The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Oh The Jerk better show up. Greatest comedy of all time. I know you MoFos take your movies seriously but you have to laugh once in a while.

Our final 54 (no order)
If your list is correct, then only twelve more of my picks will make the cut. And that will make me very sad for some of those not listed - especially one that was in my top ten.

Also, if you're right what about...

Last Tango in Paris
Deliverance
Carrie
Enter The Dragon

I would have expected them all to make the list beforehand, maybe they won't.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My list is probably about 92% correct.

I'm hoping for a Wonka upset, but once Serpico showed, I pretty much gave up hope on it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Last Tango in Paris
Deliverance
Carrie
Enter The Dragon

I haven't heard much chatter about the four, aside from a few people liking Enter the Dragon. I know Skepsis likes Carrie, but he's really the only one I've heard talk about it.

I must have slept through the 70s I haven't seen either movie.

Well, I might have seen bits of Serpico on TV...Both films sound intriquing, so I'll watch them some day.

If your list is correct all 25 of mine make the cut with the majority making the top half. Then it turns out MoFo tastes are just as mainstream as me and I am not the odd ball I thought I was.

Awwww. You guys are cute, with your guessing.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Another of the films from my list and one that I doubt is a surprise to some of you. Picnic At Hanging Rock was #13 on my list. A magical, ethereal film which creates the most wonderful atmosphere which gently envelopes you in the mystery of the missing girls. Also, for any Neighbours fans, Mrs. Mangel's in it.

Last Tango in Paris
Deliverance
Carrie
Enter The Dragon

Please, Carrie is a top 40 film, if not 30.

I love Picnic at Hanging Rock, it was #4 on my list. The stifling, creepy mood of it is almost overwhelming, until you feel like one of the characters and start to lose it. In a good way! I'm really happy to see it this high on the list, because I was starting to get worried that it wouldn't show up at all. I recently bought the Criterion edition and it came with the book, so I'm excited to read that as well.

I wanted to like SERPICO... but I didn't. I found it incredibly boring and lackluster... I can't believe people like it... I CAN believe Miss Vicky liked it, unfortunately.

However, I think it's a more important film than BADLANDS... but I would probably rather watch BADLANDS.

Serpico, both Lumet's film and the power of the true story, were big enough that it was turned into a TV series in 1976, starring David Birney. It only aired for half a season on NBC. I don't ever remember seeing it as a kid, though if I had I could have easily mistaken it for a "Baretta". But I did see the TV movie that served as its pilot episode, just in the past couple years. Eh, not horrible, for American network TV of the time. But it just made me want to rewatch Lumet and Pacino (which I did).

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	serpico TV.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	16600  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Can't say I love Picnic.

Haven't seen Serpico.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Originally Posted by rauldc14
Eraserhead
Oh, God. You mean David Lynch was around in the '70s?

El Topo

Which sadly means, no Wonka.
Jodorowsky's El Topo makes it over Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory??

Patience, Raul.