Man Bites Dog

→ in
Tools    

I loved Man Bites Dog, its a french movie made by students, its about a camera crew following a serial killer as he commits his violent crimes. On paper he is a monster but somehow the audience likes his character, as if he was normal. It a a black and white french movie directed in 1992. Critics felt they had to relate it to Reservoir Dogs because of the violent disturbing scenes shown in Man Bites Dog and because they both debut in 1992. The movie is not for modern film lovers but if you like classic cinema, i'd recommend this to you.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Man Bites Dog (C'est arrivé près de chez vous) is a Belgian
movie, not French.

I saw the uncut version (I think) in Seattle, it was over the top.

The Future Ed Wood
Most people for some reason do mistake this for a French film

Its a good little film if a bit sickly with the killing of the kids

although I love the part where one of the camera crew is killed.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I am having a nervous breakdance
MAN BITES DOG-THREAD

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by MrMynomics
The movie is not for modern film lovers but if you like classic cinema, i'd recommend this to you.
???

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I'm so glad someone brought up this film, it's been a long-standing favourite of mine, got it on DVD, it's amazing and Belgian!