Miss Vicky's Movie Commentaries

→ in
Tools    

I agree that it was wrong and I agree with having been moved to a different school. But I don't think what I did makes me a bad person at all.

It's worrisome. It's worrisome because of what it says about Swan's character. That he took to school something he shouldn't have and was going to use it to hurt a kid. What if Swan had found a way to hurt this kid with the butter knife? That would not be good for the school at all. That would hurt the school.
I'm not saying that what Swan did wasn't "worrisome." I'm saying that it didn't warrant a freak out like he was describing. A calm, rational discussion with him about why he did it and what he intended to do, followed up with a possible visit to a psychologist would've been a more appropriate reaction to possession of a butter knife.

We should bring back the negative rep system and make it so you click on little butter knives to give negative rep. To sort of "stab" the person who made the post you don't like. I think Swan would like that.

I mean, if you try to find me in the real world and stab me with a butter knife because of what I'm saying here in this thread, then yeah, I'd probably think you were a violent person.
You can't blame me for wanting to.

I'm totally kidding.

I'm not saying that what Swan did wasn't "worrisome." I'm saying that it didn't warrant a freak out like he was describing. A calm, rational discussion with him about why he did it and what he intended to do, followed up with a possible visit to a psychologist would've been a more appropriate reaction to possession of a butter knife.
Well, that may be more appropriate, yes. I don't disagree with you there.

The most intelligent post in this whole debate.

It's not that I think the TREATMENT Swan got was right.

It's just that I don't agree that what Swan did was 100% innocent. And that a butter knife is no big deal.

The most intelligent post in this whole debate.
What? More intelligent than the razorsharp insight that a butterknife if the perfect weapon to have to hand when in deadly combat with a butterfly? Surely you jest, sir?

What? More intelligent than the razorsharp insight that a butterknife if the perfect weapon to have to hand when in deadly combat with a butterfly? Surely you jest, sir?
Oh, give me a break. You're just one of those people who thinks everything about America is awful and whenever a school system "overreacts" to a butter knife, why, they're just NOT WITH IT!

Ready ready bo beddy banana fanna fo feddy me my mo meddy ready

I think we should do World's Greatest Dad after it. It's on Netflix. If Miss Vicky wants to, Swan, you should start downloading it.

Well, that's up to her. I think she would enjoy it and it's integral to the whole Robin Williams experience.

I think we should do World's Greatest Dad after it. It's on Netflix. If Miss Vicky wants to, Swan, you should start downloading it.
We'll see how I feel at the end of this one. Not sure I'm up for a double feature.