Game of Thrones: Season 4

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Jesus that was brutal. Was the one result of the fight that I hadn't expected.

In the Beginning...
I love it when something like this happens and I see all these comments from people who are mad at the makers of the show. "Stop killing off all the people we like!" "I want to punch the writers in the face!"

Um, these are books, people. Don't blame the messengers.

Loved this episode. I knew from the title of the episode what was coming but didn't it seem like the episode, although just under an hour, stretched beyond that running time?

It was epic in all kinds of ways. It was nice to see Ygritte make an appearance again.

Yep, it looks like Sansa is "playing the Game of Thrones" along with everyone else.

Yes, -KhaN-, I agree about Arya's laugh, and I think it was for the first reason you mentioned.

I know Ser Jorah did wrong a ways back, but he's one of my favorite characters and I truly felt for him in this episode.

Yes, the "Beetle" story was magnificent. I'll say it again, Dinklage is having probably his best season without being on the road or in the midst of action. Emmy voters, take note!

The finale, with Oberyn and the Mountain, was gangbusters. I'm pretty immune to gore but I was wincing at that finale. Great stuff, though. One of the top episodes this year.

No death of GOT hurt me so much. I'm speechless, even though this death was not totally unexpected. That overconfidence...

Another fan of Tyrion's beetle story here.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh, I'll add a shoutout to Oberyn's paramour, whose blood-curdling screams when he died were perfect. Not just a shrieky-scream thing, but a truly horrified wailing scream that just topped off the scene perfectly. Bravo!

I am the Watcher in the Night
Three impassable gates with steep climbs/narrow bridges in between? *Shrugs*

you do realise the Lords make it up to the eyrie right? lol

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I am the Watcher in the Night
Oh, I'll add a shoutout to Oberyn's paramour, whose blood-curdling screams when he died were perfect. Not just a shrieky-scream thing, but a truly horrified wailing scream that just topped off the scene perfectly. Bravo!
And Oberyn's own screams....they shall haunt me forever.

Can't wait to see how Dorne reacts to this and how the show makers handle the arising situation....I really, really hope as a fan of the books, that we get to see some Dorne scenes this season...just once at least!

One thing thats always nagged me is how they cast Grey Worm. He's too damned skinny. Was Worm supposed to be a scrawny runt in the books?

Oh, that is nassssstayyyy. Thanks for posting a still shot of a moment I had successfully managed to avoid by blinking while it was happening.

One thing thats always nagged me is how they cast Grey Worm. He's too damned skinny. Was Worm supposed to be a scrawny runt in the books?
I don't think that actor looks like a scrawny runt. Remember, though, that he HAS been without the normal dose of testosterone for years now... sooooo...

Oh, that is nassssstayyyy. Thanks for posting a still shot of a moment I had successfully managed to avoid by blinking while it was happening.
The same as me, man, the same as me. When I watched Gregor's deadly reaction all of a sudden I was telling myself "this is not happening". Then I played it again only to be sure. Pointless, though. The time I saw half of Oberyn's denture falling to the floor I knew that it was over for him.