Bend It Like Beckham

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone else seen this yet? I thought it was a great little film, perfect for anybody who is already tired of the usual summer movie fluff. Not that this movie isn't fluff, so to speak, but it does go to show that a coming of age piece where the heroine has to overcome life's obsticles can still be done well and be dumbed down. In this case, the heroine in question is an Indian girl living in England who wants to play soccer, despite her family's insistance that she not to so. Along with her family and soccer, she must also juggle her friendship with a teammate and resolve love issues and prepare for school and her sister's wedding all at once, while trying not to let one mess up the other. Got all that? Some truely funny moments here as well. No doubt the best soccer movie since...umm, Victory!! Go see and enjoy!

yea this movie was great. i never got tired of of it yet.

Name's Charly, the spy!
Yeh its a great little movie & has done huge business world wide. I heard that they wanted to change to the title for its American release because not enough people know who David Beckham is over there.

why change the title becuase ppl dont know bekham? hell i didnt even know until i watched it. um yea....

Name's Charly, the spy!
Originally posted by Matrix
why change the title becuase ppl dont know bekham? hell i didnt even know until i watched it.
Well I'm not sure why but I think it may have had something to do with folks not knowing what bend it like beckham meant....they could have been thinking it was something kinky .

I must become Caligari..!
Originally posted by Miss Parker

Well I'm not sure why but I think it may have had something to do with folks not knowing what bend it like beckham meant....they could have been thinking it was something kinky .

Hmm i wouldnt mind bending it with Keira Knightley

It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Why am I here?
I watched this on some random plane journey it was this or Harry Potter I quite enjoyed it. But then again I was at a very high altitude, and subject to mind crushing air pressure.

Sic Networks

Put me in your pocket...
Since this just came out on video I thought I'd reactivate this thread again.

I absoulutely loved this...it's a nice family movie. I also loved Parminder K. Nagra and Keira Knightley.

i too, saw this on a plane trip. didnt wear the earphones though so i guess i only drifted in and out of watching parts of the movie. from what i could gleen it seemed a lot like 'bring it on.' rich girls being friends and "taking one for the team" and celebrating ethnic diversity and so forth. hmm, maybe i'm coming off as facetious, so i'll get back to ya with what i really think of it if i ever get around to actually seeing it with sound. is it me, or are movies all too easy and tempting to reduce to obvious cliches when just glimpsed briefly without sound?

Put me in your pocket...
I think you should get the headphones next time linespalsy.

No, I didn't think it was like "Bring it On". It made me think a little more of 'Real Women have Curves' in some of the content. Young woman wanting to follow her own dreams, but her traditional parents want her the follow a different path. And the young person trying to balance out life in England (America in Real Women have Curves) with the traditional way of life her family is living.

I really want to see Bend it like Beckham...I've heard really good things about it.