Broken Arrow (1996)

→ in
Tools    

Broken Arrow is one of the few John Woo I have seen. I have no problem with him as such I have just not seen many. Broken Arrow for those who have never seen it is the story of two pilots, one of whom ejects two nuclear bombs over the Nevada desert and the signal for a Broken Arrow is sent when they are announced as live and leaking.

The film is cheesy. by the numbers and at times silly but I still love it. It has some wonderful lines in it, some cracking visual effects and one of the funniest death scenes I have seen in a film.

What do you think of it?

Been on telly the past few days... think it's on right now actually.

If you like John Woo you'll like Broken Arrow. Slow Mo walking toward the camera while faux-western music plays... great stuff.

It's fun I guess but not as fun as some other John Woo flicks. Try Face Off that one is fun and Hard Target is hilarious and has that same John Woo cheese factor and of course slow motion and birds. But if you really want to see good John Woo flicks watch his older ones that weren't made in America. Hard Boiled is awesome and action packed and The Killer has a more involved plot. Both have amazing action set pieces, his best was when he was making them in China so I would reccomend those.
Fire walk with me.

Broken arrow was the last good action film from the era of action films .

Next year came TITANIC and the era of action films was over . Romance was back .

I like Broken Arrow. Went and saw it at the cinema way back when. I really liked Woo back then, this was before Face/Off and Windtalkers came and ruined it all. Hard Target, as already said, is silly but quite fun, but it doesn't really feel like a Woo film because it's so restrained. Go to Hard Boiled and The Killer, his masterpiece, for the best Woo action.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
It bored me but I can see how some would enjoy it. Travolta overacts which can be a problem in some movies.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I think the second act really drags, but this still a lot of fun and Travolta's overacting is nothing short of hilarious.

It bored me but I can see how some would enjoy it. Travolta overacts which can be a problem in some movies.
Travolta? Really? That never happens. You'll be telling me Gary Oldman overacts next.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Travolta? Really? That never happens. You'll be telling me Gary Oldman overacts next.
Yeah, but Tavolta's overacting can be so self-conscious.

Can anyone tell me how brilliant is the score from hans zimmer here, i rate the soundtrack very high in the list of hans zimmer movie soundtracks, a genius at work add to that Samantha Mathis have never looked better, a beauty on screen

Broken arrow was the last good action film from the era of action films .

Next year came TITANIC and the era of action films was over . Romance was back .
You forgot The Rock, after those yes the era of action movies was over if u don t wanna count Ronin as an action movie