The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
I think you might really enjoy it, as the mood is extremely sinister and dark. It feels more akin to something like Mulholland Drive although its not nearly as good obviously.

It's better

More of a horror film, fantastic look at parental abuse and gives a real glimpse of the life of Laura Palmer and the horror she faced. It's a masterpiece

I saw Fire Walk With Me on the big screen not too long ago and it was one hell of an experience. I always liked it but on second viewing I'd consider it one of Lynch's best, maybe within his top three features. Laura's death scene is one of the most horrific, jaw-dropping and somehow beautiful things he's ever filmed.

I just finished Twin Peaks. Someone please comfort me...
Fire walk with me.

That's right Mr. Martini. There is an Easter Bunny
New here and figured this would be a good place for first post, as I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan. They are releasing the entire series on blu-ray?? Be interesting to see how 1990 looks in hi def!

Sometimes I tell myself that (final episode spoilers)
WARNING: "" spoilers below
"agent cooper settled down, got rid of Bob or learned to live with him, and retired from the FBI to become the beloved mayor of Portland, Oregon. That always comforts me no matter how uncomforting the ending to the show is. "Cooper is fine." I say, "He just retired to become the mayor of Portland, that's all!" If only that were true... "]

I have listened to this song for years and have never known it was about Twin Peaks until I watched Fire Walk With Me, at which time I realised I recognized the scream at the beginning of the movie from this song. WARNING: The lyrics have show spoilers in a way.

Just started watching this. My word, it's superb. Love the whole fictional town thing, the feel of it, the cinematography, the quirky characters. Only watched the pilot but I think this may well become my favourite all-time TV series.

Rewatching Twin Peaks. Currently episode 3 of season 1 and I'd completely forgotten about Jerry. I loved Jerry, he's such a dick but with absolutely no pretense that he's anything else... Or, what David Patrick Kelly does best.

Jerry is awesome! I love the Horne brothers, but especially Ben

For me hands down the best actor, and his character is quite possibly the most well-written in the whole series.

With the exception of a couple of episodes, I've not seen this since it was broadcast. I knew someone in the States and phoned them up to find out who killed Laura Palmer. She didn't watch it (or have any idea what I was talking about) so she had to ask around at work and call me the next day. You'll notice that I said called. Pre-www.