Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Finally getting to watch this interesting and important documentary.

Fire walk with me.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Final Cut: Ladies and Gentlemen

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I put this on my watchlist after seeing the great rating The Samoan Lawyer gave it. I saw that Nemanja watched it this week and also rated it high-

Onibaba (1964)

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This is the second time I've rented this, so I need to watch it this time. The internet isn't usually prone to hyperbole, so this features some of the best fightwork ever.

This is the second time I've rented this, so I need to watch it this time. The internet isn't usually prone to hyperbole, so this features some of the best fightwork ever.

in my top20 of all-time this movie is D*pe and one of the best action movie ever

Finished here. It's been fun.

Julet and Jim
Love The 400 Blows, so excited to check out Truffaut's other New Wave classic. Its showing later tonight on TCM at 12:00 in case anybody else wants to check it out.

Samsara (2011)

The visuals of this look incredible, watched the trailer earlier and it left my mouth agape. After this (and maybe Baraka), I should also check out Koyaanisqatsi.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Jules and Jim
Love The 400 Blows, so excited to check out Truffaut's other New Wave classic. Its showing later tonight on TCM at 12:00 in case anybody else wants to check it out.

I DVRed "The 400 Blows" earlier today, and my DVR is set for "Jules and Jim" later tonight. I don't think they're my kind of movies, but I've heard so much about them that I want to see what I'm missing.

One of my all time favorites. I don't know how I stumbled across this online years ago. I think it was in 2005 or 2006. Oh yeah that's right, it was after I saw The Bourne Supremacy. I loved the scene where he goes and tells the girl that her mother didn't kill her father and then commit suicide, he killed them. That scene was really cool, I just loved it, and I was so curious about that Russian girl. I wanted to know if she was in any other movies so I looked her up. I finally found out who she was, Oksana Akinshina. And she had done this movie, Lilya 4-ever. When I saw the trailer I was so intrigued and I hunted around for the movie. I couldn't find it online and I couldn't find it at obscure video stores. They said it had never been released so they couldn't get it. I was so bumbed out. But I decided to look on ebay and found it. I figured it was probably just a burned copy but it was better than nothing so I ordered it. Man I was so excited when it arrived. I had built my expectations up pretty high and I was really worried that I was going to be disappointed. Oh boy did this movie ever surpass my expectations and just totally blow me away. It was everything I was hoping it would be and more. My top ten list on this site is really just a handful of my more obscure favorites. But this one hasn't left my real top 10 list since the day I saw it. Sadly the copy that I bought off ebay got destroyed in a flood, so I don't have a physical copy of it anymore. I've probably watched it about a dozen times, but it has been a while since I last watched it. I just suddenly had the urge to watch it again, so I'm just going to watch it online. I like it a bit more than Show Me Love, by the same director, Lukas Moodyson. Equally good in terms of quality, but I think the content of Lilya 4-ever is much stronger.