What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im very close to sleeping so hopefully I will sleep tonight fingers crossed

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
No, I have never seen this Autopsy series.

While I could probably watch it and I feel a little curious about it... real dead bodies bother me. Years ago, I found this weird magazine and it had pictures of a person's head decaying in a field, and it bothered me for a long time. I lost God. It was too unreal. The head went from looking normal (but dead) to black and tarry with flies and things surrounding it to a perfect skull. It was the ultimate nightmare fuel. I had some leftover pizza at the time and I could not eat it.

Everyone should see death and decay and morbidity sometime, but not all the time. And maybe not a lot.
It doesnt bother me, I have this curiosity of death and dead bodies etc. I have seen relatives who have passed and it has obviously been horrendous seeing them dead but at the sametime at peace. Its hard to explain.

But seeing other people dead has no effect on me whatsoever. I saw a dead body once while out, he was washed up on the river bank and the crime scene people were there and I was more fascinated than anything else.

The Dr Gunther series is real good and I would recommend it to people as it is very informative aswell.

It doesnt bother me, I have this curiosity of death and dead bodies etc. I have seen relatives who have passed and it has obviously been horrendous seeing them dead but at the sametime at peace. Its hard to explain.
Im the same way... it doesnt bother me to look at pictures or videos of such things.... I am a bit morbid anyway.... but some people cant stomach the stuff I have seen... my daughter has a degree in Biology and she loves going into the cadaver lab and looking at the bodies and putting her hands in them to feel the organs... she even enjoys the smell of formaldehyde...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Hoping my roommate will get tired soon, cause nearly half midnight is NOT a good time to yowl along with Radiohead at the top of your lungs. I should NOT have to remind him that more than just him lives here, and yet...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im the same way... it doesnt bother me to look at pictures or videos of such things.... I am a bit morbid anyway.... but some people cant stomach the stuff I have seen... my daughter has a degree in Biology and she loves going into the cadaver lab and looking at the bodies and putting her hands in them to feel the organs... she even enjoys the smell of formaldehyde...
Thats awesome My wife was going to go into crime scene investigation but she went into Midwifery instead as that is more her passion.

Im currently nursing a hangover and a headache. I shouldnt of mixed my drinks last night, vodka and pop... Pop is the devil!

Hope this headache goes soon tho as we are going to a party tonight and as it is a family party there is no getting out of it... So ill be having a few drinks before we go and then keeping away from the horde of family members. Im sure the kids wont mind me hanging around the xbox with them

Thats awesome My wife was going to go into crime scene investigation but she went into Midwifery instead as that is more her passion.

Im currently nursing a hangover and a headache. I shouldnt of mixed my drinks last night, vodka and pop... Pop is the devil!

Hope this headache goes soon tho as we are going to a party tonight and as it is a family party there is no getting out of it... So ill be having a few drinks before we go and then keeping away from the horde of family members. Im sure the kids wont mind me hanging around the xbox with them
Not sure exactly what Midwifery does anymore... but I know in the olden days, they didnt just help with the birthing of a child.. they also helped lay out the body for burial... has it changed much?

Listening to the last few match ups in the song tournament. Why are the last songs almost always the worst?

getting ready for tomorrow... I work unfortunately... I hate working Sundays.... I need a new job

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Not sure exactly what Midwifery does anymore... but I know in the olden days, they didnt just help with the birthing of a child.. they also helped lay out the body for burial... has it changed much?
Midwifes these days have to do pretty much everything from conception, care during and after the birth, help in theatre, give meds, do dressings, all the paperwork as there is so many forms for everything, look after both parents, be a counsellor, be a social worker if there is any sight of drugs/violence. The delivering the baby is the tip of the iceberg. I was shocked at everything they have to do, it is so much more than it was back in the day. There is programs on called 'One Born Every Minute' and midwifes hate it as it makes out in the program everything is great, you sit about chatting and have tea, then the person comes in and gives birth and go off happily ever after. Where in fact they only show about 1% of what actually goes on.

Im currently nursing a bad hangover from that damn party last night

The Adventure Starts Here!
Midwifes these days have to do pretty much everything from conception, care during and after the birth, help in theatre, give meds, do dressings, all the paperwork as there is so many forms for everything, look after both parents, be a counsellor, be a social worker if there is any sight of drugs/violence. The delivering the baby is the tip of the iceberg. I was shocked at everything they have to do, it is so much more than it was back in the day. There is programs on called 'One Born Every Minute' and midwifes hate it as it makes out in the program everything is great, you sit about chatting and have tea, then the person comes in and gives birth and go off happily ever after. Where in fact they only show about 1% of what actually goes on.
I can back this up, and it was true even a few decades ago when I was having my kids. (All four of mine were born at home, three with midwives. Yoda's birth was with a local OB/GYN who still did home births.)

I went to monthly prenatal appointments with my midwife (drove out to her farm), and we discussed everything from nutrition to birth preparedness. She had to know all sorts of things, including enough medical intervention to keep things going smoothly during a normal low-risk birth. And of course, she then came back postpartum to check on me and the baby.

And yes, all that paperwork! Poor Ellen. She really earned her fee many times over, God bless her. I attended a few births with her as a sort of assistant, and I realized just how difficult it is to be the attendant at a birth. I came to the conclusion that I'd rather be the person going through the birth than the midwife.

SO, my hat's off to your wife for her decision!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I can back this up, and it was true even a few decades ago when I was having my kids. (All four of mine were born at home, three with midwives. Yoda's birth was with a local OB/GYN who still did home births.)

I went to monthly prenatal appointments with my midwife (drove out to her farm), and we discussed everything from nutrition to birth preparedness. She had to know all sorts of things, including enough medical intervention to keep things going smoothly during a normal low-risk birth. And of course, she then came back postpartum to check on me and the baby.

And yes, all that paperwork! Poor Ellen. She really earned her fee many times over, God bless her. I attended a few births with her as a sort of assistant, and I realized just how difficult it is to be the attendant at a birth. I came to the conclusion that I'd rather be the person going through the birth than the midwife.

SO, my hat's off to your wife for her decision!
Thankyou Austruck

She loves everything about midwifery and cannot wait to finish the course and be a full time midwife. This time next year she will be qualified and we are all so proud of her

I am currently enjoying a coffee and a restful Sunday

N3wt, I wish your wife the best of luck..

currently watching "Masters of Horror" tv series on hulu... I dont have enough time for a full film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im sat waiting for our food to be delivered and then going to try and get some sleep, which we wont, and then were off at 1am to go to the airport.

N3wt, I wish your wife the best of luck..

same here ! Family is more important than everything

Sitting here watching Newsnight too tired to move. Back in my home city for a few days to see family and have spent the day just me and my nearly 3 year old niece. Amazing how quickly you forget how full on little kids are!
Going to see the giants tomorrow
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-28472379