Robin Williams RIP

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't seen Aladdin.

Suspect's Reviews

I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't seen Aladdin.
another Disney classic that I highly respect and appreciate !!! Robin Williams live forever in my heart and in the heart of many cinefiles in the world .

Always gonna respect the man Seeya Robin :'(

Just woke up and heard the news on the radio. Shocking. Always looked forward to seeing him being interviewed he was such an incredible whirlwind of improvised humour - all you could do was sit back and take in his awesome talent. Yet he always had this sweet vulnerability too. When he burst on our screens in Mork and Mindy he was truly like nothing we'd seen before , a transfixing presence that lit up the screen.
A great talent, and very sad news that he felt his life wasn't worth living. Depression is a really awful thing
RIP Robin

In a class all his own. What a tragic loss for the world of film, comedy and most importantly, his family.

The man was gifted, he did what is arguably the hardest thing for someone to do in this world, make millions laugh. He made me laugh, whether it was dressed in drag, acting like a kid stuck in a man's body or taking on a classic literary character, Williams always brought something exciting to the role.

Comedians are all smiles and laughter on screen, but behind the door they are apparently the most depressed people around. Owen Wilson tried to kill himself a few years ago. Is this laughter simply a way to mask their true feelings? Whatever it is/was, he's in a better place now. At peace and making a millions more laugh somewhere.

RIP to a comedy legend . It's sad to think that behnd that jovial persona, there was a deep sadness at times at least . Whoever said earlier in this thread that we only really celebrate a celebrities career after they die makes a very good point, because now that i think about it i haven't paid attention to Williams in years but i now realize how much influence he had on my childhood. As a child i loved Jumanji,Hook,Flubber and a comedy that not many people i know are aware of called Father's Day with Billy Crystal.

Now i'm older i'd say his three finest performances are, Good Morning Vietnam, One Hour Photo and Good Will Hunting in that order. I've yet to see Dead Poets Society.

I also feel really bad that i always seem to be the bearer of bad news; celebrity-wise to my mum. I was the one who told her favourite singer (Michael Jackson) one of favourite actors (James Gandolfini) and now her favourite comedian died.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here are a couple of interesting bits of trivia about Robin Williams and the show "Mork and Mindy".

During casting, when asked to take a seat, Robin Willams sat in the chair upside down. Producer Garry Marshall selected him because "He was the only alien to audition."

Many of the gags seen on the show were on-the-spot improvisations by Robin Williams, and later by Williams and Jonathan Winters. The improvisations proved so effective and popular that the series' writers soon included specific sections in the scripts where Williams was allowed to perform freely, marked as "Robin goes off here." If you pay attention to Pam Dawber, you can often see her having difficulty not laughing at the ad libs.

Very sad news. He was extraordinarily talented. I know all comedians seem to go through that "serious actor" phase, with varying results, but I think Robin Williams pulled it off better than anyone else I can think of. He was a chameleon, able to alternate between manic comedic roles and serious fare like Good Will Hunting and One Hour Photo. Depending on the movie, he could be eerily creepy, outrageously funny, or tender and caring. He often had a glint in his eyes that warmed your heart. And his voice work in animation was also stellar, imbuing his drawn characters with his trademark energy and joy.

When you see comedic actors do interviews, you often realize that they aren't that funny without a script or character. But Robin Williams was always hilarious. His brain seemed to operate at warp speed. In a span of thirty seconds, he'd bust out five or six impressions and multiple jokes. At times, it was exhausting just watching him.

In interviews with David Letterman, I've seen him mention battling alcoholism and drug abuse, so clearly he had his demons. For people on the outside, who only see him as this funny, manic, teddy bear of a man, it's hard to compute the idea of him committing suicide. But it's well-known that a lot of comedians, and even people in everyday life, develop a well-honed sense of humor to battle an immense sadness deep within themselves. You know that every time Robin Williams went out in public, people were quoting past lines at him, asking him to tell a joke or make them laugh. If you're battling depression, the notion that you're supposed to be a dancing monkey for the public's enjoyment must only exacerbate the issue.

Suicide is a very selfish act, though. No matter how depressed you might be, how alone you may feel, your death is going to affect a lot of people who care for you. It sucks that he didn't reach out to his family and friends and try to get help.

Back when Robin was working on Mrs. Doubtfire, I coached him on how to act like a lady since he was performing as a woman in that movie. We hung out for several weeks and spent many hours on the phone together, chitchatting about the female lifestyle. I was the inspiration for his Mrs. Doubtfire character -- which kind of actually upset me once I finally saw the finished film.

Anyway, we saw less and less of each other through the years. Last time I think was in 2010. It was a good time, though. We ate at Popeye's. Which is funny because he was Popeye in the movie Popeye.

R.I.P. Robin! Love you! You weren't a macho sh!thead at all.

I could not believe that he passed away in such way. He made us laugh and think, but nobody knows that he has such a problems. His demon killed him. RIP Mr Robin Williams.

How dare that forum try to top my Sexy Curse?! We're the ones with the weird coincidences going on! How dare they! We have lost so many and now this second rate psychic goes and predicts Robin Williams' death on a forum and suddenly they think they're hot *****?? I don't think so! Come over here! Paranormal phenomena happens here all the time.

If he hung himself, reports would say he did.
I don't know if they would. Saying it's asphyxiation gives the cause of suicide while also being sort of quiet, sort of vague, sort of good manners about it. It's saying how he did it without being graphic about it. If they said, "HE HUNG HIMSELF!!!" or "HE WRAPPED A BAG OVER HIS HEAD AND SUFFOCATED TO DEATH!!!" -- that's being graphic. That's forcing everyone to visualize how Robin Williams actually went out. While this way... you can pick and choose. You can imagine him hung from the ceiling if you wanna go really morbid, or you can imagine him comfortably lying down on a bed with a bag over his face if you wanna be a little less violent. It all depends on your taste.

I'm sure the tabloids and TMZ and whatever will get all the gory details eventually, if they haven't already. We'll probably find out through sources how exactly he asphyxiated. Of course, some people are already wondering if it was autoerotic asphyxiation, where it's an accidental death that happens while... having an extreme form of fun. That happens anytime a celebrity dies and asphyxiation is determined to be the cause. They say David Carradine was doing it when he died. Even Miss Vicky's favorite, INXS lead singer Michael Hutchence is speculated to have died from that. It was also, strangely enough, the subject of a movie Robin Williams did in 2009 -- World's Greatest Dad. Personally, I doubt Robin was doing that, though. But who knows?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So Sad. RIP, going to honour him by rewatching some of my fav Robin Williams films. Jumanji, Hook, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting.