for some reason missed the ending.

Hitman - Region B(France) - 2 disc uncut edition with slipcover, it's the artwork that apparently got banned in a lot of countries, fascinating. France obviously don't have a problem with it.

Tom at the Farm - Region Free(Britain)

Divergent - Region B(France) - I got this one because it's the most gorgeous edition out there, comes with a slipcover that folds out with 3 discs all with separate designs on and some stick on tattoos...

Cinema Paradiso - Region B(Britain) - Found this for a bargin £6 in HMV, comes with a slipcover and fold out section.

Continued:

Bound - Region B(Britain) - 2 disc edition from Arrow Video, comes with reversible sleeve and a clear amaray case. It's a gorgeous edition of my favourite film so far from the Wachowskis. I find it amusing how on the back cover they feel the need to throw in "By turns shocking and funny(and with plenty of lesbian sex scenes thrown in for good measure) Bound is an astoundingly assured debut which oozes style and sensuality"...

The Double - Region B(Britain) - Comes with slipcover. Yikes it took me ages to find a perfect slipcover, nearly all of them had damage that I went into three different HMVs to get one with a good slipcover... that's how much I like my slipcovers.

Cellular - Region B(France) - Another film that's not out on blu-ray here. Comes in a black amaray box.

Breaking Away - Region 2(Britain)

Ace in the Hole - Region A(America) - My last of July's 50% off sale, was surprised to see it come with a slipcover and fold out section as I thought it was just a normal box at the time.

Avis De Mistral/Our Summer in Provence - Region Free(France) - With white amaray box

30 Days of Night - Region 2(Britain) - Been looking for this edition in second hand shops for ages now but they have all been in horrible condtion, found one a few weeks ago with very good condition slipcover, 2 discs and comic and all for only £160!

£160?!?!?!?!?! Surely that's a typo.

I don't care about covers or artwork or any of that at all, (and I hate slipcovers. Given the choice, I'll buy the one without one) however, the cover for Bound does look really good.

^ Waa yes, £1.60! £1.60! I would never pay £160 for one film.

Why did the artwork for The Hitman get banned?
A lot of silly rubbish really. I would never have noticed if a friend hadn't pointed it out to me.

"Ads for the new thriller Hitman show more of co-star Olga Kurylenko than you might expect. In one poster she's wearing a sheer, red-tinted hanky masquerading as a dress. If you look between her legs, you'll see the curve of her right buttock and a small genital bulge."

I figured it must be, but I had to make sure. I know I make jokes about people paying a fiver and getting ripped off (hey, n3wt! ) but at £160 I'd have a whole new stratosphere to play with.

I also agree with you about the cover. Frankly, I think you'd have to be looking for it to see it and, if you are, then it's you and not the photo. I think you see 'worse' than that in celeb magazines and the like, let alone Page 3. Obviously this is just in the UK. But, seriously. Some people just don't have enough to worry about, do they?

The Raid 2 - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition exclusive to Entertainment Store, has exclusive artwork by Jock, goes nicely with the first film's steelbook edition.
This is sick ! omg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I figured it must be, but I had to make sure. I know I make jokes about people paying a fiver and getting ripped off (hey, n3wt! ) but at £160 I'd have a whole new stratosphere to play with.

I had a shock when I saw the £160 to

Some great additions there! I have purchased some of these films on dvd recently. Most of these cases for the BLURAYS are stunning fairplay. I havent even thought about replacing my dvds with BLURAYS, infact I think the idea of it alone would kill off my wife Im not looking forward to moving now as I have to pack away my dvds for the move and I have only just gotten them how I want them

I havent even thought about replacing my dvds with BLURAYS

I really only upgrade ones that are real favourites of mine or the original DVD was terrible quality compared. Most blu-rays I buy I have never owned on DVD.

Lovely recent additions to my collection:

Enemy - Region B(Germany) - A mediabook/digibook limited edition blu-ray. I didn't know at the time I ordered it but it comes with a bonus blu-ray of a film called Polytechnique by the same director and it's a film I have wanted to see for a while so that was a nice surprise especially when it's not available on DVD or blu-ray here in Britain.

Leviathan - Region A(America) - Germany also have this out on blu-ray but it's apparently not a very good transfer so went for this one. It comes with a double sided cover so you can choose different artwork, I've kept the one above because it's not as messy.

Blackout Total - Region B(France) - Original title in other countries is Walk of Shame. I got it from France because I prefer the slipcover and I find the French title amusing.

Scream Quadrilogy - Region B(Germany) - Comes with a lovely slipcover and a black amaray box underneath. After some trouble ordering this, that was of no fault of mine, I ended up getting this collection for free.

Warehouse 13(series 5) - Region 2 and 4(Britain) - Now have all five series of Warehouse 13 in my collection and this will be the last as they cancelled it. Bla.

Rampage: Capital Punishment - Region B(Germany) - I enjoyed the first Rampage film so looking forwards to the sequel, Uwe Boll actually made a decent film with the first film, so hope it continues with this sequel.

