Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Back to the Future Part II - 1989

I always remember saying for a long time that in the BTTF series number two was my favourite of the three. I am yet to watch number three (probably tomorrow night to keep in line) but I actually felt that after all these years number two was a let down. I don't know why I just didn't enjoy it as much as I remembered. Never the less a good film.

Rating: 8/10

Get Shorty (1995)

Saying any film is "under the radar" will almost always get you in trouble because people may have seen it a lot and it never made it big from one persons perspective. It got a very respectable 6.9 on IMDb and it has a wonderful cast, a tight script and great line delivery. I believe it was also one of the first John Travolta films I saw and also one of his best. It is not as good as Pulp Fiction or Swordfish but I still think he was very good in it.

My rating: 8/10

Child Pose (2013) - 8/10
Mystery Road (2013) - 8/10
The Hunter (2011) - 8/10
The Railway Man (2013) - 6/10
Any Day Now (2012) - 5/10
Tystnaden (1963) - 8/10
The Searchers (1956) - 8/10
Ida (2013) - 7/10
Zulu (2013) - 6/10

Gaslight (1944)

From the top 100 thrills list, this is a must see for fans of old classics. Great performances and a great story.

Unregistered User

In Cold Blood (1967)

Brilliant. Such a brutal story filmed beautifully in black and white. THe 2 lead actors give amazing performances. I'd love to read the book on this.

The Mackintosh Man (1973)

Excellent cold war spy thriller starring Paul Newman. Was a bit disappointed at the ending but other than that it was a pretty well executed film that kept me on my toes. I dont think it will show up on the 70's list but its definately worth a watch.

+

Brick (2005)

I enjoyed it. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. A neo-noir detective whodunnit set in high school. Bizarre but novel. The script was extremely sharp. So much so that I think it will need a rewatch to get the most out of it. Some nice camera work too. 7/10

11:14 (2003)

I wasn't expecting much from this low budget 85 minute movie. But it was decent enough viewing for me at the end of a weekend. Darkly comic, grisly in parts with a interwoven story plot reminiscent of a light hearted "crash" (Haggis). Not bad for an hour and a half's entertainment. 6/10

In Cold Blood (1967)

Brilliant. Such a brutal story filmed beautifully in black and white. The 2 lead actors give amazing performances. I'd love to read the book on this.
The book is excellent. I don't typically read non-fiction, but Capote writes beautifully. Not only does he get into the head of the killers, but he also has a way of withholding significant details in the case until near the end, maximizing the suspense. I like the film, too, but the book is superior.

Unregistered User
The book is excellent. I don't typically read non-fiction, but Capote writes beautifully. Not only does he get into the head of the killers, but he also has a way of withholding significant details in the case until near the end, maximizing the suspense. I like the film, too, but the book is superior.
Cheers Cap'n, Ive actually just ordered the book. Looking forward to it.

█ █ █ █ █
Darkness Falls

Think i watched around half of Sherilyn Fenn's filmography and, man, i couldn't really say much of it is great, so that kinda surprises me when i found now and then some good ones among her movies i hadn't seem. About this one, there's a interesting plot with a good twisting, and miss Sherilyn delivers some considerable emotional edges. The production feels like "made for tv", so i only missed it was tenser, but i enjoyed it even so.

(from now on, i'm considering not rating the movies with popcorn anymore, and use it only for eating)

Black Christmas (1974)

Halloween has Michael Myers and the great theme music, but I thought this was a little bit better overall. It's one of the best slasher pictures I've seen, and well deserving of it's spot on the MoFo top 100 horrors list.

█ █ █ █ █
Contracted

A zombie drama! The movie's production is simple but well done, and it features some real lousy moments. I liked it for the original approach (with its metaphorical sides) and the great performance of the lead actress. Only things they could have improved are the somewhat irrelevant soundtrack and the
WARNING: "detail" spoilers below
ending

█ █ █ █ █
Panic Room

I didn't remember it was a Fincher's movie. The plot is great, and the acting is also very good, as anyone could expect.

Unregistered User

Dial M for Murder (1954)

I loved the dialogue and the performances especially from Ray Milland, the part where he offers everyone a drink is ingenious. Its certainly not my favourite from Hitchcock but it would possibly make my top 5.

++

To Rome with Love (2012)

Charming and entertaining comedy from Woody Allen.Good cast and decent storyline. Nowhere near being his best obviously but still worth a watch. Plus Penelope Cruz is hot

So, the last movie I've watch is "The Raid" from Gareth Evans. I must say I'm very pleased with what I saw, the movie is really intense and it stays "true" to it's nature.
The combat scenes were quite impressive and I loved the acting,aria prayogi who plays the lead role is perfect, his martial abilities are rather impressive.
I'd say the movie is definiltely a must watch for those who enjoy a good action movie !

The Raid - 8/10

Cheers !

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
So, the last movie I've watch is "The Raid" from Gareth Evans. I must say I'm very pleased with what I saw, the movie is really intense and it stays "true" to it's nature.
The combat scenes were quite impressive and I loved the acting,aria prayogi who plays the lead role is perfect, his martial abilities are rather impressive.
I'd say the movie is definiltely a must watch for those who enjoy a good action movie !

The Raid - 8/10

Cheers !
Ive been meaning to watch this for a long time.

Last film I watched recently was Xmen Days of Future Past and loved it. Crackimg film fairplay.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's one of my favorite books of all time. Every time I read it I can't get it out of my head and then I end up watching every movie made on the subject.

Yes, the book is a lot better than the movie but Robert Blake made a great Perry Smith and that's the only time that role has been properly cast.

I ordered Clean, Shaven yesterday, has anyone seen this?