Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'll buy that Altman flipped the bird at a certain broad definition of conventional "Hollywood" picture, but then "Hollywood" seems to have survived Altman's snubs and even thrives on selectively appropriating iconoclastic techniques once in a while. Whether enjoying an Altman (or whoever) film entails picking a side and furthering the snub is an assertion I have more of a problem with, but mark didn't go there so no biggie.

I hated this movie. The only reason I watched it was because we couldn't get into Lucy
Yeah, I've had dates like that, too.

lol sadly not a date. me and my friend were trying to get to see Lucy and we couldn't and we were already at the theater so we "had" to see Hercules
Fire walk with me.

The most recent movie I have seen is Tammy. I am a huge Melissa McCarthy fan. I am a huge fan of Bridesmaids, Identity Thief and The Heat. Tammy was very funny to me. It had a interesting spin to it. Although it was nice as hilarious as Bridesmaids, I think she did a great job with this one. I think Melissa does a great job in all the roles she plays in. Tammy was more comical with a twist of romantic and sadness. I don't want to give the movie away but overall I think it is a great movie to see. The overall message in the movie is a great one as well. Hope you enjoy!

Ratings: (Scale 1-10/10 being the highest/best and 1 being the lowest/worst)
Bridesmaids: 9.5
The Heat: 8
Tammy:8.5
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tammy-2014-Movie-Poster-650x963.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	16473  

War and Peace (1966)

For personal entertainment, I wouldn't quite rank this with my all time favorite movies, but to rate it any lower, I feel would be an injustice. This was quite simply the most impressive thing I've ever seen put on film.

It's the most challenging movie I've seen for sure. For one thing, it's over 7 hours long, but it never once dragged for me, and I was never bored. It may have helped that I watched it in multiple sittings, but still, if something doesn't interest you, it doesn't take that long to start watching the clock. Another obstacle is that it's a Russian movie. Now I've been watching and enjoying a lot of foreign films lately, but it's still always easier in your native language, I don't care what anyone else says. There were times when the subtitles were a little difficult to read, either because they were small, or sometimes even a little blurry. Occasionally, I wasn't even sure which character was speaking. This can make the story and characters a little harder to follow. It didn't matter, because even if I started to lose track a little, I was still able to fully enjoy what was happening in the moment. Another thing for me is that I'm not always a big fan of period pieces. I'm not into all those types of costumes and classical music. Again, it didn't matter. The costumes and music were amazing.

I rarely comment on such things, but I loved the lighting in this movie. Some movies seem so bright, even during night time scenes or scenes filmed in a dark room. This movie had a dark tint that I quickly noticed, and it really helped my enjoyment of the film.

The lead actor in this, Sergey Bondarchuk, is also the director, and I really don't know how he did it. When you first see him, he doesn't stand out in any way. However, he has a wonderful way of looking as if he's holding in a great deal of emotion, and when he does let it out, it's all the more powerful for it. The next most important character is Natasha(Lyudmila Saveleva). She's very important in adding the dimension of a love story. This actress is superb, and also conveys emotion very effectively. There's not one single misstep by the entire cast.

Just to watch this movie is awe inspiring. Whether it's a scene inside a mansion, a ballroom, a field, or anywhere else, each shot is full of incredible detail that makes it beautiful to watch. The battle scenes are extremely impressive with their scope; sometimes it seems as though there are thousands of characters onscreen. Yet, there are still the many personal touches inside the battle. There's a scene in the last quarter of the movie set in a burning down Moscow that's just incredible to watch.*

As impressive and beautiful as the film looks, it still contains a lot of emotion and power. These scenes occur all through the movie in relation to the different storylines involving the war, love, and family.

I am flabbergasted that this movie even got made. I've never seen anything of this scope with all of the actors, details, costumes, horses-just everything. I can't imagine a film like this ever being made again.

I don't know anything about the book, or the history portrayed in the film, so I have no idea of it's *accuracy. Either way, I do think the historical factor adds another nice dimension. I would certainly recommend this movie to anyone to at least try, and I actually look forward to watching this monster epic again.*

hahahaha nice one

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Really great write-up cricket. It's just a mind-blowing combination of the gargantuan and the intimate, the tragic and the comic, with bravura technique but always used to advance the characters and story. Words cannot express it.

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

A-. I was wondering if its magic would hold up on a second viewing, and while I still love it, I don't think it surpasses The Royal Tenenbaums as my favorite Wes Anderson movie.

Also watched The Lego Movie two days ago. I give it a B rating. I just expected to like it more.

Allegro Non Troppo (1976)

I liked the premise and some of the humor, but it's really not my kind of movie. It's was ok for me though, I liked it a little more than I thought I would. Being a very short movie helped.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Some Like It Hot -

Forgive me Arthouse Gods. I have failed you.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finished here. It's been fun.
That ending made me say "WHAAAAAT" loudly.
One of the funniest endings ever. I couldn't stop laughing when i first saw it.