Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Also I really don't know what it is about posting pictures but never seems to work for me, I have tried many different sites and they all dont work. I am using Chrome so not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.

Also I really don't know what it is about posting pictures but never seems to work for me, I have tried many different sites and they all dont work. I am using Chrome so not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.
It's an IMDb link. Those never work.

@Chardee MacDennis: I loved the last 20 minutes. I just love every part of this film actually. This film has everything. People who like business talk, emotions, mystery, detective work, stylish night club scenes, drugs, creepiness or an insightful look on "class difference" in their films will all be satisfied!

Mifune is indeed fantastic by the way.

I know it isn't a movie but I've been watching Fargo the television series lately. It's a great show. It eclipses the movie in every way. I had my doubts because I wasn't a fan of the movie, but a definite great television show I'd recommend to all. Runs like a massive movie.

Well yesterday i saw a movie called : movie 43....and it is by far the movie with the most random moments...it doesn't make sense at all but it is hilarious and if you are bored i highly recommend to watch it :P

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Well yesterday i saw a movie called : movie 43....and it is by far the movie with the most random moments...it doesn't make sense at all but it is hilarious and if you are bored i highly recommend to watch it :P

HK Im not the only one who likes this film

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched 'Nightstalker' Last night and it was an ok film, it just had a lot of shaky cam, which I hate with a passion. The shaky cam moments where showing the rage of Richard Ramierez when he was 'Possessed'. I liked it, I just wish it was directed better and didnt have the shaky cam nonsense.

The soundtrack was brutal though fairplay

HK Im not the only one who likes this film
First thing I thought was "Aw. n3wt has a friend" Second thing I thought was "Bloody hell! There's two of 'em!"

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Aviator

I'll admit it starts off a bit shaky, but it becomes a genuinely thrilling,engaging drama about an hour or so in. The cinematography,period setting,costumes,and attention to detail is top-notch as well. Yet even with such lavish visuals, Scorsese manages to effortlessly tell an engaging tale of a man bigger than life itself. I really like Leonaro DiCaprio, but I don't think he's a great,great actor. I think he's merely good, and while towards the beginning I was sort of fearing he might have been miscast. My fears quickly dissolved away as he does give a great performance.

The film is basically 3-hours long, but it doesn't feel tedious so again massive praise goes towards Scorsese. This isn't Top-Tier Scorsese(Goodfellas,Taxi Driver,The King of Comedy), but it is still great Scorsese along the ranks of The Wolf of Wall St. and a personal favorite of mine After Hours.

I rate it
-. It certainly does have some rough-patches but as a whole, it is a great period drama and another valid display of Scorsese's prowess as a filmmaker.

I have no interest in watching The Aviator or even Gangs of New York. Considering Scorsese's an all time great director I am surprised I have no desire to watch those.

The first time I saw The Aviator was quite some time ago. I thought it was OK, but I didn't particularly love it. I rewatched it again after I was a little bit more into cinema, though, and it was A LOT better! I find myself rewatching scenes from it quite often and I think I would love it even more today. It just becomes better and better, the more you understand all the "insiders" about Hollywood's classic era. It's probably my favorite Scorsese film from the 2000s.

Chinatown (1974)

This was the first time I watched Chinatown in its entirety; a film noir classic with solid performances by Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, and director John Huston.

Brimming with rififi!
Sleeper - 3.5/5
Sleeper is a fun Woody Allen flick that is full hilarious satire. The only marring aspect of this film--my opinion, of course--was the slapstick comedy felt a bit contrived. That's not to say that it was executed poorly, it simply felt out of place.

The Prestige - 4.5/5
I had never seen this film before, and I have to say, it may be my new favorite Nolan film. Jackman and Bale both give good performances as rival magicians. The cinematography is as engrossing as it aesthetically pleasing. Overall The Prestige is a mysterious and thrilling film that isn't easy to forget.

I have been watching the short horror films in the "Masters of Horror" and they are pretty much lame...

Tonight's was "Jenifer" directed by Dario Argento. So far, its the worst one...

4/10

The Tenant (1976)

I really liked the first half, even thinking I could potentially love this film at some points. I didn't feel any tension, but I had a strong sense of wondering what would happen next. However, the last 45 minutes were not good for me; I felt it got ridiculous. Even Roman Polanski, who I thought did a good acting job in the first half, went totally downhill. Overall, it was ok for me.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

The Purge: Anarchy
offered little more than the average horror-film in turns of character-development and depth, but it did offer something that has been missing from the genre for a very long time. It was a very fun film in the same breath as some of my favorites from the eighties and nineties. I wrote a more in-depth review on my website.

The first time I saw The Aviator was quite some time ago. I thought it was OK, but I didn't particularly love it. I rewatched it again after I was a little bit more into cinema, though, and it was A LOT better! I find myself rewatching scenes from it quite often and I think I would love it even more today. It just becomes better and better, the more you understand all the "insiders" about Hollywood's classic era. It's probably my favorite Scorsese film from the 2000s.
I hear what you're saying about The Aviator. It scores on:

Giving us a view into Howard Hughes place in the golden age of Hollywood. He's more than just a billionaire. He's legend in the early days of film making.

The movie also gives us a glimpse into the mind of the enigmatic genius that Hughes was and equally shows the viewer how he was saddled with obsessive compulsive disorder. Not an easy thing to show on the screen.

Ultimately The Aviator gives us a window into the soul of the man who has always been a mystery.

Coffy (1973)
What a great film!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Cure

If ambiguity is your bread and butter then Cure is for you. It's not up there with the mind f**k masterpieces like Mulholland Drive or Transformers but it's still pretty great.

I'd like to think I could explain most of it but I'd just be lying to myself. In saying that, I loved it.