Who is the last actor to blow you away with their performance?

Tools    

Make a better place

I have to agree with Miss Vicky, Joaquin nailed it in Her
he was just perfect, better than perfect

&

Forest Whitaker in The Experiment

Man, did he blow me away? this was one of the best performances of all time, maybe because I wasn't expecting a GREAT performance from Forest.

does every thread at this forum have to turn into an edward norton circle jerk?
Lets put it to a vote.

Leave the site as MoFo (Movie Forums), or change it to NoFo (Norton Forums).

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I recently saw Robin Williams (this was a few weeks before his tragic death) in One Hour Photo and it blew me away how effortlessly he slipped into the creepy sociopathic character. Great movie, and a truly brilliant performance.

Welcome btw! I like your taste in movies. One performance that blew me away were Edward Norton in American History X, he plays both the evil side and the good side of Derek Vinyard perfectly. And the other performance that blew me away was Robert DeNiro in The King of Comedy. He did not seem like Robert DeNiro AT ALL in this film. He isn't strong or tough or anything, he's weak and he makes tons of mistakes. He did amazing in this role as being politely sinister and obsessive. I see that you like Taxi Driver, so I highly suggest you watch The King of Comedy.
Nice to see some love for De Niro in The King of Comedy...probably my favorite De Niro performance, a movie I never get tired of re-watching.

Lets put it to a vote.

Leave the site as MoFo (Movie Forums), or change it to NoFo (Norton Forums).
ALL IN . THE NOFO

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, it's not exactly a movie...

But Kevin Spacey on the TV series "House of Cards" totally blow me away every single episode!

Joaquin and Edward Norton are nice, but lately I've been warming up to Christian Bale. I'm not talking about Batman Christian Bale, I'm talking about American Psycho, The Machinist and The Fighter Christian Bale. I just saw the Prestige and I was very impressed with him. I'm still amazed at his performance in Empire of the Sun. Dude had talent even back then. Seems very, very serious and dedicated to his craft.

Clémence Poésy in Bruges (2008). I'm obsessed about this beautiful woman.

But for how pathetic they are.
dude on the left delivers a terrific performance. Movie would have been utterly forgettable if it weren't for him.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I loved Waad Mohammad in Wadjda. Also Miriam Hopkins in Trouble in Paradise and Deanie Ip is wonderful in A Simple Life.

Joaquin and Edward Norton are nice, but lately I've been warming up to Christian Bale. I'm not talking about Batman Christian Bale, I'm talking about American Psycho, The Machinist and The Fighter Christian Bale. I just saw the Prestige and I was very impressed with him. I'm still amazed at his performance in Empire of the Sun. Dude had talent even back then. Seems very, very serious and dedicated to his craft.
Bale is incredible. His Performance in American Hustle... Just.. Wow.

Bale is incredible. His Performance in American Hustle... Just.. Wow.
No argument regarding Christian Bale...solid actor...just saw The Fighter...really didn't care for the film, but Bale was brilliant.

DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street
or Johansson in Her

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Tom Hardy in "Locke".
This. Although I only find the film partly successful, Hardy is astounding and goes through a great variety of emotions, all commanding the screen effortlessly. His voice is completely compelling in creating a character who you believe and empathize with although you feel he's too smart to be in the situation he is. The movie may be too small and gimmicky to get Academy recognition, but Hardy easily deserves a Best Actor nod as of now.