THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I think it has different sections regarding different periods of cinema, like chapters on silent cinema, Chaplin. What I want to do over time is buy different books and read different essays/reviews relevant to different time periods and slices of cinema, and try and become well versed in as many different parts of it as I can, as there's so much great stuff to explore. The great thing is you can teach yourself I guess, and every film you watch helps you and you're learning along the way. I really want to be involved in something to do with films in the future, not exactly sure why I'm doing Business Information Systems (it's like Computer Science), although I don't dislike it
My opinion (and experience) is that with both film studies and especially Computer Science, the schooling is way far behind what is actually happening. Most of the important film criticism of the past century was informal, and it didn't really happen very much until well past the mid-century mark, and computer science has just developed too fast to keep up with properly. Both of those seem to be among the best and easiest fields to study independently of formal education. I'm minorimg in Computer Science at school, but basically to give me discipline that I wouldn't have via self-teaching. I've had one film class in college, but I learned far more on my own that semester than I did in that class.

I imagine film classes can only bolster your film education. I want to continue studying film, as well as develop and refine my skills in writing on cinema. Because film is my greatest passion, I don't want to study something else and have that consume my time, and have to put my film education by the wayside. I want it to be my #1 priority.

Therefore, I think it will be a good choice for me.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I imagine film classes can only bolster your film education. I want to continue studying film, as well as develop and refine my skills in writing on cinema. Because film is my greatest passion, I don't want to study something else and have that consume my time, and have to put my film education by the wayside. I want it to be my #1 priority.

Therefore, I think it will be a good choice for me.
Of course education can (in most cases) only improve your knowledge and abilities. Do you go to school for film now, or are you planning on it? I would love to study film, but an academic career never appealed to me and I wasn't sure what else I'd do with a film related degree so I chose a different, extremely similar major, chemical engineering. While film is one of my deepest passions, like Daniel, I also really enjoy what I'm doing in school in addition to my film related activities.

Good to be back after some hiatus. How are all you "MoFo's" doing these days? Between the last time I was here and now, I was smoking five packs a day, (now quit the junk all together for a year now), and I'm headed back into college for a masters in Film and English, and (down the road when I chew on those for awhile), a degree in Mathematics. All things well here. (And btw, I LOVE the new site reboot! Amazing looking). Take care friends! Now I'm off to watch me a Movie!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I'm in too. Ps Business management is a decent degree.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Got a call back today for the loan officer position to set up an interview! I am happy and nervous all in the same!
Good for you! And once you do one interview and survive it, you'll have the confidence to put yourself out there for more. Or you may just land it the first time out. Good luck!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Some one has to have seen both Delicatessen and Show Me Love. I really need someone to vote for one in my tournament so I can declare a winner.

Good to be back after some hiatus. How are all you "MoFo's" doing these days? Between the last time I was here and now, I was smoking five packs a day, (now quit the junk all together for a year now), and I'm headed back into college for a masters in Film and English, and (down the road when I chew on those for awhile), a degree in Mathematics. All things well here. (And btw, I LOVE the new site reboot! Amazing looking). Take care friends! Now I'm off to watch me a Movie!
Good to have you back, man. Nice to hear things are well.

Though I beg to differ on the new site layout (sorry Chris).

I saw the first How to Train Your Dragon. It was good, but it seemed a lot of people liked it more than I did. I don't have anything against it though.