DerekVinyard's Top 50 Best Movie Of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Really diggin this list man, there are some superb films here. Keep it up.

48. Let The Right One In (Morse) (2008)
Tomas Alfredson

''I'm 12. But I've been twelve for a long time''

-Another awesome flick that I really appreciate. Certainly one of the best vampire movie ever made... The relationship between Oskar and Eli during all the 115min of the movie is purely beautiful and the ending is one of the best i've seen in the 2000's. The acting of the two young swedish actors is very powerful and amazing. I also love the directing from Alfredson for a vampire movie it's really well done .

Soundtrack:
That's a good one that I don't often see mentioned in these parts.

That's a good one that I don't often see mentioned in these parts.
My favorite movie from Sweden also my favorite ''Vampire'' movie

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My favorite movie from Sweden also my favorite ''Vampire'' movie
Have you seen any Bergman?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

41. No Country For Old Men (2007)
The Cohen Brothers

''I think you do. So this is what I'll offer: you bring me the money and I'll let her go. Otherwise she's accountable, the same as you. That's the best deal you're going to get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't''

- This movie is a blast and another masterpiece by The Cohen Brothers. The storyline is absolutely perfect with many great characters and amazing scenes. The mood during all the 122min is also a very good factor for my appreciaton, I find it very calm and slow but incredible impressive and effective. The ending is one of the best ever in my opinion and defined this movie a glorious masterpiece.

Soundtrack :

40. Shutter Island (2010)
Martin Scorsese

''which would be worse to live as a monster or die as a good man?''

- Another Martin Scorsese movie that I highly appreciate, I very like the mood and the atmosphere of this movie.... it's calm and silent but very captivating like many ''Scorsese'' movie. DiCaprio is once again more than excellent in this thriller and Ruffalo play very well his assistant. The storyline is great and the plot/twist at the end is unpredictable and well crafted.

Soundtrack :

This is a great mainstream list. Reminds me of my list when I joined here.
I don't find Primal Fear , Let The Right One In and 25th hour mainstream but it's your opinion and I respect it

I'm in the minority but Shutter Island was a dissapointment for me. The movie looks great and the performances are great, but I saw the ending coming a mile away and I felt no tension.

But you have Fanny and Alexander, Persona and Seventh Seal crossed off your lists .

Some great picks recently the only one i don't like is No Country For Old Men.

I'm in the minority but Shutter Island was a dissapointment for me. The movie looks great and the performances are great, but I saw the ending coming a mile away and I felt no tension.
my friend too didn't really like it when I see it at the cinema in 2010 but for me it was a blast the performance and the atmosphere of the movie was awesome !

But you have Fanny and Alexander, Persona and Seventh Seal crossed off your lists .

Some great picks recently the only one i don't like is No Country For Old Men.
all of them are on my watchlist quite a long time and look forward to see them in the next three months !

what you didn't like in ''No Country For Old Men'' I'm curious ?

all of them are on my watchlist quite a long time and look forward to see them in the next three months !

what you didn't like in ''No Country For Old Men'' I'm curious ?
So do you cross off movies you're going to watch in the future?

I'm not exactly sure, No Country is the sort of movie i'd love. I've watched it twice and the first time it just didn't do anything for me, the second time i was bored out of my skull and nearly switched it off half way through. I think it's one of the few movies i disagree with the majority of the site on.

my friend too didn't really like it when I see it at the cinema in 2010 but for me it was a blast the performance and the atmosphere of the movie was awesome !
The atmosphere was awesome, nobody can deny that.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I don't find Primal Fear , Let The Right One In and 25th hour mainstream but it's your opinion and I respect it
The middle one is certainly less so, but I don't know what else to call a multimillion dollar Hollywood production starring Richard Gere and complete with an Oscar nomination but mainstream, nimo. Though that's not important anyways, I've got the feeling I'm on somebody's ignore list anyways