Things that annoy you...

Tools    

At a restaurant, when the person you are eating with complains about everything/ is rude to your server

Competing for pity, complaint disguised brags, false humility

Being patronized.

ANNNNNND shopping for jeans.

I agree get the snipers in! What gets me is the people texting while driving, like talking on your phone isnt bad enough you are going to take both hands off the wheel and text while using your knees to steady the wheel. Idiots.
The odd thing is, drivers actually pay more attention when texting than they do when talking on the phone. I was really surprised at that, however, I suppose it's possible that because you're aware you're looking away from the road, you pay more attention when you do. As opposed to when talking and assume you're seeing everything in front of you.

Godoggo, it's illegal to do it over here, including at traffic lights. I think that applies to being sat in a stationary car and text/be on the phone, if the keys are in the ignition. You regularly see people do it, though.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Thats shocking I think if you get caught once you should have your license taken away.
I'm not exaggerating that I see a vehicle almost hit a person or a bike nearly once a month and I've come close to being hit several times myself. (And yet I've never come close to hitting anyone said the person who doesn't use their phone and drive.)

Right now the penalty isn't nearly severe enough, but people are pushing for it to be so and it's only a matter of another death due to texting while driving that steeper penalties will go into effect, I think.

It's one of my causes that I am fully behind. I've never had anything tragic related to me because of it but it's just so unnecessary and easily avoidable. People get up in arms about drunk driving (which they should) but somehow see texting and driving as somewhat harmless. I think they should be treated the same.

I seem to remember seeing something about those driving while on the phone paid less attention to the road than a drunk driver. I've not seen the report, so I'm assuming this is legally drunk and not swerving all over the road barely able to keep your eyes open, but still.

The odd thing is, drivers actually pay more attention when texting than they do when talking on the phone. I was really surprised at that, however, I suppose it's possible that because you're aware you're looking away from the road, you pay more attention when you do. As opposed to when talking and assume you're seeing everything in front of you.

Godoggo, it's illegal to do it over here, including at traffic lights. I think that applies to being sat in a stationary car and text/be on the phone, if the keys are in the ignition. You regularly see people do it, though.
I knew it was illegal in a lot of places, but what I meant by cracking down is people were getting let off without a ticket in the past and a lot of warnings were given. That's not usually the case anymore. There have been a lot of vehicle/pedestrian accidents and people are getting tired of it. Plus it looks bad on the school.

People who automatically hate a film based on anything - prior to watching it.

I seem to remember seeing something about those driving while on the phone paid less attention to the road than a drunk driver. I've not seen the report, so I'm assuming this is legally drunk and not swerving all over the road barely able to keep your eyes open, but still.
I've read those same reports. The problem I have with reports is that it's pretty easy to skewer the information one way or another, even if I do happen to agree that one is about as dangerous as the other (depending on the level of intoxication.)

What I do know is that when I am on the phone talking or texting big pink elephants could be dancing an Irish jig right in front of me and it would take me awhile to notice them. I may be less adept at some at focusing on more than one thing, but from what I have observed, I don't think so. I've been behind too many people in too many lines where it takes the combined efforts of many people to bring it to their attention that they are next.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
People who automatically hate a film based on anything - prior to watching it.
Happens a lot on this site.
I hate a film based on the fact I hate it as it is rubbish, but as HK will tell everyone I like all sorts of rubbish films

Oh I understand not wanting to watch a movie for "whatever" reason, but to actually hate it is just weird imo.
Sure hate the director or an actor or just the genre - that can be based on experience.

It is like my five year old telling me he hates brussles sprouts when he had them for the first time recently, he said this just by looking at them. Granted he did hate them after trying them (made him eat 'em anyway) - but he hates any type of food that is green except limes. He would have never known he liked limes if I had not made him try them.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Oh I understand not wanting to watch a movie for "whatever" reason, but to actually hate it is just weird imo.
Sure hate the director or an actor or just the genre - that can be based on experience.

It is like my five year old telling me he hates brussles sprouts when he had them for the first time recently, he said this just by looking at them. Granted he did hate them after trying them (made him eat 'em anyway) - but he hates any type of food that is green except limes. He would have never known he liked limes if I had not made him try them.
This is very true. I tried to explain this to my friend recently as he wouldnt watch a certain film, I forgot the title but I said its a great film. He finally took my advice watched it and he really enjoyed it. The old saying 'Dont judge a book by its cover' came to mind.

This is very true. I tried to explain this to my friend recently as he wouldnt watch a certain film, I forgot the title but I said its a great film. He finally took my advice watched it and he really enjoyed it. The old saying 'Dont judge a book by its cover' came to mind.
I can understand his reluctance. However, you then say he really enjoyed it, so he obviously deserved it. That, or it was a film I like too.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I can understand his reluctance. However, you then say he really enjoyed it, so he obviously deserved it. That, or it was a film I like too.
I will give you that according to some people, manly you that my film choices are "bad" but this was a well liked decent film... Im going to have to ask him what it was now this has been bugging me most of the day