Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The last movie I saw was transcendence and is 10/10

Definitely a good movie. Definitely, definitely a good movie.

Just noticed this. Glad to see you liked it . It seems to have had a bit of a backlash over the years, since younger generations have been exposed to the same type of movie over and over again. And if that was the case for me i'd probably think the same. Overall though i just think it's a sweet buddy (or brother) movie with two great performances from the leads, and some touching if a bit melodramatic scenes.

Badlands (1973) 4.5/5
The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976) 4/5 Very original. Fantastic! I would also like to add that this cult film is however not for everyone.
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I saw Sinister again. Still doesn't scare me, but I enjoyed it and I enjoyed freaking the hell out of my cousin. 7/10

Monte Walsh (1970)

I kind of feel that this a movie strictly for big Western fans. I didn't have any problems with it. It's just that nothing stood out for me. It was ok.

I think most Westerns are strictly for big Westerns fans.
Says a non-western fan . Monte Walsh is a weak Western if i've ever seen one, if you want to ignore HK and enjoy a few Westerns. Stick to the 30's and 50's, the journey from Stagecoach type Westerns; takes to even the High Noon, The Searchers, and Shane Period, is fascinating ..

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've thought more of Monte Walsh each time I've watched it. The first time I thought it was slow and meandering with wild changes in tone. The second time I really got into the camaraderie between Lee Marvin and Jack Palance, as well as the music and photography. The third time it seemed very romantic, and I almost cried at how sad it was at times.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

This movie is a bit intense because of the subject and some of the dialogue, but it's definitely worth watching. All four of the main actors did a great job, with Richard Burton being the standout in my opinion.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Drugstore Cowboy (1989)

When I read the synopsis of this movie, I didn't think that I would like it because it didn't sound like my kind of movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this movie. It was very well done, and I think it may be the best acting of Matt Dillon's career, (and I've been a fan of his since his teen movies back in the 1980s).

I've thought more of Monte Walsh each time I've watched it. The first time I thought it was slow and meandering with wild changes in tone. The second time I really got into the camaraderie between Lee Marvin and Jack Palance, as well as the music and photography. The third time it seemed very romantic, and I almost cried at how sad it was at times.
Fair enough. I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago when i was sick and off work, HK,Daniel M and Skepsis will know what i mean by the daytime Film4 movies. One of which was Monte Walsh. It's annoying that you've made me want to rewatch MW, .

Drugstore Cowboy (1989)

When I read the synopsis of this movie, I didn't think that I would like it because it didn't sound like my kind of movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this movie. It was very well done, and I think it may be the best acting of Matt Dillon's career, (and I've been a fan of his since his teen movies back in the 1980s).

Good Movie . Just don't follow it up with My Private Idaho. The best Matt Dillon movie is The Outsders btw .

Finished here. It's been fun.

25th Hour

Fantastic, fantastic film. I don't think I can even shout enough praise for it. An incredible,moving story with outstanding performances. Edward Norton is a criminally underrated actor, he really is superb here. The movie packs a big emotional punch, but its done with such care that I never got the feeling that anything was too melodramatic or sappy. Spike Lee has filmmaking talent,so sad to see that he hasn't made anything good in over a decade.

I just really connected with this film, and I can see it becoming one of my all-time favorites even.