Seats in Cinema

Tools    

Actually, I just remembered that I used the bathroom during the movie last time I went to a theater.

When I go to the movies, I like to sit in the very middle of the theater. Dead center. Not too far, not too close. Right in the middle, where I can see the screen perfectly. As centered as I possibly can be.

Sometimes I don't mind sitting (in stadium theaters) in the very back row at the end, up against the wall near the projector, but there can be a stiffness to it that I don't like. However, there is also a feeling of superiority and domination, as if I'm high above everyone else in the theater and more powerful than they.

I hate seats WAY up front, practically next to the screen. I forbid it! You have to strain your neck to see it. I don't need to be THAT close to the movie. There needs to be some distance. I also hate sitting on the sides of the theater and I'm not a fan of aisle seats. Dead center. Dead center. Aisle seats are next to the aisle, where people are always walking by you.

Oh man, I have a reason to go on a movie date with Sexy Celebrity!

I'm also a dead center or as close to it as possible person. I mostly go to movies alone, (though I saw Edge of Tomorrow with my son as a refreshing change of pace) and I always sit middle center.

Relating to watching films alone; when I saw Sunshine I was sitting in the middle of the theater alone. There were people there, but not a ton. It was probably 2/3 full. I was sitting in a seat with no one near me for most of the isle. Just as the previews started a man came into the theater, looked around, looked at me and came and sat in the seat right next to mine like he knew me. I was stunned, but I stayed my ground. He wasn't smelly or annoying or a heavy breather or anything like that so I just decided to suck it up because I liked my seat. Then, about 10 minutes in he took a hard candy out of his pocket and stuck it in his mouth. There was no annoying wrapper sound or anything so I still wasn't bothered. About 2 minutes after he put it in his mouth he chewed it up and that I could hear. He did this about every 10-15 minutes during the movie. He was my slightly pleasant, crunchy-candy-mouthed movie buddy for the entire film. It never really bothered me, but I did have to stifle some laughter about the third or fourth time he did it. After the movie he got up and left.

It always kind of bothered me though that he sat right next to me in a theater that wasn't really crowded. The only thing I could think was that he wasn't the type to be seen in a theater alone so maybe he would always go to the theater and look for the least imposing guy there and sit with him so he wouldn't look like he was by himself? I don't know, but it still makes me chuckle to this day.

If it is available, I always sit in the center of the back row. Don't like people talking behind me or hitting the back of my chair, even put their feet up. It also keeps the noise at a minimum, I find.

Bowels? I can't say I've ever gone #2 in the theater bathroom.

I do generally have to make a sprint to restroom as soon as the credits roll though. Between the huge drinks they serve and the fact that they feel the need to crank the air conditioning regardless of the season I nearly always have to pee really bad.

I do generally have to make a sprint to restroom as soon as the credits roll though. Between the huge drinks they serve and the fact that they feel the need to crank the air conditioning regardless of the season I nearly always have to pee really bad.
I try and hold and it in the best I can, but when it comes to the point to where I'm crossing my legs and can't hold it in any longer....I second think ordering a large drink. Especially when the film is over two hours.

That's why you don't go in front of people. You use the restroom.
Is that why everybody stares?

When I was a little kid, I would always pull my pants and underwear all the way down to my ankles before peeing. That was fine at home, but I quickly learned in school that wasn't the proper protocol.

Imagine walking into a public restroom and seeing a man bare-assed at the urinal.

When I was a little kid, I would always pull my pants and underwear all the way down to my ankles before peeing. That was fine at home, but I quickly learned in school that wasn't the proper protocol.
I once saw a grown man do this at a urinal once. No, he wasn't trying to get my attention (but he got it anyway).

I must always sit in the middle, third row back. I must always have an extra large soft drink. If I must pee, I go in the empty cup. I am hardcore.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I don't care much for food at a theater, but I do like having a drink. Especially at this theater near me that has Grape Mello Yello.

I remember about ten years ago me and my brother went to the cinema and I ate at huge bag of salted popcorn and a drank monster size coke. We got stuck in traffic on the way home and I very nearly soiled myself. I had super constipation! And what came out of me later that day was truly provocative.

I near had to pee in my cup when watching TDKR... about half way through the film I was busting for a piss cause I drank too much of my drink while the stupid amount of trailers were being shown.

I actually thought about using my super large coke cup but there were people in my row who would have seen my dinkle.

There are toilets... but I was in the middle of the film...

It was just at the part where Bane and Batpants fight...