Patrick - Region B(Germany) - Australian remake of the original 70s film also from Australia. Never seen the original and don't like what I've seen of it but quite enjoyed this one.

The Last Days on Mars - Region B(France) - Comes with lovely slipcover artwork. I think it's only out on DVD here and the reason I went for the French blu-ray.

Love Is The Perfect Crime - Region Free(France) - Comes with a white amaray box. Don't believe it's out in Britain or America yet.

Maps To The Stars - Region B(France) - With a black amaray box.

Silent Hill - Region B(France) - According to the director of the film this edition from France is the best blu-ray transfer of the film out there, so naturally went for it. Would have liked the slipcover edition but it's out of print apparently.

Haunt - Region B(Germany) - Not out on blu-ray anywhere else at the moment so went for the German release.

The Homesman - Region B(France) - With slipcover. It's not out here until the end of November and wanted to see it earlier.

Ghost World - Region B(Germany) - Been waiting for a blu-ray release of this for ages and finally somewhere got it.

Frank - Region B(Britain) - I was a bit annoyed because after I got this I found out HMV were selling an exclusive slipcover edition...

Out Of The Furnace - Region B(France) - Don't like the new 'Purple digital corner' banner they are putting on a lot of blu-ray slipcovers here in Britain now so went for the slipcover edition from France.

I'll Follow You Down - Region A(America)

Fragile - Region B(Germany) - With clear amaray case. Another one where I think it's only available on blu-ray in Germany.

Fed Up - Region A(America)

[/color][/b]

The 'Burbs - Region B(Britain) - With clear amaray case. This wonderful film has finally been released on blu-ray, yet to watch it but the quality is suppose to be excellent. Britain also have a steelbook edition but not that keen on it so went for this one with the interesting artwork. It comes with alternative artwork that is the same as the steelbook artwork.

Colombiana - Region B(France) - This is suppose to be the theatrical release cut, there is also an unrated cut they released but the director himself said he prefers the theatrical cut so went for this one instead. I've seen the unrated edition and the theatrical cut is definitely the better one.

Wild Beasts - Region B(Germany) - Original title is Breaking The Girls. Was surprised with this film, an excellent straight to DVD film(I think it was straight to DVD), if you like things like the first Wild Things film then you should enjoy this.

Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari - Region B(Britain) - Was released on blu-ray a few weeks ago from the wonderful Masters of Cinema collection, can't wait to watch this new restoration of it. Edition also comes with the DVD and a 44 page booklet. Adore the artwork.

A Day To Kill/Mall - Region B(France) - Combo edition with slipcover. Don't believe it's out anywhere else at the moment.

The latest additions to my collection, starting with three television box sets of some series that I've never seen before and rather enjoying all three:

Raising Hope(series 1) - Region 2(Britain)

Suburgatory(series 1) - Region 2(Britain)

The Middle(series 1) - Region 2(Britain)

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Region Free(America) - Ultimate edition, this was my favourite artwork out of the lot so went for the slipcover edition from America.

The Scribbler - Region B(Germany)

The Purge: Anarchy - Region Free(America) - Comes with a shiny effect slipcover and embossed title on front and spines. Britain are getting a steelbook for anyone interested(both a steelbook for this one, and a steelbook double pack with the first film in). I wanted the slipcover edition to go with my slipcover edition of the first film.

Killers - Region B(Britain)

[/color][/b]
Stage Fright - Region B(Germany) - My favourite artwork is on the Canadian DVD release of this horror musical but I wanted to see this film on blu-ray so went for the second best artwork as I'm not keen on the American release. I don't even think the film is out here in Britain yet.

Camille Claudel 1915 - Region 2(Britain) - For some reason this didn't get a blu-ray release here. An amazing performance from Juliette Binoche in this film. Shame there are no features/extras on the DVD.

House of Cards(series 2) - Region A & B(Britain) - Been waiting for this blu ray set to come down in price to under £20 and it finally did, comes in a nice digipack/foldout packaging.

The Hour of the Lynx - Region 2(Britain) - Another one that hasn't come out on blu-ray here.

Knights of Badassdom - Region B(Germany)

The Calling - Region B(Germany) - Got this as it came out in Germany to buy while it was in cinemas here and turned out cheaper to buy this compared to paying for the cinema tickets and travel costs.

+ rep because I really liked Suburgatory. The first two seasons are really good, the third is farily weak, IMO, and I didn't like the last few episodes at all.

I saw a couple of episodes of Raising Hope. It was OK. I'd have no problem watching it, but I just didn't have the space for it.

^ I stopped watching both of those series some time ago, not because I'm not enjoying but just started with other things and haven't gone back yet. I do prefer Suburgatory so far out of the two.

I'll be putting my latest films buys up here in the next few days - got around 70 films/TV box sets since the last time I posted so going to take a bit of time. Mostly a mixture of what I got over Christmas, my birthday and in the sales after(including the Black Friday sales over in America).

