THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

So how bout those various sport teams and what not?
It's an International week in football/soccer, so I've had to watch England instead of proper football. ;(

Stupid internationals.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Blerg.

So how bout those various sport teams and what not?
Well, rough week for my Pack. But luckily they have the Jets to bounce back to next week.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Saying if they didn't want the photos out there they shouldn't have taken them is like telling the victim of a burglary they shouldn't have had all that stuff in their house if they didn't want it stolen. This is nobody's fault but the hackers'.
I'm not saying is their fault! I'm just saying when you're a celebrity and you have photos like that, is not a good idea to save them on iCloud, specially if you think about the amount of leaks on the last couple of years...

They have all the right to enjoy private moments the way they want, but they should be careful!

It's an International week in football/soccer, so I've had to watch England instead of proper football. ;(

Stupid internationals.
Finally someone who thinks like me! I was starting to feel unpatriotic!

Never feel that way for having your fix of proper football deprived you. Especially when the new season has only just started. The only good thing about International Football is that, every two years, there's some decent football on during the summer. That's it. I'd like to see England win the World Cup because I've not seen it happen (not going to, either ) but it's United before England and, usually, the Premier League before the Champion's League. I know we're supposed to be obssessed with the CL but, while it produces some great football and you get to see most of the worlds best players playing every week, I'd rather be win my home league than the CL.

I understand to lower league teams this'll sound like the height of pomposity and everything that's wrong with the entitlement feeling of fans of the top clubs, but I make no apologies for it. You get used to breathing that rarified air.

Well, I prefer to see Premier League before Portuguese League and Champions League, too (well, not counting the matches of FC Porto, of course)... The only teams I refuse to watch are City and Chelsea (except when Mourinho's there)!

Roy Hodgson is so negative and boring. The problem is they pay to much respect to the opposition, "how are we going to deal with them?" ,"how are we going to contain this player?" etc.

He was complaining that Switzerland has come to soon, he should be being optimistic and not acting as if they are scared. Look at Rodgers at Liverpool, always positive and always speaks like his team are favourites, they go out and attack teams. Hodgson tries to play 0-0 and then aims to 'nick a goal', why try and win 1-0 against a team like Italy? Why not try and win 4-0?

That's not to mention his actual style of football and tactics. Pressing is non existent, and so is fast pacing. The accommodation of Wayne Rooney also means getting less out of Raheem Sterling, arguably the best English player at the moment.

Rooney needs to be dropped or played up top. That's it. Everyone fit and I wouldn't have him in United's 11 either. But then, I think anyone who's read this thread anytime over the last few years is more than aware of how I feel about Rooney.

I know City and Chelsea get a lot of flack and while City are never going to be my favourite team (as I'm a United fan) I don't hate them any more than I already did. Chelsea don't bother me, either. I have a much bigger problem with Liverpool (naturally) and Arsenal. The only other team I really can't stand is Leeds, but I can just laugh and laugh about that. Hope they never come back. Sadly, City did. But I still remember them hammering QPR 6-0 on the final day of the season they went down and it didn't matter. I cheered/jeered every goal they scored. I've seen us win cups and titles, doubles and a treblie, but there's something different (and it an extremely petty pleasure I assure you) about seeing a team you really hate going down even though they're hammering a team on the final day of the season and seeing grown men in football shirts cry.

Rooney needs to be dropped or played up top. That's it. Everyone fit and I wouldn't have him in United's 11 either. But then, I think anyone who's read this thread anytime over the last few years is more than aware of how I feel about Rooney.

I know City and Chelsea get a lot of flack and while City are never going to be my favourite team (as I'm a United fan) I don't hate them any more than I already did. Chelsea don't bother me, either. I have a much bigger problem with Liverpool (naturally) and Arsenal. The only other team I really can't stand is Leeds, but I can just laugh and laugh about that. Hope they never come back. Sadly, City did. But I still remember them hammering QPR 6-0 on the final day of the season they went down and it didn't matter. I cheered/jeered every goal they scored. I've seen us win cups and titles, doubles and a treblie, but there's something different (and it an extremely petty pleasure I assure you) about seeing a team you really hate going down even though they're hammering a team on the final day of the season and seeing grown men in football shirts cry.
My problem with Chelsea and City is because they are what they are because some corrupt mob guy invested oil money on them... Teams like that, with a lot of money and no history are a cancer in football... In the last 10 years my team has won more titles than the 2 of them combined (including a CL and 2 Euro Leagues) with just a fraction of what they spend in a season!

Teams like that, with a lot of money and no history are a cancer in football
Um, what? Chelsea actually made history, by holding both European cups at the same time. The 'no history' claims used to be mildly humorous back in '06, now they're just boring

In the last 10 years my team has won more titles than the 2 of them combined (including a CL and 2 Euro Leagues) with just a fraction of what they spend in a season!
Which team is your team?

I CLOSE MY EYES ONLY FOR A MOMENT AND THE MOMENT GONE ALL MY DREAMS PASS BEFORE MY EYES A CURIOSITY DUST IN THE WIND ALL THEY ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND

Roy Hodgson is so negative and boring. The problem is they pay to much respect to the opposition, "how are we going to deal with them?" ,"how are we going to contain this player?" etc.

He was complaining that Switzerland has come to soon, he should be being optimistic and not acting as if they are scared. Look at Rodgers at Liverpool, always positive and always speaks like his team are favourites, they go out and attack teams. Hodgson tries to play 0-0 and then aims to 'nick a goal', why try and win 1-0 against a team like Italy? Why not try and win 4-0?

That's not to mention his actual style of football and tactics. Pressing is non existent, and so is fast pacing. The accommodation of Wayne Rooney also means getting less out of Raheem Sterling, arguably the best English player at the moment.
England's ball retention is terrible as well; we have very few playmakers, and we're far too reliant on Rooney, who's been terrible for years, drastically overrated.