Lets Talk Football

Tools    

So how close is Manchester City to Man U? Is it like here and they're in the same city?
I don't mind you being a Man Utd or a City supporter but please don't support Liverpool!

Everton and Liverpool's grounds are less than a mile apart and Manchester's teams are less than 5 miles apart. In the Premier League, apart from the London teams and Swansea which is in Wales, there's only one team from the South of England (Southampton) , all the rest of them are Midlands and North of England.

College Auburn Tigers & Navy Midshipmen

NFL Dallas Cowboys

There's a team called Crystal Palace? That seems a little smarmy.

There's a team called Crystal Palace? That seems a little smarmy.
Haha! Some Premier League players could live in crystal palaces they get paid so much!

That team is named after a massive glass construction built for the Great Exhibition of the mid 1800s
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crystal_Palace"

The People's Republic of Clogher
The best named football club in the world...

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Who needs defenders or mid...If they keep it up they will be hard team to defeat in Championship next year...I'm not even UTD fan but this is really irritating...Best transfer ever,they really needed the striker...

I can't wait to see our team when everyone's fit. It's going to be like Newcastle under Keegan or Spurs with Ardiles. Defenders? We don't need no stinking defenders!

Genuinely interested to see Falcao, though. God only knows what we've got there How's the injury? His desire? Where's he going to play? Maybe we'll sell Rooney to make way.

Looks like Welbeck's not going to Arsenal now, which must come as a relief to Man U fans. Convert him into a centre half and you're golden.

I thought that the Remy to Chelsea deal smacked of taking a good, cheap striker who'd strengthen their rivals out of the market and could say the same about Falcao. Without the cheap part.

Rock me Amadeus!

I'd agree about Falcao were it not that I honestly don't think any other Premier League team was in for him.

I don't know that the Welbeck deal was every happening. Looks like Cleverley's not going to Villa unless he drops his wage demands. Borrini to QPR has collapsed for the same reason, apparently.

Well, well. Looks like the Welbeck deal is actually going ahead - 16mil for ... a squad man when everyone's fit? He's not even a like-for-like for the injured Giroud.

I guess the guy's always had promise and has suffered by being played out of position most of the time. It might be a great signing.

It might be Franny Jeffers all over again.

£16m? £6M, surely.

EDIT: Nope, just gone to a couple of sites and they're saying the same. £16m? Jesus. How could we turn that down? Especially with the spend this summer.

£16m? £6M, surely.

EDIT: Nope, just gone to a couple of sites and they're saying the same. £16m? Jesus. How could we turn that down? Especially with the spend this summer.
The English premium, I suppose. If he was any other nationality I'd say 8mil would be a fair price. The more I think about it, the more I figure it'll be a very interesting signing, especially when Giroud's fit.

He can't play both and keep Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Walcott and Arteta happy.

Unless Ozil and Walcott can become wing backs...

Wasn't 3-5-2 found out in the 90s?

I think 3-5-2 is fine so long as you can play it well. However, as I've said, I'm not convinced that it can work in England because, regardless of what they like to pedal, it's not a possession game in England. It's about the final third.

But Van Gaal's 3-5-2 has hardly seen his side have that much possession, no one passes it quick enough either or creates anything. It has been more effective on the counter attack (v Spain).

But of course it's not all about possession, even though in general it helps it's obviously about how you use it, Rodgers promised tika-taka at Liverpool but we don't really play it at all, some of our stuffs beautiful, but we normally don't have that much possession and just counter attack because of the pace of Sturridge and Sterling, team's can't handle it