Dumbo... A Live Action Remake

Tools    

Yup... a live action remake of Disney's Classic Dumbo is in the works.

Hollywood Reporter says “the adaptation of the original movie, adding a unique family story that parallels Dumbo’s story.”

Ehren Kruger will be writing... Kruger was behind the recently panned Transformers films "Age Of Extinction" and "Revenge Of The Fallen" and was behind Scream 3, Scream 4 and the American remakes of Japanese horrors "The Ring" and "The Ring 2".

Disney are also pushing for live action remakes of Cinderella, The Jungle Book and Beauty And The Beast.

Another remake on the horizon is The Rocketeer.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
A remake of 73 year old movie about an elephant who flies by flapping his ears? Even by crappy remake standards this is hitting a new low.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
I wouldn't mind a Jungle Book if it follows the book more closely. I might check out the Beauty and the Beast remake too, though there's no way it's going to top the 1991 version for me.
This is all too true! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite traditionally animated film!

Master of My Domain
- Blade Runner 2
- Ben Hur Remake
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel
- Now this...

Sounds unoriginal, and I doubt it'll capture the charm for kids as well as a cartoon elephant.

I mean would anyone see a Disney movie casting Mickey Mouse as "a live action mouse"?

Looks very slick, aesthetic reminds me of The Greatest Showman, but can't say I'm too impressed at the moment.

I mean, a bunch of human additions in place of Timothy Q Mouse?
No Timothy = Not Dumbo.

Also, it appears that the post-production meeting was:
"Who will we get to sing Baby Mine?"
"How about... we get the most generic voice imaginable, and blanket it with artificial echo and auto-tune"
"Awesome. Now, how about getting rid of Timothy Mouse, and replacing him with humans?"
"Yeah, let's get a child actor in the role. It'll be generic enough to not threaten any of the audience"
"Awesome thinking. Better split the role between 2 kids though, make it a boy and a girl, so we're not being prejudiced toward any particular group"

This might just do nobody any good.
Well, I guess a mini Batman Returns reunion is nice, at the very least.

liked watching the original as a kid. hoping this will be a good one!

used to watch it when i was a child yes, hope it s gonna be a good iteration

Well, I guess a mini Batman Returns reunion is nice, at the very least.
Yeah, it is nice. Keaton and DeVito teaming up with Burton again.

I know this may seem far-fetched, but another Batman movie with Keaton returning as Batman under Burton's direction would be cool. Bruce Wayne/Batman is now old and still seeking to be relevant in the ever-so crumbling society of Gotham. Maybe cast Val Kilmer and George Clooney as villains just so Batman can kick their asses for ruining the original series; not that it was completely their fault, but what the heck?

I'm sick of superhero movies, but I'd watch it.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So it's a movie with a cute baby elephant who flies...let's make it more about the human characters!

I'm sorry, but no. I'd love the hell out of a real live action Dumbo, it'd be adorable. I don't know if I care enough about Colin Farrell...nope, actually i don't.

Dumbo looks wonderful, though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.