Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Chasing Amy (1997)

This isn't a bad film by any means but I don't think it is one of Smiths best films. I preferred Jersey Girl over this from a Affleck stand point. As I say though not a terrible film but I don't think I will re-watch this as much as the others.

My rating: 6.5/10

Chasing Amy (1997)

This isn't a bad film by any means but I don't think it is one of Smiths best films. I preferred Jersey Girl over this from a Affleck stand point. As I say though not a terrible film but I don't think I will re-watch this as much as the others.

My rating: 6.5/10

I enjoy films with Jay and Silent Bob.. why you ask? I met Jason Mewes in person at the WizardWorld Comic Convention in Chicago a few years back. He is very cool person!

@Lucas:

I knew you were going to love The Swimmer. You're a man of great taste.

I personally couldn't keep it dry at the end of the film. There's so much truth and existential melancholy in it. An absolutely stunning experience. Haunting.

I've been advocating this film on these forums since the first time I saw it and even nominated it for the MoFo HoF. I'm very glad to see that many people appreciate it so much. It's a special piece of cinema.
I also completely agree about the strong effect of "swimming pools" as a medium to create a certain atmosphere. Another great example of using a swimming pool for 'metaphysical purposes' is of course The Graduate.

Wonderful review, Lucas! It seems like we were both touched by the film in the same way.

I enjoy films with Jay and Silent Bob.. why you ask? I met Jason Mewes in person at the WizardWorld Comic Convention in Chicago a few years back. He is very cool person!
Oh I am with you with regards to J&B, they may play small roles in certain films but the roles they do play are fantastic. It may be that Smith is in love with his own scripts but I love it whenever Silent Bob says anything, he always has some of the best lines in the films especially in Clerks 2.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

After watching "The French Connection" and "The French Connection II" last night, it just makes sense to watch "The Seven-Ups" tonight. I love Roy Scheider, and I've heard great things about this movie, so I have high hopes for it.

I loved "The Seven-Ups". I thought it was better than "The French Connection II", but not quite as good as "The French Connection", but I thought Roy Scheider was fantastic in this movie. It kept my attention from start to finish. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes police thrillers, and it has an incredible car chase that shouldn't be missed.

"Freebie and the Bean" is a fun movie that is basically a police "buddy" movie. James Caan and Alan Arkin are great together. This isn't the best cop movie out there, and it isn't the funniest movie out there, but if you're looking for an exciting and fun movie to watch, this is worth a look.

Slaughterhouse-Five (1972)

This is on the top 100 Sci-Fi movies list, but I didn't see any elements of Sci-Fi until the last 20 minutes. It's about a guy who is unstuck in time. Now, I don't have a clue what that means, and I never read the book. Most of the movie seemed to me, to be about a guy who came back from World War II, and continued to have long flashbacks. So I'm still not sure what it was about, but I know I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I think most of the members would like it.

"The Thief Who Came to Dinner" is basically a heist movie that's more about the thief than about the actual heist. It's a pretty good movie, but it's not great. Kind of slow at times, and the ending was kind of predictable, but it's worth watching if you're just looking for a light movie. You can probably add a half a star if you're a Ryan O'Neal fan.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Glad to report the folks like the film.

Cant wait to own this, im really looking forward to seeing it

Slaughterhouse-Five (1972)

This is on the top 100 Sci-Fi movies list, but I didn't see any elements of Sci-Fi until the last 20 minutes. It's about a guy who is unstuck in time. Now, I don't have a clue what that means, and I never read the book. Most of the movie seemed to me, to be about a guy who came back from World War II, and continued to have long flashbacks. So I'm still not sure what it was about, but I know I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I think most of the members would like it.

Did it feature Tralfamadorians?

I read the book in high school and really enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem like a book that would translate to film very well.

Founder of DejaScene.com

"The Thief Who Came to Dinner" is basically a heist movie that's more about the thief than about the actual heist. It's a pretty good movie, but it's not great. Kind of slow at times, and the ending was kind of predictable, but it's worth watching if you're just looking for a light movie. You can probably add a half a star if you're a Ryan O'Neal fan.

This description immediately reminds me of The Thomas Crown Affair.

Did it feature Tralfamadorians?

I read the book in high school and really enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem like a book that would translate to film very well.
Yes, in the last 20 minutes. I read some of the reviews after watching it and it seemed that most people thought it did translate into film well.

Dead Man Walking - 7/10

Took a while to get into it but a good film

How to train your dragon. 10/10.
No idea why I waited so long to see it. Can't wait to watch the sequel.

hmm, the Grand Budapest Hotel beats the Overlook Hotel ?

may have to check this out
What can I say I like the quirky nature of Wes Anderson's movies. Still check it out. IDK if it is going to beat out your favorite movie though.