Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Movie In a Series

Tools    

The Expendables trilogy is eligible now that it's three movies. The first one is honestly my least favorite, not bad but it just lacks something. 2 and 3 IMO are better and while it's disappointing 3 is PG-13, it wasn't bad.

Here's a big update, having seen some of these series in their entirity since I first posted this and also updating some of my picks:

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace

Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade. Still love it though, just enjoy the others more, though this one and Crystal Skull tend to swap for me.

Lord of The Rings - Haven't seen any so far, believe it or not.

Alien - Alien Vs. Predator

Predator - Alien Vs. Predator

Terminator - Rise Of The Machines

RoboCop - RoboCop 3

Star Trek - I've only seen First Contact and liked it.

James Bond - Don't remember which I've seen, so abstain for now.

Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park III

Batman - Batman & Robin

Superman - Only seen Man Of Steel, which I liked a lot.

X-Men - The Last Stand

Spider-Man - Spider-Man 3.

Marvel Cinematic Universe (overall) - Like them all a lot and have a hard time picking a least favorite. I suppose Iron Man 3.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1 - Tough choice. I suppose Thor, but I still like it.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 - Probably Iron Man 3.

Iron Man - Probably 3, but I still like it a lot.

Captain America - The 1990 movie is the only real option. Both the MCU Cap films as well as both of The Avengers movies are amazing.

Hulk - Haven't seen the 2003 movie but saw the 2008 reboot and both of The Avengers, both are great.

Thor - Liked them all. Probably the original the least, but it's still very good.

Transformers - Original. At least the sequels were dumb fun in a way, the original to me was just dumb and boring.

Rambo - Rambo III (still love it).

Rocky - Haven't seen any, so abstain for now.

The Godfather - Been so long since I last watched any I can't fairly say.

Die Hard - A Good Day To Die Hard.

Lethal Weapon - Probably Lethal Weapon 3, though it's still pretty good.

Back To The Future - 3, but I still like it.

Planet Of The Apes - Only seen Rise/Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes and loved both.

The Fast And The Furious - The first. Just find it kinda forgettable.

The Expendables - The original, in all honesty. Not bad, but it doesn't fully utilze the concept, IMO.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Probably the third, though I don't think it's horrible.

Godzilla - Been too long since I watched the older one, need to go through them again. The recent 2014 film is definitely not the worst.

King Kong - See Godzilla.

Star Wars' Episode 1 was the worst.

Superman
Spider Man

Because there are series that all of the films are actually good, I'll put a rating so it wont get associated with truly weak films.

Jurassic - the third film. 5/10

X-Men - the first solo of wolverine. 5/10

Harry Potter - the fifth one. 6.5/10

Terminator - the latest and fourth. Both 4/10

The Matrix - the last one. 5/10

Shrek - the third one. 4/10

Dark Knight Trilogy- Batman Begins. 7/10

Cornetto Trilogy - The World Ends. 7.5/10

Chronicles of Narnia - every single one. No need to rate.

The Hobbit - the last one. 6/10

The Hunger Games - Mockingjay pt 1. 6/10

Transformer - hahaha, is there any term for weaker than weakest. Not recommending to watch any.

Twilight - same goes to this series.

Divergent - and this.

Toy Story - the second one. 7.5/10

Iron Man - have watched only the first, not planning to watch others.

Mad Max - have watched only the latest.

Spiderman - Amazing Spiderman pt 1. 6.5/10

LOTR - have watched it, though thousands of years ago, gonna rewatch it.

Die Hard - the latest one. 4/10

Mission Impossible - Havent watched any (HWA), not planning too.

Bourne - HWA, not planning too

Paranormal Activity - only the first one is decent. Dont watch the others.

Insidious - same.

Jaws - HWA, not planning too

Pirates of the Caribbean - dunno, though I have watched all. Can't remember the titles, insignificant and forgetable and seems to have the same kind of plot, imo.

Fast and Furious - I'll never watch this series about tires.

Back to the Future - 6/10

Star Wars - HWA (gonna find out if I would like the upcoming movie)

Star Trek - have watched only the reboot (too tiring to watch the older once, so many films)

Indiana Jones - crystal skull. 6/10

Star Wars
Episodes I and II

Indiana Jones
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, ofc

Alien
Alien: Resurrection (Alien 3 is way better)

Terminator
Salvation or Genisys

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3

Batman
Batman & Robin

Superman
Superman IV

Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Transformers
I only like the first one

Rocky
Rocky V

The Godfather
The Godfather part. III

Die Hard
4 & 5

Back To The Future
BTTF III, just least favourite

Planet Of The Apes
Tim Burton's version.

The Force Awakens is almost here and going by the overwhelming positive response it's so far gotten, it seems very few if any are likely to pick it as a least favorite.

I have to say, as soon as I saw Predator on the list it reminded me how much I dislike every Predator sequel. The main reason: They completely take out the Predator's characteristics.

What made Predator so exciting and unique, at least to me, is the elusiveness he weaves together with his hunting techniques. He would watch, from a distance, completely unnoticed until the perfect opportunity came up for him to take somebody out. Literally, a hunter.

In every Predator involved film after the first, he was more of a warrior. He would attack groups of people and throw his patience, along with his 'hunting' intelligence, out the window.

Alien Series
The third one.

Austin Powers Series
The third one.

Back to the Future Series
The third one.

Dark Knight Series
The third one.

The Matrix Series
The third one.

Pirates of the Caribbean Series
The third one.

The Riddick Series
The third one.

Toy Story Series
The third one.

Underworld Series
NOT the third one. I like that one.

Kung Fu Panda 3 being out reminds me of that series, I've yet to see any of them. It's eligible for this now that it's a trilogy.

Kung Fu Panda 3 being out reminds me of that series, I've yet to see any of them. It's eligible for this now that it's a trilogy.
Speaking of Dreamworks...

Ice Age Series
The third one.

Shrek Series
The FOURTH ONE.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Poltergeist - Poltergeist III ( I've never seen the remake and don't have any desire to, but this one is God awful.)
Jaws - Jaws: The Revenge
Alien - Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection, and Alien vs. Predator
Star Trek - Star Trek: Generations
Star Wars - all the prequels
Jurassic Park - The Lost World: Jurassic Park

I'm going take a shot in the proverbial dark here and point the biggest fattest grossest strike against this movie:

The 3 side characters besides Ripley we most wanted to see survive in Aliens are punk'd to death between films, and we have to suffer through a stomach-churningly long scene in which the best one's guts are literally spilled open for Ripley as if to say, "YUP. DEFINITELY DEAD. NEVER COMING BACK. YOU LIKED THIS ONE, RIGHT? DAMN SHAME THERE. SHAME HOW YOUR ACTUAL DAUGHTER'S DEAD AND NOW YOUR SURROGATE DAUGHTER'S DEAD? SUCKS TO BE YOU DOESN'T IT? BY THE WAY WE'RE BASICALLY RECYCLING THE PLOT OF THE FIRST MOVIE FROM HERE ON OUT. GET READY FOR YOUR SEX SCENE."

Poltergeist - Poltergeist III ( I've never seen the remake and don't have any desire to, but this one is God awful.)

You're not missing out by not seeing the remake.