Finally updating what I've added to my collection, will be over a few posts. It's what I've added since about November:

Lucy - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition.

Godzilla - Region Free(Britain) - Steelbook edition of one of my favourite films from last year.

American Horror Story: Coven - Region B(France) - With slipcover, only reason I got it from France was for the red banner at the top instead of the blue banner that Britain got, just thought it looked better and I do believe it was a bit cheaper than British prices.

Sleepy Hollow(series 1) - Region B(France) - With slipcover.

Thief - Region B(Britain) - Comes with a limited edition matt slipcover and the diamond and title are in gloss, makes for a nice effect. The amaray box inside comes with alternative artwork. Can't wait to finally see this film.

Babette's Feast - Region B(Britain)

Mobius - Region A(America) - For some reason it's not out in Britain yet.

The Fall(series 1) - Region B(France) - With slipcover. I waited for it to be released in France because I knew it was going to come with a slipcover, don't like the design on the British release blu-ray. Will also be getting series 2 from France when it's released soon.

Two Days, One Night - Region B(Britain) - Fantastic film!

Kiss Me - Region B(Britain) - Wonderful film from Sweden.

The Babadook - Region B(France) - Called Mister Babadook in France. Really creepy horror film. Comes with a slipcover and a black amaray box under the slipcover. For those interested, America is getting a special edition pop up slipcover and modelled on the red book in the film.

The Rover - Region B(France) - Got it from France because I preferred the slipcover artwork. Adored Robert Pattinson in this film.

Predestination - Region A & B(France) - Comes with a slipcover. Really interesting science fiction film, worth the watch. Sarah Snook was wonderful in this.

Blue Ruin - Region B(France) - With slipcover and a black amaray box.

Stations of the Cross - Region B(Britain)

The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared - Region B(Britain)

Septimo/7th Floor - Region B(Spain) - Bit disappointing as I was expecting something totally different but it ended up going a different way that I found dull.

Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead - Region Free(America) - Collector's edition comes with a lovely slipcover. Thought this sequel was so much better than the first film and funnier.

Rizzoli & Isles(series 4) - Region 2(Britain) - For some reason this series is apparently exclusive to Amazon UK if you want to buy the British editions.

Bates Motel(series 2) - Region B(France) - The British release didn't come with a slipcover and had the awful purple banner on the front, so decided to get it from France instead that did come with a slipcover so it could match my series 1 box set.

The Expendables 3 - Region B(Germany) - Steelbook extended edition with about six extra minutes of footage added back in, think that's the same for all the blu-ray releases around the world.

Criminal Minds(series 9) - Region 2(Britain) - Up to date with all the Criminal Minds series that are out here now, can't wait to catch up with it, I've got series 8 to watch too.

The Keeper of Lost Causes - Region 2(Britain) - Not out on blu-ray here so bought the DVD, DVD comes with a slipcover.

That's all for tonight, will put the rest of my additions up over the next few days.

I've yet to start Sleepy Hollow but have been watching The Fall, yet to start series 2 though.

Here are some more additions to my collection:

We Still Kill The Old Way - Region B(Britain)

Utopia(series 2) - Region 2(Britain) - Really disappointed that they didn't bother to release this on blu-ray like they did with the first series, it's a television series that looks amazing on blu-ray. I'm hoping another country releases it on blu-ray in the future.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition, and yeah I liked this addition to the series!

A Thousand Times Good Night - Region B(Britain)

Tammy - Region Free(Britain) - Extended edition.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Region B(Britain) - 2 disc 40th Anniversary Restoration edition steelbook.

Taken - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition.

The Spectacular Now - Region A(America) - Another film not out here in Britain yet even though it's been out in America for ages.

Rectify(series 1) - Region B(France) - With slipcover.

The Signal - Region B(Germany) - Steelbook edition of the 2014 science fiction film.

The Punisher: War Zone - Region 2(Britain) - Found it for about 40p in a second hand shop with the slipcover.

Penny Dreadful(series 1) - Region B(Britain) - Eva Green!

Odd Thomas - Region B(France) - With a slipcover and black amaray box, lovely.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - Region B(Britain) - Got this deluxe edition in the sales after Christmas and found one with a slipcover, so that was bonus.

Modern Family(series 5) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Region Free(America) - In a gorgeous digibook edition.

Night of the Comet - Region B(Britain) - Comes in a clear amaray case and alternative artwork.

Mindscape - Region 2(Germany)

The November Man - Region A(Britain) - With slipcover.

Mars Attacks - Region B(Germany) - Steelbook edition. It went out of print in Britain so ordered the German release, it's more or less the same artwork.

Mercenaries - Region B(Germany) - A female version of The Expendables series of films but on a very cheap budget, from the company Asylum. I actually had a lot of fun with this film and I love Zoe Bell.

Lost Girl(series 1) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover. Saw this series in the sales and decided to try it and ended up really enjoying this silly television series, so will get the rest on DVD soon.

To continue...