the nominees in 1978 were:
Heaven Can Wait
The Deer Hunter
Midnight Express
Coming Home
and An Unmarried Woman
watch ''Halloween'' by John Carpenter !

Kindergarten Cop (1990)

It's a movie in which Schwarzenegger takes care of kindergarten children. It is as funny as it sounds and it's entertaining in your typical Schwarzenegger way. I loved it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm a cop you idiot! I'm detective John Kimble!

A
film, but I love Schwarzenegger quotes from it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

good stuff 'Slinger. James Cagney. i'm a fan

Angels with Dirty Faces (1938) is fun too

the final scene from White Heat (1949) at the chemical plant makes me think of finalés like the steel mill in T2: Judgment Day (1991)... or Heat (1995) when DeNiro & Pacino end up in the field outside the freight terminal

i'm sure there's a bunch more movies that have endings like that. where we end up in a cool atmospheric environment. these are the first three that come to mind like that

Finished here. It's been fun.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Wow. A superb,high-caliber blockbuster with great performances,an excellent script and pitch-perfect pacing. Thoroughly entertaining and engrossing, and so far I'd say its the best blockbuster of the Summer. A very enjoyable movie and I wouldn't mind viewing it again. Its damn good.

-

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Days of Future Past is brilliant, I loved it.

This is a pretty amazing movie. It's not one for those who like mainstream stuff. It has a few very distressing scenes, but some remarkable editing and direction. Really it's an art-film. Something to get your brain around after multiple viewings. I can try to theorize what I think it means but there is little point really. Suffice to say that society, humanization and gender are key themes.

I am certain it will be thought of as a masterpiece in the same vein as 2001 A.S.O in years to come.

9/10

Wasn't really in the right frame of mind when I started watching it so it didn't initially grab me as I would've hoped. But the deeper the story went, the more involved I got and I began to appreciate it a lot more.

I know i'll be thinking about it a wee bit over the next few days and I'm looking forward to the inevitable rewatch.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wait a second, isn't the GIF from Danger 5? Cool TV series. "And remember: Kill Hitler!"

EDIT: It looks like the second season of Danger 5 is coming this year in Australia!
EDIT2: Scratch my feet and twist my ankles. Under the Skin is available on Blu-Ray!

Solaris (1972) 4.5/5
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey (2005)

This is more of a documentary than a film but is a damn fine on at that. Sam Dunn, an anthropologist student chose to look into the roots of the music genre metal to see where it all begin, where it is now and where it is going. As someone who is very interested in the genre I loved it and thing it is a fine film with one of the best soundtracks of any film.

My score: 10/10

22 Jump Street

I love these movies. Tatum and Hill have such epic chemistry and are absolutely hilarious together. Their comedic timing is on song and I desperately hope we get a 23rd (although that seems unlikely). I just want to watch this again already.

9/10

All I did was party and get laid.
Under the Skin

What I found so fascinating about this film is its will to not spoon feed the audience that watches it, it simply thrives off your curiosity and imagination. I watched it at the edge of my seat, constantly interested in what the narrative was going to throw at me next. Whether that be a stunning establishing shot of gloomy Scotland, or another clue into the mesmerizing mind of Scarlett Johansson's beautiful/deadly female protagonist. The film never lets up on mystery and eeriness also, it constantly exudes it through the soundtrack and cinematography in nearly every scene. I found the shot choice in this film to be nearly perfect too as every frame moves you subliminally along with the narrative while also provoking your interest and imagination of the entire story. I found Under the Skin a film that makes you think and question every step of the way, while also dazzling and wowing with spectacular direction and storytelling.

8/10