The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I have not seen The Holy Mountain, but I have seen El Topo. I wonder if that will even make the list...
I think so, because more people seem to have seen it over The Holy Mountain. I'm obviously a fan

The Holy Mountain is the first from my list! Best description I've heard is that it's a blitzkrieg of imagery. One of the weirdest films I've ever seen, #23 on my list... I thought that it had a chance to miss out. Haven't seen El Topo. Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, on the other hand, I'm not the biggest fan of. I love the cinematography, but compared to Straw Dogs The violence, and really everything feels more pointless. None the less I'm happy with today's set.

Donnie I could have sworn you rated The Holy Mountain
a while ago in the Movie Tab thread. Was that not you?
Nope:

The Conformist

Some good watches recently:
21 Up (Apted, 1977)-

Mi Amigo Invisible (Larcuen, 2010) [SHORT]-

Elefante (Larcuen, 2011) [SHORT]-

Fallin Floyd (Hooft & Vink, 2013) [SHORT]-

A Boy and His Dog (L.Q. Jones, 1975)-
-
Death Race 2000 (Bartel, 1975)-

The Holy Mountain (Jodorowsky, 1973)-

The Conformist (Bertolucci, 1970)-

The Double Hour (Capotondi, 2009)-
-

Reading that post I hope The Conformist squeezes in at the bottom of your list Donnie. I was thinking about it making the list actually, and thought, who aside from me and Brother Blue actually loves it around here? You and HitchFan give it good if not spectacular ratings. A little worried now that I think about it

Why delete your post? Everyone can see my quote anyway! We all get things wrong now and again... nobody's perfect (but I, pretty close).

Also, thinking about it, I remember Nemanja had The Conformist in his cover photo, so he must likes it, minor panic over I guess

Why delete your post? Everyone can see my quote anyway! We all get things wrong now and again... nobody's perfect (but I, pretty close).

Also, thinking about it, I remember Nemanja had The Conformist in his cover photo, so he must likes it, minor panic over I guess
I made the post and then immediately after went searching for donnie's Movie Tab post, finding my answer, the post now had no point so I deleted it so as to not bother anyone.

Reading that post I hope The Conformist squeezes in at the bottom of your list Donnie. I was thinking about it making the list actually, and thought, who aside from me and Brother Blue actually loves it around here?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I haven't seen The Holy Mountain but I doubt I would like it.

Bring Me the Head is a good movie. Not one that I ever considered to put on my own list, but really good.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Holy Mountain is awesome!

Not as great as El Topo, though. I hope the latter makes the list as well.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Holy Mountain is the first of mine, surprised, particularly since its quite an elusive film to get hold of here. Have had a lot faith restored in people (though I suppose if any group of people would be likely to rate, this would be it)