Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

Well that can't be right.
it's right it's damn right ! The Best Wrestler In The Whole World

I watched Imposter and Milius lately and they were both great.
Fire walk with me.

Rewatched this movie. Awesome little flick about the popularity of midnight movie hits. Wanted to rewatch this because when I first saw this, I had only seen 3 of the 6 movies talked about. Now I have seen 5. Only one I have not seen is Harder they Come.

Movies discussed are:

El Topo: The first Midnight Movie hit.

Night of the Living Dead: Not originally a midnight movie, but it eventually became one.

Pink Flamingos: About the Filthiest people alive... and delivers

The Harder They Come: Jamaican Reggae action flick

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: The gender bending musical celebrating B movies and sci-fi.

Eraserhead: David Lynch mind trip.

One of my favorite documentaries on History Channel came from the BBC....

After watching the first 2 episodes, I went and bought the book and kept up with Melvyn Bragg for the duration of the documentary. One of my co-workers at the time said "That must be the most boringest books ever!" No, it actually wasn't.

I rather enjoyed Heckler. Very interesting. It starts with famous comedians telling their heckler stories but then starts to talk about censorship and critique in ways that really opened my eyes. I highly recommend it

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw this. Most excellent, gave me great insight into some of my favorite music. A must watch for all music fans.

Life Itself

Intimate, affectionate, insightful and brutally honest.
I saw it recently too, pretty good film.

I certainly recommend the book, Easy Riders, Raging Bulls.
Agreed.

Some docs I've seen recently. They're not great (I tend to use this thread as recently viewed and recommended documentaries) but they're good and might interest some of you.

Crocodile in the Yangtze

Trouble the Water

Particle Fever
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

As a fan of the sub-genre of documentary dealing with fundamentally broken people who channel their psychological/mental disorders through obsessive enthusiasm (sometimes called "fandom docs"), I wholeheartedly recommend I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW (2008). The film tells parallel stories about two men who are fixated on the 80s pop star Tiffany.

Particle fever.